Humble Bundle Thread

Just a heads up for anyone who bought the May Humble Monthly Bundle: You should now have a Steam key for the Humble Original game Gunmetal Arcadia Zero on your account.

Just a heads up for anyone who bought the May Humble Monthly Bundle: You should now have a Steam key for the Humble Original game Gunmetal Arcadia Zero on your account.
Took me a second to find it, because it didn't show up in unredeemed keys. Had to go to the actual bundle to get it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I just resubbed for the next monthly and it applied a 10% off coupon so it came to $10.80.  Maybe they lifted the new account restriction?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I just resubbed for the next monthly and it applied a 10% off coupon so it came to $10.80. Maybe they lifted the new account restriction?
How long did you have to wait...? I was in last month, just cancelled, and tried to resubscribe and it says 12 bucks... (I was also a subscriber when I bought their last bundle... Which just might be my problem.)

FWIW, I've bought every Monthly bundle since March (I subscribe the first Friday of each month to get the early unlock and cancel immediately afterward). The December bundle was the first time in months that one of the 10% coupons applied for me. When you look at the Terms and Conditions of these most recent coupons, I notice that there's no explicit mention that they'll only work for new subscribers. Previously it would say "New Subscribers only" in the T&C in addition to stating it on the bundle page (and it still does say it there). So I have no idea whether this is intentional or an oversight, or if there's a specific way to go about canceling/re-subbing in order to get the discount without making multiple accounts.

The monthly bundle may be skipping January.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/6FSqi/no-humble-monthly-in-january

0Ow9o5G.png

Deep Silver BYOB up to 82% off:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/deepsilver-byob/

• Killer is Dead
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Metro Last Light Redux
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Risen 3 Complete
  • Trainz A New Era
  • Saints Row IV (base game only)
  • Sacred 3 Gold Edition
  • Risen 2 Dark Waters Gold Edition
  • Saints Row The Third (base game only)
  • Sacred Citadel (base game only)
  • Saints Row 2
  • Risen 3 (base game only)
  • Sacred 3 (base game only)
  • Lost Horizon 2
  • Sacred 2
  • Risen
This is a great way to get both Metro Reduxes and Ryse for cheap - the prices go down to 3.24 with the Monthly Discount.

If anyone wants to go in on a split, I have one spot open: I want both Metro Reduxes, Risen 3 Complete, and Ryse.

^ Worth noting that Sacred 2 Gold is the only game in the bundle that doesn't give a Steam key, so beware if you are looking for filler games.

That HandyGames mobile bundle might be the weakest one yet - many of them are freemium titles and while I haven't played them myself I understand even the 'premium' editions, many of which have been as low as $0.10 on Google Play, aren't strong. 

That HandyGames mobile bundle might be the weakest one yet - many of them are freemium titles and while I haven't played them myself I understand even the 'premium' editions, many of which have been as low as $0.10 on Google Play, aren't strong.
That's true. I bought many of these when they were 10 cents.

Terrible bundle if you sub to the monthly. Yikes. Still may BTA it since it is fairly cheap and put the stuff I have in trade list.

Is The Secret World worth trying without the DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea this staff picks is pretty much totally blah.

Minimal interest in The Secret World, but I know I wont play the thing. Only one I dont have is Dungeons 2 but don't care. 

First regular bundle Im completely sitting out in a while. fuckers.

Jeez, the BTA tanked hard on this one. My lowest BTA is 3.11...

Edit: JEEZ IT KEEPS GOING LOWER!

Been casually checking B/S/T threads everywhere for a cheap copy of Grimrock 2 after skipping on the first Humble Monthly. My year-long wait has finally paid off.

For roughly $3 it might be worth it to get Secret World on steam since I just have it on the Funcom launcher right now.  Anyone know if its a pain (or even possible) to swap your account over?  The Secret World is a great game and definitely worth trying for $3.

So, The Secret World has $210 worth of DLC.  Is any of that crap worth it?  Is the game worth playing without it?  Do I need to pay $3 to have it sit in my backlog?

Don't answer that last one.

edit: pengy'd & juan'd.  I suck.

So, The Secret World has $210 worth of DLC. Is any of that crap worth it? Is the game worth playing without it? Do I need to pay $3 to have it sit in my backlog?

Don't answer that last one.
Yeah there's also an ultimate edition on steam that has a lot of the DLC which tends to go on sale occasionally for $17-20ish. I feel like you'd be better off grabbing that than beating the average for TSW if you want to play it.

Dungeons 2 also has 4 DLCs (1 is free), so the BTA doesn't seem very appealing to me. Good $1 tier if you're not a monthly subscriber though.

Yeah there's also an ultimate edition on steam that has a lot of the DLC which tends to go on sale occasionally for $17-20ish. I feel like you'd be better off grabbing that than beating the average for TSW if you want to play it.

Dungeons 2 also has 4 DLCs (1 is free), so the BTA doesn't seem very appealing to me. Good $1 tier if you're not a monthly subscriber though.
Dungeons 2 is in a Steam bundle so the DLC should be available for cheap in a regular sale.

Wow man, I may need to stop buying the monthlies. They have this rotation now where one week there is no bundle. Next week it is a programming bundle. The week after that is monthly repeats. Then they will have one bundle a month, where most of the games are games and not repeats. 

My body is ready for their upcoming yearly bundle!!!

IMO, this is a good way to try TSW--the base game's unlikely to get much cheaper unless it goes full F2P hybrid like LOTRO. The DLCs go on sale on Steam pretty regularly if you really like the game. Besides, it has cardz (don't pretend you don't care about that!).

I feel like they created this bundle knowing full well that the BTA would tank because no one would pay $14 for Grim Dawn.

Dungeons 2 is in a Steam bundle so the DLC should be available for cheap in a regular sale.
Or you can wait for it to be rebundled with the dlc

IMO, this is a good way to try TSW--the base game's unlikely to get much cheaper unless it goes full F2P hybrid like LOTRO. The DLCs go on sale on Steam pretty regularly if you really like the game. Besides, it has cardz (don't pretend you don't care about that!).
The DLCs go on sale, yes, but you're likely going to be buying the ultimate pack anyway.. it's cheaper to buy it vs. buying the DLCs separately. I mean it might be worth BTA to try TSW to see if you like it, but if you do like it you'll end up buying the ultimate edition lol.

Plus you can get a lot of hours out of TSW before you ever get to a point where you would want to buy a dlc episode. Plus, they used to do this thing where once you reached a certain level (or some milestone) they gave you enough currency to buy one dlc for free anyway.

bread's done
Back