Humble Bundle Thread

First monthly for me and I'm pleased.  I'd been eyeing Steamworld Heist every time it was at $10.

Hollow Knight is a "sneak peek" and has no Steam key?  Is that just Humble's way of saying it's a demo?

This is a really good bundle.  Especially if you sold anything.  I sold Xcom for $7.  Will likely sell Ryse too since I own it.  Will leave me with Husk and Abzu and a few others for next to nothing.  

So if I am subscribed to the monthlies, shouldn't be able to get Warhammer when I click on "See Your Subscription"? Every time I click on it, it just takes me to the XCom 2 bundle.

This is a really good bundle. Especially if you sold anything. I sold Xcom for $7. Will likely sell Ryse too since I own it. Will leave me with Husk and Abzu and a few others for next to nothing.
Yeah, I basically broke even with it. I sold Xcom 2 for $8 and I'll be moving Abzu and Ryse.

I had a review copy of Okhlos so I've played it already. Its not bad at all. Abzu is a gorgeous game, but replayability is pretty low. It's a swimming simulator with 0 challenge, but the visual aesthetics are incredible and worth playing. Not particularly bowled over by the others, but Project Highrise and Husk especially look like they may be play worthy. Steamworld Heist is a sequel to a game I wasnt particularly fond of, but Im willing to try it. All in all its a decent month, although I think last month's was slightly better. I'm not at all moved by Warhammer as the unlock, but I get the interest espc that its a Total War game.

So if I am subscribed to the monthlies, shouldn't be able to get Warhammer when I click on "See Your Subscription"? Every time I click on it, it just takes me to the XCom 2 bundle.
Go to your email and click on the monthly link you got when you bought it.

Bad month for me, don't really care about anything except steamworld. I'll probably sell the rest except Okhlos cause my brother loves greek mythology.

Abzu was fun, but I got bored with it before finishing finding all the fish.  Unlocking some of the whales and sharks was fun.  But then just grew repetitive and boring.

Husk looks like it could be decent. Hopefully the framerate isn't as bad as it looks in the trailer.

Already have ABZU and XCOM 2. Had Steamworld and Ryse wishlisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abzu was fun, but I got bored with it before finishing finding all the fish. Unlocking some of the whales and sharks was fun. But then just grew repetitive and boring.
But it's BREATHTAKING, STUNNING, and ATMOSPHERIC! I see words like that in the first few reviews and I run in the other direction.

The DLC to Total War Warhammer is scary. May have to sell this one.
The game is very playable without any of the dlc, and if you don't own the race packs they are still present on the campaign map controlled by the computer you just can't play as them. The dlc is pricey, but I'd rather have them release dlc to add more races to the game than just stick with the base 4 and call it quits. If you aren't interested in the races you don't have to buy them since you wouldn't play as them anyway and this way you at least get to play against them during the campaign. Its really not bad.

It's a solid headline but was never a fan of the Total War RTS games.  Was hoping Endless Legend complete would be a candidate for a headliner given the recent sale.

What Treybot said. When you're subbed, you don't actually pay until the last Friday of the month, so you can't get the early unlock until then -unless you "pay early." It's a little annoying, since you could just cancel and re-sub each month and get those $5 promo coupons and the early unlock right away.

I'm pretty happy with having subbed for this one for XCOM 2. Ryse is something I kept waiting to be bundled when seeing it on sale for $5. Abzu's been on my wishlist since it came out because it's my kind of thing. Project Highrise and Ohklos look decent too, but XCOM 2, Ryse, and Abzu for $12 isn't terrible at all. May sell off one or two of the others. 

Not excited about Total War: Warhammer, mostly because I've played a bit of Empire: Total War and I couldn't get into it. 

I never use the cesspool so my plan is to sit on ABZU and Ryse until they're completely devalued and then give the keys away in six months.  Watch this spot!

If that Husk game is, in fact, releasing today that means a ton of people will play it and leave reviews that don't count on Steam.  I'm not sure that's a great tactic but, hey, not my game.

But it's BREATHTAKING, STUNNING, and ATMOSPHERIC! I see words like that in the first few reviews and I run in the other direction.
Oh and it is. The first real time you come into the chasm with the big fish, it's amazing. And I played that when I first upgraded from my 780 to a 1070. It was pretty danged cool, but that "flashiness" was lost.

I picked up the monthly for the first time because I actually WANT Warhammer. But that DLC is... pricey. Curious if it'll go on sale sometime soon. Because otherwise... well, just ain't gunna happen. I don't need X-Com and Abzu. But Steamworld isn't too terrible (I don't buy many bundles, so who knows if I missed one)

Not excited about Total War: Warhammer, mostly because I've played a bit of Empire: Total War and I couldn't get into it.
Shogun was the game that got me into TW. I couldn't really stand the others. That game sucked me in. Not quite as many DLC as Paradox games, but fairly close.

I never use the cesspool so my plan is to sit on ABZU and Ryse until they're completely devalued and then give the keys away in six months. Watch this spot!

If that Husk game is, in fact, releasing today that means a ton of people will play it and leave reviews that don't count on Steam. I'm not sure that's a great tactic but, hey, not my game.
Husk is out officially, just search for it on Steam. The reviews are mostly negative atm.

Husk is out officially, just search for it on Steam. The reviews are mostly negative atm.
I know it's out, just that it says it released Feb 3, 2017 (i.e., today)

The reviews are currently 100% negative because there's one review. And it's negative :D

In fairness, it's literally just one review from someone who only has technical complaints and owns very few games. I'm not discounting that he could be correct, but not really enough to base anything on a review yet. The bigger "eh" is the trailer, which is wonky as fuck.

I'm sure we'll see more as the day goes on. I'm not holding my breath for it to be anything special though.

The monthly is good for me. I don't own any of them, and have an interest in Abzu, Steamworld Heist and Project Highrise.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Not bad, not bad at all Humble.

I'm glad I was never tempted to buy Ryse in the plethora of sales it was in for $4.99. Okhlos is a Devolver Digital game about rallying angry mobs to bring down an oppressive god? Hmm. :whistle2:k I might have to play this one. Husk looks decent visually, although in the game description it says "4-5 hours of gameplay". Maybe that's all it needs to be though.

Project Highrise looks like it could be a reimagined version of SimTower. I remember playing that game back in the mid-90s. I knew right then and there I never wanted to be a building manager.

Steamworld Heist and ABZU are good additions too. Another good Humble Monthly. Bravo. 

I'm not particularly interested in Total War Warhammer. Maybe I'll pause or just cancel my month to month plan since they don't reward subscription loyalty.

True. I've seen some games turn from negative to positive and only 1 review, but just looking at the trailer makes me think it's not gonna be good.

Pretty good humble sans Husk, which...yeah not sure...i'll try it.

5 wishlist game (Steampunk, Highrise, Ryse, X-Com 2, Abzu). Next headliner is highly regarded so that's a no brainer. Keep up the quality Humble!

Despite my busy schedule of watching FOX News for ideas on how to run the country I noticed that the Humble Store has all the XCom2 DLC on sale. I'm tempted to put my $5 wallet credit toward the Reinforcement pack for $8.99 after Humble Monthly subscriber discount. This DLC upgrades you to the Digital Deluxe version (without the soundtrack)

The DLCs are also on sale individually.

Oh yeah, kinda came out of character there for a minute.

Uhm .... tremendous, I know all the best deals ... bigly... etc

(Cross posted from Steam thread, I guess there may be Humble Monthly subscribers who wouldn't see it there)

Really enjoying SteamWorld Heist so far. Feels perfect for someone like me, who's typically not a huge fan of the strategy genre.

I ended up selling Warhammer for $7.50. The reviews are mixed due to all the paid DLC's. Besides by the time I get around to playing it, the complete version will be bundled in the $1 dollar tier.

Despite my busy schedule of watching FOX News for ideas on how to run the country I noticed that the Humble Store has all the XCom2 DLC on sale. I'm tempted to put my $5 wallet credit toward the Reinforcement pack for $8.99 after Humble Monthly subscriber discount. This DLC upgrades you to the Digital Deluxe version (without the soundtrack)

The DLCs are also on sale individually.
Tempted to pick it up myself, though I have no $5 credit for it... wish it was $5 instead of $9 though.
Also, the regular version has the soundtrack too even though they say the soundtrack comes with the deluxe version. Just check your game folder.

Id also vote the reinforcement pack is worth it. First for completion sake, but you do get a missions dlc and then 2 cosmetic dlcs. Normally who cares about the cosmetics, but in this instance because of the workshop they are used all over the place. The best workshop character packs all use the dlc cosmetics

I ended up selling Warhammer for $7.50. The reviews are mixed due to all the paid DLC's. Besides by the time I get around to playing it, the complete version will be bundled in the $1 dollar tier.
maybe the base game, not the complete version. Creative Assembly pretty much discontinue their "completionist" approach for all their games. They make more money with selling DLC separately.

The base game of Warhammer might be bundled 10 years from now (maybe).

maybe the base game, not the complete version. Creative Assembly pretty much discontinue their "completionist" approach for all their games. They make more money with selling DLC separately.

The base game of Warhammer might be bundled 10 years from now (maybe).
Ah ok I don't know the studio's approach to making complete games. However I am going to take the under on the 10 year mark you have......I mean they are bundling the game now with Humble. It isn't like they are opposed to it.

Ah ok I don't the studio's approach to making complete games. However I am going to take the under on the 10 year mark you have......I mean they are bundling the game now with Humble. It isn't like they are opposed to it.
It will get bundled again but as a single key top tier probably a year or so from now.

If I had thought I would play the game I would have kept it. Ended up selling it for $7.50 too. Getting the additions for $3.50 just made more sense to me.

My 1st HB Monthly here for Feb - and it looks like I own ZERO of this.

Bought it b/c of XCOM 2; and now I have also Ryse, Steamworld Heist, and the rest of the lot! 

10199407.gif

Damn...great bundle. Xcom 2 is worth 12 bucks on its own but I'll take Steamworld and Abzu with it. No interest in Ryse, but I guess that's not a bad throw in, either. 

bread's done
Back