Humble Bundle Thread

I know I have Undertale already...decent enough bundle. I haven't been into grand strategy games in a while. Last I played was Civilization 6....and I just can't get into those games anymore...still will remain subscribed of course.

Solid bundle (that I didn't buy, of course).

Stellaris seems good but I only buy Grand Strategy games with good intentions and never actually dedicate the time to playing them, much less the hundreds of hours to get skilled.

Edit: Turns out that I own Undertale so I mainly would have wanted it for The Turning Test and This is the Police. So I feel a little better about not getting on it.
I dont understand not subscribing unless the early unlock is a piece of crap.

At the very least you will keep a few games from the unlocks and 9/10 the early unlocks can be sold for close to the full value of the bundle, if not the full bundle.

i.e. I don't care for Stellaris for the reasons stated in another post. I sold it for $11. The June monthly costs me $1 OOP with more possible if there's something I don't want a month from now. Last month, I already owned Dirt Rally and Inside, sold them both for $9 total. I already owned Undertale and offloaded that for $2, so $1 for the rest of the unlocks. It took less than a half hour from the launch of the bundle to accomplish this.

I personally think its the best value going today. Month to month there are always titles worth trying and anything you don't want can be moved with ease. If you want the unlock, thats a game you really want at a great price typically. If you don't, their resale value regularly pays for the entire cost of the bundle or close to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree the games are usually very high quality.....easy to unload if not wanted. I wont likely miss another monthly unless circumstances. I don't buy very many humble bundles anymore.....so this is one of my monthly ones.

At the very least you will keep a few games from the unlocks and 9/10 the early unlocks can be sold for close to the full value of the bundle, if not the full bundle.

i.e. I don't care for Stellaris for the reasons stated in another post. I sold it for $11. The June monthly costs me $1 OOP with more possible if there's something I don't want a month from now. Last month, I already owned Dirt Rally and Inside, sold them both for $9 total. I already owned Undertale and offloaded that for $2, so $1 for the rest of the unlocks. It took less than a half hour from the launch of the bundle to accomplish this.

I personally think its the best value going today. Month to month there are always titles worth trying and anything you don't want can be moved with ease. If you want the unlock, thats a game you really want at a great price typically. If you don't, their resale value regularly pays for the entire cost of the bundle or close to.
Do you know how much time it's going to take Syntax to grind in Ice Lakes so he can unlock the biggest rod and hole combo and a shack? And you expect him to have time to sell games from the monthly? PRIORITIES!

Stellaris looks like I could enjoy it, but the disgusting amount of DLC prevents my entry. I'll end up getting the bundle at some point, but if the prices are good I'll likely end up selling it.
Wait, you think this is a huge quantity of DLC for a Paradox game?!

ILUpgS3.png

Well, it's a day late for this, but, uh. . . you have much to learn, young padawan.

Well, it's a day late for this, but, uh. . . you have much to learn, young padawan.
In fairness to me, I was mostly looking at the prices for a game's DLC I had minimal interest in rather than sheer amount. The fact it was Paradox didn't dawn on me and I dont really care since grand strategy isnt a preferred genre.

Because I don't care enough to be motivated to sell games and can easily rationalize not doing so by looking at my backlog of never-played stuff. Seriously, I would rather not own six games than to buy eight games and sell two of them.

That's my own laziness or hangup or whatever. Your way is objectively better since you have six games for zero dollars.

ILUpgS3.png

Of those, only Utopia is significant DLC, and that's more designed for people wanting additional end-game content. Plantoids, the Nova, and the Galaxy upgrades are simply some cosmetic options, of which there already are tons. Leviathans is the equivalent of side-missions.

If it makes you feel better know that Paradox isn't one to release stuff later as complete editions. (They may have done so in the past, but those days are over.) If you want the game in the future, it'll still have all of that DLC if not more and it will still all need to be bought separately.

I've waited years for a decently cheap way to fill in Crusader Kings II DLC and it seems like it just won't happen.
Unless someone bundles the game+dlc together in the future. (as Bundle Stars does at times.)

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

What a great Monthly! I picked up five wishlist games (Inside, Undertale, This is The Police, The Turing Test, and GoNNer). Even Super Rude Bear Resurrection looks like it might be worth trying out for some masochistic platforming.

I've really been impressed with the blind unlocks so far this year. The monthly headliner games have been less attractive to me since I'm not a big strategy/4X gamer (Total War: WARHAMMER and Stellaris). Inside and XCOM 2 were great though. These Humble Monthly bundles continue to have incredible value, I'm not sure I can see myself unsubscribing anytime soon.

Wait... people are buying Stellaris for $11? What? Are they living under a rock?
No, they are traders. I check Steamtrades and I have one I go to more often because he has paid good prices for a lot of monthlies. I'm not sure where they sell them or if they keep them until next month and sell them at higher prices on Kinguin or G2A, but they pay the price knowing it is $12 for the monthly.

I even had one who paid the full $12 for the monthly and just wanted Total Warhammer so I got it for free that month.

Wait... people are buying Stellaris for $11? What? Are they living under a rock?
There's at least 3 well known resellers on Steamtrades that are buying it for around $10-12 now (highest Ive seen is $11.50). And they do it because they can flip them for even more on the G2A type places and Ebay. I spoke to one of them who I deal with sometimes and he usually sits on stock for a month or two and then the prices are up to $15-20, and some games like Total Warhammer are even higher than double paid now. The ones under the rock are the ones buying it at those later prices. Its almost like a crude form of stock trading. Its a risk if the game in question is re-bundled quickly i.e. The Witness when it was in that big ass bundle and then the next month was the early unlock, but for some it pays off big time.

No, they are traders. I check Steamtrades and I have one I go to more often because he has paid good prices for a lot of monthlies. I'm not sure where they sell them or if they keep them until next month and sell them at higher prices on Kinguin or G2A, but they pay the price knowing it is $12 for the monthly.

I even had one who paid the full $12 for the monthly and just wanted Total Warhammer so I got it for free that month.
There's at least 3 well known resellers on Steamtrades that are buying it for around $10-12 now. And they do it because they can flip them for even more on places like G2A and Ebay. I spoke to one of them who I deal with sometimes and he usually sits on stock for a month or two and then the prices are up to $15-20, and some games like Total Warhammer are even higher than double now. The ones under the rock are the ones buying it at those later prices.
Okay, yeah that makes a lot more sense, thanks. SteamTrades does have a robust market of buyers/sellers, although sometimes there's a lot of garbage posts to wade through. So knowing where or who to look for definitely helps. I haven't used SteamTrades in a long time but it's good to know it's still a viable place.

Okay, yeah that makes a lot more sense, thanks. SteamTrades does have a robust market of buyers/sellers, although sometimes there's a lot of garbage posts to wade through. So knowing where or who to look for definitely helps. I haven't used SteamTrades in a long time but it's good to know it's still a viable place.
Yeah, I have a hard time dealing with Steamtrades. There's just so much crap to wade through and the search function seems to be worthless. I've been trying to find somebody willing to offer $10 or so for Stellaris for the past 20 minutes, and It's been nothing but frustrating.

EDIT: Thanks Fox

What I've learned from all this is that Fox and Bah are pretty much employees of G2A.  This explains why Bah keeps wanting to play "Guess Syntax's credit card number" each Bro-night.

Yeah, I have a hard time dealing with Steamtrades. There's just so much crap to wade through and the search function seems to be worthless. I've been trying to find somebody willing to offer $10 or so for Stellaris for the past 20 minutes, and It's been nothing but frustrating.

EDIT: Thanks Fox
Seriously? Go to steamtrades and type "Stellaris" in the have box at the top, and "Paypal" in the want box. I assume Fox suggested someone, but its not hard if you have an exact deal you want to make. The guy I dealt with is currently the first link (has like 2000+ feedbacks) using that search string and the offer is in the title of his post.

I agree that the site is beyond a mess because people regularly ignore the way things are formatted and browsing it just straight up sucks, but for things like this its usually the same group of people that are always buying.

Its viable but I honestly dont like using it much anymore unless I know exactly what Im trying to do. Going in just to browse has always been a chore since so many people don't list prices or have really stupid prices on some things, or they dont update their lists etc. But in the case of this as described in my prior post, its very easy and very useful for quick transactions.

Of those, only Utopia is significant DLC, and that's more designed for people wanting additional end-game content. Plantoids, the Nova, and the Galaxy upgrades are simply some cosmetic options, of which there already are tons. Leviathans is the equivalent of side-missions.
So it makes sense that that would be the one that's half the cost of the game at MSRP. But I'm sure they'll probably all end up on sale individually during the seasonal events.

Because I don't care enough to be motivated to sell games and can easily rationalize not doing so by looking at my backlog of never-played stuff. Seriously, I would rather not own six games than to buy eight games and sell two of them.

That's my own laziness or hangup or whatever. Your way is objectively better since you have six games for zero dollars.
Yeah, I'm with you on this. In my experience, it's been a bit of a pain to offload unwanted stuff, so I'm usually only buying monthlies when I'm interested in the headliner.

[A fox tale]
So if you're in Fox's sekrit club, in other words, you can sell stuff for crazy prices. . . .

Seriously? Go to steamtrades and type "Stellaris" in the have box at the top, and "Paypal" in the want box. I assume Fox suggested someone, but its not hard if you have an exact deal you want to make. The guy I dealt with is currently the first link (has like 2000+ feedbacks) using that search string and the offer is in the title of his post.

I agree that the site is beyond a mess because people regularly ignore the way things are formatted and browsing it just straight up sucks, but for things like this its usually the same group of people that are always buying.
Yeah, I was omitting the "I want" part. I just went and tried it like that and it narrowed it down significantly. Didn't realize you were supposed to do both. Thought it was one or the other. Thanks for the tip. That'll make future navigation much smother.

Fox did hook me up with a seller. I was able to sell my copy for $11 as well. Thanks to him, and thanks to you for initially allerting my to the high resale price on that game.

Hmm. I'd have bought that if they'd made Dirt and Undertale the headliners. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be bundled again at some point.

Holy shit. This is a great bundle. Wanted all of the unlocks but metrico, and I expected Undertale to be a headliner at some point.
I was expecting it to be a headliner too until it went for sale for $5. At that point they'd have to make it a 2 game headliner or something. Still, very nice bundle, one of the best in a while. Turing Test and Undertale are games I might actually play.

Fox did hook me up with a seller. I was able to sell my copy for $11 as well. Thanks to him, and thanks to you for initially allerting my to the high resale price on that game.
I mentioned the same seller to you a few days ago via steam message (when you were trying to sell Dirt Rally). Not sure if you got it though.

Stellaris seems good but I only buy Grand Strategy games with good intentions and never actually dedicate the time to playing them, much less the hundreds of hours to get skilled.
I'm real happy with the new bundle. It feels great to knock a few items of the wishlist.

I checked out the Stellaris page on Steam, and after I noticed all of the different "editions" and the pricey DLC, one other thing really stood out:

Publisher: Paradox Interactive

That's not what I want to see for a headline game, I'm not sure I can be bothered with selling it either, so I may be sitting this one out.

Tremendous, tremendous Monthly. You're all welcome.

I also traded off my Stellaris key for next month for $11. Tremendous deal. Bigly.

Thanks for the info guys.

Stellaris is Paradox's newest GSG. They did push out a big free update a couple weeks ago that made it a lot more playable, when it launched it was pretty bare bones. I'd say it's probably one of their easiest (but also the most different) GSG that Paradox has put out. 

I think one of the main draws for me is creating your own alien civilization. You get to design your alien race from the ground up, starting by choosing your species (humanoid, avian, reptilian, etc) as well as their traits and their planetary habitat, and then you get to choose the government form and your FTL method.

For example;

20170505155019_1.jpg

It's also kind of cool that any civilizations you create will show up in your other playthroughs. So I can be playing as my scientific, peace-loving Ymorz Mandate, and then I might happen across my evil military dictatorship Hivemind.

Oh, and it wouldn't be a true Paradox GSG if you couldn't do some borderline Hitler-esque shit, like enslaving or straight up "purging" alien species once you conquer their planets. So there's that.

That said, I only have 50 hours in it so far (nothing compared to my 997 hrs in EU4), but it's pretty fun so far. I'm excited for new DLC to come out because Paradox DLC usually adds things to the game, instead of just adding back in stuff that was cut before release. Paradox regularly does Dev Diaries for all their games where they talk about player feedback and what direction the game is heading in the future.

But I guess ya'll can keep complaining about Paradox having a million DLCs while buying character skins for Rocket League or Borderlands. I guess as +1 collectors, it doesn't matter whether the DLC adds anything or not, it just matters how cheap you can get the "complete GOTY edition". 

But I guess ya'll can keep complaining about Paradox having a million DLCs while buying character skins for Rocket League or Borderlands.
Shows what you know. I'm saving my money for the inevitable Ice Lakes cash shop. Tungsten drill and a million dough balls, hellz yeah.

Where did you do this at? Spending almost nothing to get next month's bundle makes me want to buy it, and people on CAG are buying and selling for $7.
There are 3 people on steamtrades buying them for $11-$11.20. 2 do paypal, one just does CSGO keys I think.

Stellaris DLC isn't that bad (at least yet), most of the good stuff in Utopia was in the free patch (and, as already said, the paid stuff is mostly end-game and for fairly specific type of players). Leviathans I haven't tried yet, but of what I've heard about it, it is neat but not much else. Plantoids is just avatars. 

Probably be at least a year or two til "must get," DLC comes out, if it stays true to the Paradox formula. 

It also looks like there is so much stuff in the workshop that you can basically always avoid cosmetic dlc and just wait for discounts on the big stuff. Looks like theres also two full fledged mods, one that does a star trek overhaul, and another that does star wars, with full audio and graphics changes etc (theres a third for dune and looks mostly complete but missing a few minor things)

bread's done
Back