Humble Bundle Thread

Stop whining... Books are games with 100% less of that crap that makes games, games AMIRITE?!?!?
My favorite part in Relic is when Agent Penderghast stops investigating the strange murders for 4 hours and goes off to find the remaining 43 hidden coins scattered around he museum.

I feel like there’s a quality gameplay mechanic in there somewhere.

must have been really hard for you.
giphy.gif

Humble Jackbox Party Bundle

PWYW:

Quiplash

Fibbage XL

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 1 XL

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 2

BTA:

The Jackbox Party Pack

The Jackbox Party Pack 2

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 3

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 4 The Ride

$12:

The Jackbox Party Pack 3

Drawful 2

$2 Humble Store Credit for Monthly Subscribers

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Jackbox Party Bundle

$1+ TIER

Quiplash

Fibbage XL

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 1 XL

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 2

BTA TIER

The Jackbox Party Pack

The Jackbox Party Pack 2

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 3

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Vol. 4 The Ride

$12+ TIER

The Jackbox Party Pack 3

Drawful 2

$2 Humble Credit for Monthly Subscribers

Seems like a good deal. I have Jackbox 1 and 3 on ps4, but I might go ahead and get tier 2 to have stuff on steam too.

Or maybe I'll just talk friends into buying it.

Terrible.  Cheapest way to get the YDKJ games is through the bundle on Steam, and buying four of them piecemeal does nothing.  Fibbage XL and Quiplash in the $1 tier are in Party Pack 1 and 2 in the BTA tier.

This is pretty typical for Jackbox looking at the history of their games in sales and bundles.

This looked pretty good until I noticed all the missing stuff (YDKJ games/party pack 4.)

It is still the cheapest way (by a fair bit) to get the first 2 Jackbox packs, but the way this bundle is structured feels somewhat deceptive.

Terrible. Cheapest way to get the YDKJ games is through the bundle on Steam, and buying four of them piecemeal does nothing. Fibbage XL and Quiplash in the $1 tier are in Party Pack 1 and 2 in the BTA tier.

This is pretty typical for Jackbox looking at the history of their games in sales and bundles.
I could be wrong, but think the standalone versions of Fibbage and Quiplash have different content than the versions in the jackboxes.

I could be wrong, but think the standalone versions of Fibbage and Quiplash have different content than the versions in the jackboxes.
The description on the Steam store says Fibbage XL is merely a standalone version of what's in the pack.

(That may mean that there are in fact differences, as Jackbox as a publisher seems to go out of its way to obfuscate exactly what you are getting when buying its titles.)

Another uneventful bundle...Seems like better titles have shifted over from BTA tiers to Monthlies, whereas there used to be more bundles where stuff worthy of a monthly bundle showed up in a BTA or even dollar tier.

And as an aside, trying to get a good trade on my copy of Staxel on Barter has been a pain. The increasing presence of bundle hoarders and some traders having highly lopsided value judgements has made things difficult. Steamtrades is no better though.

bought the Jack bundle.  Great party-focused game!  Overcooked was the hit when companies came over last time.. but the crowd grew restless with only 1 party game.

Another uneventful bundle...Seems like better titles have shifted over from BTA tiers to Monthlies, whereas there used to be more bundles where stuff worthy of a monthly bundle showed up in a BTA or even dollar tier.

And as an aside, trying to get a good trade on my copy of Staxel on Barter has been a pain. The increasing presence of bundle hoarders and some traders having highly lopsided value judgements has made things difficult. Steamtrades is no better though.
Something about the monthly still bothers me. The idea of a more expensive big budget bundle once a month is a good idea, in theory, but it being a blind buy with the chance of disappointing payoffs really irks me. If I wanted to gamble my money away on games, I'd buy lootboxes.

Really want the Jack bundle, but wish I could get it as game codes for the Switch. I've brought that to gatherings/parties, whereas I wouldn't be able to do that with Steam.

Really want the Jack bundle, but wish I could get it as game codes for the Switch. I've brought that to gatherings/parties, whereas I wouldn't be able to do that with Steam.
Well, you could go portable w/ Steam....but you'd have to spend some $ to do so.

Get a small W10 Tablet, install Steam onto it, and install the YDKJ games.

Just make sure you meet the requirements, which ain't much.

A few years back, Microsoft Store had a W10 NuVision TM800W610L 8'' touch-screen Tablet for $60-something. Shot in the dark b/c it was so cheap, bought it anyways; figured I'd use in once and a while. I get way more usage than that. I always take that with me almost everywhere I go, pretty much.

I also have bought separately a keyboard case, USB hub, some little adapters, and whatnot so I can use this like a normal Windows PC if I want. I can always take it apart and use it just as a touchscreen tablet too.

Great little nifty device for playing very old games, very low-required games, and using the Internet on-the-go.

Something about the monthly still bothers me. The idea of a more expensive big budget bundle once a month is a good idea, in theory, but it being a blind buy with the chance of disappointing payoffs really irks me. If I wanted to gamble my money away on games, I'd buy lootboxes.
I've always gotten my moneys worth (except 1 or 2 bundles). It's a good opportunity for me to play games I usually would not try (especially indie ones).

*casually covers Groupees up with a blanket*

Humble Spooky Horror Bundle 2018

$1:

White Noise 2

Layers of Fear

How to Survive

How to Survive 2

BTA:

Detention

BioShock Remastered

Yomawari: Night Alone

$15:

Friday the 13th: The Game

Dead By Daylight

$2 Humble Wallet Credit for Subscribers

I'll probably BTA this one, as Detention and Yomawari are on the wishlist.

$15 tier is awful. BTA tier is decent, but it'll be too expensive. $1 tier is good if you missed out on those games the dozens of other times they were bundled.

$15 tier is awful. BTA tier is decent, but it'll be too expensive. $1 tier is good if you missed out on those games the dozens of other times they were bundled.
White Noise 2 hasn't been bundled. How To Survive 2 was only in a BTA tier of a weak bundle.

Debating throwing a buck down for How to Survive 2. Want detention but don't 6.50 want it. If you don't own Bioshock obviously the bta tier is worth it, but who doesn't have that at this point

Paired with multiple-bundled Dead By Daylight in a $15 tier? Does it really matter if it's good? It looks like an easy pass to me.
Well, yeah, it matters if I think it's worth coughing up the extra $9 over BTA. Based on what I read, though, it isn't. Problem solved.

I was too busy actually playing a game for once in my life to check HB when this dropped, so anybody who didn't already have Detention or Yomawari can thank me because I actually wanted those and now the BTA is nearly $7.

fuck

I was too busy actually playing a game for once in my life to check HB when this dropped, so anybody who didn't already have Detention or Yomawari can thank me because I actually wanted those and now the BTA is nearly $7.

fuck
It was ~$6.70 within 10 minutes of launch. I'm not sure if it went down after that as I didn't bother to check.

Humble Digital Tabletop Bundle

$1:

Ticket to Ride - Complete Edition

Ticket to Ride (Android)

Sentinels of the Multiverse

Mysterium: A Psychic Clue Game

Mysterium: A Psychic Clue Game (Android)

BTA:

Pathfinder Adventures

Carcassone - Tiles & Tactics

Sentinels of the Multiverse - Shattered Timelines

Talisman: Digital Edition

Talisman - The Highland Expansion

Talisman - The Dungeon Expansion

Talisman with The Reaper and The Frostmarch DLC (Android)

$10:

Armello

$2 Humble Credit for Monthly Subscribers

Fantastic $1 tier.  Not sure the BTA is worth it.

If anyone grabs it and doesn't want Ticket to Ride Complete I could use an extra (or two extras, really.)

bread's done
Back