Humble Bundle Thread

I'm down if everyone is buying the game.

I can't see myself buying a new mmo to play solo.
I think most of us who are buying the monthly will be selling the unlocks.

I don't see the point in bronighting an MMO. 99% of us who will join won't put the time into an MMO going forward and will have never played it before. It will basically be 2 hours of us creating a character, trying to find each other if the spawn points are different, telling Weiler to buy PUBG, me bitching that this sucks, and then we'd do one quest and it would be over and most of us would never play again. It's just not a good candidate.

If you're interested in getting a group together to play regularly via the bro group its a good idea and I think you could find some interest, but for a random 2-3 hour Tuesday or Wednesday night session an MMO's scope is far too broad for an enjoyable event, especially one that is a 90 GB DL.

You could also schedule it anyway, see what the turnout is like and those of us not interested or who dont have it can play something else. That would be a good way to see if you can get some people interested in playing it regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of us who are buying the monthly will be selling the unlocks.

I don't see the point in bronighting an MMO. 99% of us who will join won't put the time into an MMO going forward and will have never played it before. It will basically be 2 hours of us creating a character, trying to find each other if the spawn points are different, telling Weiler to buy PUBG, me bitching that this sucks, and then we'd do one quest and it would be over and most of us would never play again. It's just not a good candidate.

If you're interested in getting a group together to play regularly via the bro group its a good idea and I think you could find some interest, but for a random 2-3 hour Tuesday or Wednesday night session an MMO's scope is far too broad for an enjoyable event, especially one that is a 90 GB DL.

You could also schedule it anyway, see what the turnout is like and those of us not interested or who dont have it can play something else. That would be a good way to see if you can get some people interested in playing it regularly.
Yeah, I was gauging interest to see if a regular ESO night would be a possibility.

Probably not.

Honestly, out of everything listed as an early unlock for next month, the most tempting thing is...

DLeKQ7iWsAAysbv.jpg

Yeah, I was gauging interest to see if a regular ESO night would be a possibility.

Probably not.
I thought you were kidding when you followed mentioning trolling Syntax, whereas I took Keeper seriously.

There's at least 3 of you interested, Jimbo, Keeper, and you. Thats enough for a bronight.

I'm down if everyone is buying the game.
I can't see myself buying a new mmo to play solo.
FWIW ESO is essentially multiplayer skyrim now. I tried it during the beta and didn't like it, way too MMOy. I jumped back in after they did a major overhaul a while ago and have put solid time into it all solo. Still a lot of grindy fetch quests but at least some story surrounding them.

Probably not.
I thought you were kidding when you followed mentioning trolling Syntax, whereas I took Keeper seriously.

There's at least 3 of you interested, Jimbo, Keeper, and you. Thats enough for a bronight.
3 to 4 people in the average mmo party size anyway.

I'm down to buy it and play it this weekend if we're serious.

So...with these new Bethesda/Zenimax games in a HB Monthly, does that mean we finally might get a real HB Bethesda on a Weekly?

And great, just great - I got ESO: TU [Non-Steam] from Gamersgate and Ashot P not too long ago (in late July), when it was like $7 or so.

So...with these new Bethesda/Zenimax games in a HB Monthly, does that mean we finally might get a real HB Bethesda on a Weekly?

And great, just great - I got ESO: TU [Non-Steam] from Gamersgate and Ashot P not too long ago (in late July), when it was like $7 or so.
Would be quite swell, although most probably already own most if not all of the games in their catalog.

Yeah, any game that might show up in that bundle has already been in my steam library for at least 5 years now. Might be good for newcomers to PC gaming, but it wouldn't mean a lot to me. Or most of the rest of us, for that matter.

Yeah, any game that might show up in that bundle has already been in my steam library for at least 5 years now. Might be good for newcomers to PC gaming, but it wouldn't mean a lot to me. Or most of the rest of us, for that matter.
I'm hoping for Doom or Wolfenstein: The New Order since I've haven't played any of those yet.

I'm hoping for Doom or Wolfenstein: The New Order since I've haven't played any of those yet.
Both of those are awesome. If those appear in a HB Monthly or Weekly, don't pass them up.

EDIT:

Holy smokes @ 90GB. Is that with Morrowind expansion? Or with some other the other DLC's? Or with every DLC and expansion they put out so far?

I have ESO TU (Non-Steam) without any expansions here and it's almost eating up 57GB of space here.

I think last monthly was pretty solid...  At least wish list wise.  I cleared 3 or 4, if I remember correctly.

This months unlocks...  Look like shit.  Has anyone had any luck "giving" them away?  I must admit I haven't really looked myself...  yet.

Would be nice but I don't see those titles being bundled for another half year or so.
Or never. Bethesda doesnt do that shit. They dont have the need to. I don't think MMO-type games are in the same ballpark as their single player flagships. MMOs need players to continue to thrive.

I'd be surprised to ever see a major Fallout, Wolfenstein, or Doom title in one. Elder Scrolls MMO, sure. Skyrim proper? Not so much. I don't think the monthly would have any of them at this point either since they're older games. Maybe they'd do a regular weekly, but I think most would be disappointed, espc those of us here.

I could see the Wolfenstein games being bundled with the sequel coming out.  Also with the awful Creation Whatever/paid mods it's remotely possible they put FO4 and Skyrim in a bundle.  More likely Skyrim because with a 2011 game they've probably hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of who they can milk additional sales from at this point.

I could see the Wolfenstein games being bundled with the sequel coming out. Also with the awful Creation Whatever/paid mods it's remotely possible they put FO4 and Skyrim in a bundle. More likely Skyrim because with a 2011 game they've probably hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of who they can milk additional sales from at this point.
I could see them bundling either the old Skyrim base-game, but not old Skyrim Legendary and definitely not the newer Special Edition.

Bethesda reminds me of Activision, bundling some shit in a monthly that doesn't resemble a full product (Black Ops 3 starter pack or whatever it was called), and then bundling a bunch of old Sierra titles but none of their bigger titles.

Bethesda has started with the same, bundling shit that no one wants (Quake Championship, which is basically a f2p game that you get early access too), along with a MMO that doesn't even include the expansion. I have my doubts that they'll bundle any AAA titles, or anything great in general.

EDIT:
Holy smokes @ 90GB. Is that with Morrowind expansion? Or with some other the other DLC's? Or with every DLC and expansion they put out so far?

I have ESO TU (Non-Steam) without any expansions here and it's almost eating up 57GB of space here.
I doubt it. Seeing these unlocks prompted me to try to reload ESO and give it another go. After an overnight update of what looked to be around 40Gb, I hit the play button on the launcher. And waited. And waited. And waited. After gazing at a black screen under which orchestral music was playing for a while, I tapped some buttons and was treated to silence followed by the appearance of a new loading screen with an image and a rotating ouroboros picture. And waited. And waited. And waited. And finally, said, f*ck it, I could have watched the director's cut of Ben-Hur in the time this is taking.

So that's how I decided to skip next month's Humble.

I've been eyeing Endless Legend for a while now.  Hard to go wrong with the BTA right now, but I also don't own either Borderlands yet.

Anyways, I still have a Stardock tab open with a BTA of $4.98 if anyone wants it.  I'll probably close it later today.

Terrible pun bundle:

$1:

Borderlands GOTY

Van Helsing Final Cut

Wurm Unlimited

BTA:

Endless Legend Classic

Borderlands 2 + DLCs(?) [DLCs are Psycho and Mechromancer Character Packs, and Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 1 and 2--so a fraction of the available DLC]

Guild of Dungeoneering

$10:

Borderlands- The Pre-Sequel

Seems like an okay BTA if you don't have Endless Legend and Guild of Dungeonerring. BTA fluctuating arounf $4.70. I can't see the $10 tier being worthwhile at this BTA level; I just don't see that Borderlands not-3 game being worth $6. 

TPS is not very good. Plus no add on content included. Save your money there.

Based on the last time I went back and played these games, I don't think any of the Borderlands games have aged well.

Hmm, are Endless Legend and Guild of Dugeoneering worth $4.38?  Having a gift copy of borderlands 2 isn't bad either, love that game.  Definitely wouldn't splurge the extra $5 and change for pre-sequel, its good but not as good as what you can find in borderland 2.

Borderlands 2 + DLCs(?) [DLCs are Psycho and Mechromancer Character Packs, and Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 1 and 2--so a fraction of the available DLC]
No story DLC included for BL2 and you can't "Complete Your Collection" on Steam to pick it up for cheap. Buying them separately would end up costing more than the GOTY itself.

I'll probably get the 4 and change tier for Endless Legend.  Would put more consideration into the $10 tier if it came with the Endless Legend DLC.  Guild of Dungeoneering is pretty mediocre.

Bit at $4.50.  It had Borderlands 1 DLC I was missing, BL2 super level upgrade if I ever want to go back to that, and Endless Legend.  Might give GoD another try to... overall a decent value for under $5.

If anyone is wondering the BL2 keys are separate: 1 for the base game, 1 for the Psycho character, 1 for the Mechromancer, and 1 for each level upgrade.

Yeah, this bundle seems like a big ol' DLC trap. Pass for now.

I'll buy the version of this bundle next year that includes more of the DLC.

So glad I bought Wurm Unlimited from BundleStars a month ago for $9....WURM never goes below $8 right....RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?

A BundleStars Star Deal....Where I'm a star in the one-man moran play......

SAD!!!!!!

On second thought, I'm gonna dollar in just to make RCSample feel bad.

I don't even want Wurm really. But damn it, I'm gonna get it for a buck.

What exactly is Van Helsing: Final Cut? Is it a separate entity from the first and second game? I ask as I have the first game and enjoyed it quite a bit but don't really care if this is some sort of repackaging of that. The description on the store page does not help at all, just makes it sound like some DLC that got spun off into a full game.

I am confused.

No story DLC included for BL2 and you can't "Complete Your Collection" on Steam to pick it up for cheap. Buying them separately would end up costing more than the GOTY itself.
Can you play the Story DLC multiplayer if playing with someone who owns it?

If I redeemed BL2 it would be on my wife's account for MP purposes.

What exactly is Van Helsing: Final Cut? Is it a separate entity from the first and second game? I ask as I have the first game and enjoyed it quite a bit but don't really care if this is some sort of repackaging of that. The description on the store page does not help at all, just makes it sound like some DLC that got spun off into a full game.

I am confused.
Its literally everything. All 3 of the games (1, 2, 3) and all of the DLC in one game.

Budapest-based developer NeocoreGames has outdone itself. The amount of content in The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut is staggering, to say the least. Final Cut combines the entire Van Helsing trilogy, plus all of the downloadable content, into one giant package. The Final Cut also revises the entire experience to make the content more compelling. The three campaigns now flow flawlessly into one another. Fans of action role-playing games such as Diablo will be right at home with Van Helsing. It contains the genre's primary elements, with endless monsters to slay, loot to collect, and quests to complete. If the campaign isn't enough for players, the developers added an endgame that provides an endless amount of quests and daily challenges. When all put together, Final Cut ensures a near-continuous supply of content.

Can you play the Story DLC multiplayer if playing with someone who owns it?

If I redeemed BL2 it would be on my wife's account for MP purposes.
I'm thinking the answer is 'no' but I'm not 100% sure. I'm close to 99.99432812099% sure, though.

bread's done
Back