Humble Bundle Thread

Already cancelled.  Didn't have much interest in Rocket League.  Mad Max winded up to be pretty 'meh,' too.  I never bothered to finish.  It''s not bad but on hindsight probably nothing I'd spend $12 on alone.  At least it gave me the chance to give some games to Preedatore who's given me quite a bit in the past.

Don't think it was posted yet, the humble original in the monthly is supposed to be "Catgirl without Salad" from Wayforward which was originally an April fools joke.

https://www.destructoid.com/wayforward-s-april-fools-joke-cat-girl-without-salad-now-a-reality-364160.phtml
Curious...will that be a redeemable "Steam key" or will it just be a download? Way forward is one of my favorite developers and that game alone makes me want to jump in on the Humble Monthly for the first time. Just hoping its a STEAM game and that it will be confirmed for this month.

No the Humble Originals are a "Humble Exclusive".

They're kind of vague about whether it's a timed or forever exclusive but there's definitely no promise made of Steam keys now or later for those games.

They're kind of vague about whether it's a timed or forever exclusive but there's definitely no promise made of Steam keys now or later for those games.
Ah ok. That makes sense. I kinda hope its just part of the Humble Bundle and not the "Humble Original." I guess time will tell.

That's great. Maybe the next time I'm on Humble, direct-downloading some Double Fine "Prototype" from 2011, I'll remember that I also own Cat Salad Girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh*

Cibele is a game based on a true story about love, sex, and the internet.

You play as a 19 year old girl named Nina who has become close with a young man she met in an online game. Her relationship with him heats up, becoming more and more intimate with each phone call and private chat.

The game unravels in three acts.

The player plays as Nina, going into her online game, exploring her desktop, chatting with her friends and going about her daily life as she plays her online game. It is a narrative game which strives to help the player walk in Nina's shoes as she plays her online game, becoming more and more intimate with her lover as each act unfolds.

*sigh*

You play as a 19 year old girl named Nina who has become close with a young man she met in an online game. Her relationship with him heats up, becoming more and more intimate with each phone call and private chat.

The player plays as Nina, going into her online game, exploring her desktop, chatting with her friends and going about her daily life as she plays her online game. It is a narrative game which strives to help the player walk in Nina's shoes as she plays her online game, becoming more and more intimate with her lover as each act unfolds.
Sounds like an episode of the Red Shoe Diaries.

Hm. Well, I'm in for 80 Days and Sorcery! at about $1.50 a pop.

Cibele looks interesting, but also like one of those things like about every third release on Steam these days that I'd have trouble explaining to my wife if she saw me playing it. "Um, it's a narrative-driven exploration of the theme of finding love online"? Yeah, that's it. Nothing pervy about it at all. :bs:

*sigh*

Oh my.

Once again, $1-tier is the best tier. :bouncy:

I love how they have to slip Double Fine games in with other games people sort of want now to get people to buy them (again!) at this point.

Anyone interested in Read Only Memories or Broken Age from a split?
giphy.gif

Oh yeah, and Read Only Memories. After people told them they were dumbasses for putting their game in an Indie Gala 5 minutes after it came out, then they were like Oops, well too late now but you can be sure we won't make that mistake again soon.

Now it's still a fairly recent release and 33 cents in the biggest bundle that even console buying grandmas have probably heard of.

Good job guys.

BTA seems to be pretty much stuck at $3.30whatever.

In other news, Ubi unlocks happened.

Let's see:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, not surprising, was in the previous bundle, good game

FC 3: Blood Dragon, also not surprising, was in the previous bundle, good game

Oh here's something new, 100 intel credits for The Division... what the fuck??

And I thought a DLC being a Capcom unlock was bad.

Also, all Uplay obviously.

BTA seems to be pretty much stuck at $3.30whatever.

In other news, Ubi unlocks happened:

Let's see:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, not surprising, was in the previous bundle, good game

FC 3: Blood Dragon, also not surprising, was in the previous bundle, good game

Oh here's something new, 100 intel credits for The Division... what the fuck??

And I thought a DLC being a Capcom unlock was bad.

Also, all Uplay obviously.
The intel credits are needed to go after High Value Targets for loot purposes. It's a PvE element that was just implemented in the latest 1.2 patch. You can earn/grind for those intel credits pretty easily but getting 100 is nice.

Oh shit, I just confirmed I'm still playing the Division.

Since Sifu's slacking, I'll do a rough post of the new bundle:

Humble Narrative Bundle

Base Tier:

Her Story (previously in some Humble Weekly $6-tier with Roundabout)

Read Only Memories (previously in an IG)

Cibele (bundle debut)

BTA Tier (~$3.37):

Broken Age (Humble Monthly repeat)

80 Days (previously in a Humble Mobile bundle, Steam version bundle debut)

Sorcery Parts 1 & 2 (previously in a Humble Mobile bundle, Steam version bundle debut)

$10-Tier:

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition

Does anyone know if the tiers and games from the Ubisoft Encore bundle are separate keys? I assume they are, but checking for... reasons.

The intel credits are needed to go after High Valued Targets for loot purposes. It's a PvE element that was just implemented in the latest 1.2 patch. You can earn/grind for those intel credits pretty easily but getting 100 is nice.

Oh shit, I just confirmed I'm still playing the Division.
Thanks for the explanation.

Just disappointing that the encore bundle is literally the same bundle now + 100 Division monies. At least Capcom kind of made it interesting.

Edit: Somebody on Reddit said the credit cap was 99. Does that mean you can end up with wasted credits if you have some already?

I didn't have any of the base/BTA games and Her Story is on my wishlist so this was actually a good bundle for me.

Plus, it's been way too long since I pretended to be a hot 19 year old girl looking for sex on the internet.

Thanks for the explanation.

Just disappointing that the encore bundle is literally the same bundle now + 100 Division monies. At least Capcom kind of made it interesting.

Edit: Somebody on Reddit said the credit cap was 99. Does that mean you can end up with wasted credits if you have some already?
Couldn't you just like use your credit before adding the other one?

Don't know anything about any of these games. I beat the average solely because of the Double Fine game description. Although the inclusion of Jack Black was almost a deal breaker. Anyway, small price to pay for all my hopes and dreams.

• Pointing 
  • Clicking 
  • Original soundtrack, composed by Peter McConnell, recorded by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra 
  • All-star voice cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Wil Wheaton, and Pendleton Ward 
  • Dialog Trees! 
  • Some jokes. Unless you don't think they're funny, in which case we totally weren't trying to be funny. 
  • A whole bunch of awesome PUZZLES 
  • This one really hard puzzle that you won't get but you'll look it up online and not tell anybody 
  • All your hopes and dreams

Surprised you haven't heard about Broken Age.  It's been fairly notorious for years as the first major video game Kickstarter (that started the trend)... and really didn't live up to the amount paid in/hype.

Don't know anything about any of these games. I beat the average solely because of the Double Fine game description. Although the inclusion of Jack Black was almost a deal breaker. Anyway, small price to pay for all my hopes and dreams.

• Pointing
  • Clicking
  • Original soundtrack, composed by Peter McConnell, recorded by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
  • All-star voice cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Wil Wheaton, and Pendleton Ward
  • Dialog Trees!
  • Some jokes. Unless you don't think they're funny, in which case we totally weren't trying to be funny.
  • A whole bunch of awesome PUZZLES
  • This one really hard puzzle that you won't get but you'll look it up online and not tell anybody
  • All your hopes and dreams
It's been bundled 3 times now. You probably could have even found someone to give you an extra copy they got without even trying.

Welp, I'm glad I went up to the BTA tier for ROM five months ago and have yet to play it.  Can't decide if I should go $10 or BTA, that would still be like $6 for Shadowrun HK and guarantees it will be $5 in the summer sale and $1 tier next time it's bundled.

It's weird if the top tier was $8 I would get it easily but that extra 2 bucks really hurts. Also doesn't help I have Her Story and Broken Age already.

bread's done
Back