Humble Bundle Thread

There's a weird new software bundle, in case anyone's keeping count. It features Vegas Pro for $20, which is a good price if you want/need a professional video editing package. It's not something I have much use for personally, but . . . if you like goofing around with Music Maker things ("digital audio workstations"), the $1 tier might be okay. The BTA is within $1 of the third tier price at this point, so it's pointless.
It launched last week. I obviously posted about it in the Groupees thread.

Is it just me or does the bundle schedule seem very random since our new IGN overlords took charge? There are two book bundles that are expiring in 12 and 7 days, respectively, and one that ends tomorrow. There's a software bundle that's running for two weeks. There's a "game" bundle that's running for, what, 3 weeks? There's that Yogscast DLC bundle for a month, and now, for some reason, they've put the monthlies on the same countdown page with the "normal" bundles. Has the world gone mad?!

Is it just me or does the bundle schedule seem very random since our new IGN overlords took charge? There are two book bundles that are expiring in 12 and 7 days, respectively, and one that ends tomorrow. There's a software bundle that's running for two weeks. There's a "game" bundle that's running for, what, 3 weeks? There's that Yogscast DLC bundle for a month, and now, for some reason, they've put the monthlies on the same countdown page with the "normal" bundles. Has the world gone mad?!
Some book bundles started with a non-Wednesday launch some months ago.

Yeah, that Mangagamer bundle launched really late last week (not the usual 11am PT/2pm ET time).  In about 10 hours there will be exactly 7 days left on the bundle so I wonder if that's when they might launch a new game bundle?

I doubt they'll launch a new bundle this week. The Steam sale starts on Thursday.
I agree. I also doubt we will see a bundle next Tuesday as well. Perhaps Humble will resume weekly on Jan. 2, but generally they will avoid while Steam has a sale. However, I would not be surprised when Humble and Amazon run specials/sale during the Steam Winter sale basically matching prices.

For the past 2-3 years they actually have started bundles on the Tuesday immediately prior to a Steam sale, but it's always been repeat bundles, non-PC game bundles, or software bundles. Basically nothing all that interesting to 95% of us. So whether they started a bundle today or not, it would've been a disappointment either way.

It was originally Humble's way of perpetuating sales by storing a small portion of your money spent in your wallet, which you then had to spend on the store. Who knows if Humble or IGN later changed the rules on that to sell your personal information to advertisers. Seems likely for any big company, but I don't see any disclaimers either.

5% is pretty trivial, if you ask me. You can usually find higher percentage discount codes, plus Humble does a lot of coupons and now referrals.

I think everyone has Bioshock Infinite at this point. Aragami looks good. I had Beholder at some point from a bundle or giveaway or something, but I remember it got revoked so I no longer have it. 

I guess I'll dollar in for LiEat and Tempest.

I played Tempest for an hour or 2 recently. It kind of sucks honestly. It's no Sid Meier's Pirates for sure. I may wait for the BTA to crash...but will $1 in for Lileat at least.

I think everyone has Bioshock Infinite at this point. Aragami looks good. I had Beholder at some point from a bundle or giveaway or something, but I remember it got revoked so I no longer have it.

I guess I'll dollar in for LiEat and Tempest.
Just a reminder that LiEat is also free on the translator's own site: http://vgperson.com/games/lieat.htm (no differences except that all 3 games are bundled into one package on Steam)

I want Aragami but not $5 worth. Was hoping it would find its way into a monthly bleh.
Same here. It looks cool, but not "Pay $5 for the BTA and try to offload all the other games" cool. For that price I'd rather pay for a month of Origin Access so I can play that, Furi and Unravel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. It looks cool, but not "Pay $5 for the BTA and try to offload all the other games" cool. For that price I'd rather pay for a month of Origin Access so I can play that, Furi and Unravel.
I considered buying the BTA then unloading the rest. It looks like everyone else had the same idea and the other games aren't moving easily.

I don't have Bioshock Infinite (though I've played it)...so I'm interested in a low BTA.  Would be an easy buy if they included the DLC, which I haven't played.  Will probably pass on this one unless I talk myself into dollaring in for LiEat.

Have they stopped doing future unlocks altogether (in non-monthlies) or is it just random?
Humble to staff: Make a list of your favorite 5 games.

staff: here ya go

Humble to staff: Can't get those, make that 10 games

staff: hmm ok here ya go

Humble to staff: Ok, can't get those either. Please list all games you have ever played.

Janitor: Me too?

Humble: Yes, you too.

Humble: well we can only bundle 7 of these, it will be fine. Everything is fine.

if i was running a company and the staff claimed these were their picks, i would fire everyone for incompetence

Anyone having issue buying this month's Humble Monthly? I have a prepaid CC associated with my Paypal and when I selected a 1 month gift (so there will be non-recurring payments) and Paypal as my payment method, it ask me fill out my credit card info again but wouldn't let me proceed to complete the payment.

Was able to buy Humble Monthly before using Paypal so maybe Humble changed something since IGN acquired them.

Until they get this fixed, guess no Humble Monthlies for me. 

if i was running a company and the staff claimed these were their picks, i would fire everyone for incompetence
Yeah.... and may explain why we have had such bizarre bundles lately. I get everyone has their own tastes in games but really? This is like the times you go to the book store and the staff picks have such off the wall stuff that you honestly wonder if they are just trying to move junk or someone thinks they are oh too smart for you.

Anyone having issue buying this month's Humble Monthly? I have a prepaid CC associated with my Paypal and when I selected a 1 month gift (so there will be non-recurring payments) and Paypal as my payment method, it ask me fill out my credit card info again but wouldn't let me proceed to complete the payment.

Was able to buy Humble Monthly before using Paypal so maybe Humble changed something since IGN acquired them.

Until they get this fixed, guess no Humble Monthlies for me.
You can't use prepaid cards with monthlies. Prepaid cards are usually set up so they can't work for anything that requires a monthly subscription. If you use a bank account or regular credit/debit card (connected to paypal) it should work.

1 month gifts technically aren't a subscription, but Humble payment system is probably set up to count it as one.

You can't use prepaid cards with monthlies. Prepaid cards are usually set up so they can't work for anything that requires a monthly subscription. If you use a bank account or regular credit/debit card (connected to paypal) it should work.

1 month gifts technically aren't a subscription, but Humble payment system is probably set up to count it as one.
Having a Paypal Account With a prepaid Card attached to it should still work as a workaround. It works for other sites (Gold, Spotify, Google Play Music) Although I can't speak for Humble Monthly as I haven't tried.

This is like the times you go to the book store and the staff picks have such off the wall stuff that you honestly wonder if they are just trying to move junk or someone thinks they are oh too smart for you.
I almost had the opposite impression. I'm used to the days of walking into a video store and the "staff picks" were always some 20 year old film studies major slapping Scarface, The Big Lebowski and Pulp Fiction up on the wall. Predictable, but at least you knew why it was predictable. These games are seemingly chosen at random or out of a strange pool of choices. I guess Bioshock Infinite fits the "picked by a film studies major" theme which just makes it stand out more from the other titles.

I feel like Humble had already paid for the keys but the deal was about to expire so they tossed the shit together and kicked it out the door...  "Any sales is better than no sales" at its finest if you ask me. 

Yeah.... and may explain why we have had such bizarre bundles lately. I get everyone has their own tastes in games but really? This is like the times you go to the book store and the staff picks have such off the wall stuff that you honestly wonder if they are just trying to move junk or someone thinks they are oh too smart for you.
Speaking of books, the book bundles have been pretty weird lately too. I think they did a fair number of those MAKE bundles under the old management, but WTF is up with the self-help bundle?! Is there some part of a Venn diagram where computer geeks, S-F and fantasy nerds, and people who are obsessed with weird supplements, fad diets, and pop psychology intersect?

I appreciate the programming books, especially this Python and the previous Java ones, since they're less fluffy than some of those ones with the little robot on them.

I already had the body exercises book in this bundle, so it's an easy pass. This is a rebundle type bundle.

Edit: That running marathon book is new. I'm not a marathon runner...just a jogger, but eh I'll probably get a $1 worth out of that and likely the Yoga book even with some repeats.

Speaking of books, the book bundles have been pretty weird lately too. I think they did a fair number of those MAKE bundles under the old management, but WTF is up with the self-help bundle?! Is there some part of a Venn diagram where computer geeks, S-F and fantasy nerds, and people who are obsessed with weird supplements, fad diets, and pop psychology intersect?
Question asked.

I appreciate the programming books, especially this Python and the previous Java ones, since they're less fluffy than some of those ones with the little robot on them.

I already had the body exercises book in this bundle, so it's an easy pass. This is a rebundle type bundle.

Edit: That running marathon book is new. I'm not a marathon runner...just a jogger, but eh I'll probably get a $1 worth out of that and likely the Yoga book even with some repeats.
And answered.

What sort of hentai VN forces you to exercise irl? ;)

bread's done
Back