Humble Bundle Thread

I for one am very excited to see this Paradox bundle.

It has 2019 in the title, so it means we won't have to see another one for a whole year.  That's way better than average!

yup_i_think_ill_pass_on_this_one_41.gif

Alternatively, you can buy the single game Age of Wonders III on Chrono for $5.81 today which is, when I checked the bundle on Humble earlier today, more than the price of the mid-tier it's in.

I have copies of Bleed 2, Full Metal Furies, Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder, Sniper Elite 3 and Super Daryl Deluxe if anyone wants to PayPal me a couple bucks for any of them.

Also not game related but also Corel Photo Brush - Aftershot, Panda Antivirus Pro, Soda PDF Home, SOUND FORGE 10...
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigin-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-358

Might be easier to sell your extra copies here

Poop in Rcsample’s butt.
That's the name of my new coming-soon to Steam game.

I first have to run my Kicksharter and generate a few million to support my poop developers and poop graphic artists. Then a few years in early access, then I get pissed at all you degenerates and revoke your keys!

That's the name of my new coming-soon to Steam game.

I first have to run my Kicksharter and generate a few million to support my poop developers and poop graphic artists. Then a few years in early access, then I get pissed at all you degenerates and revoke your keys!
Wait. I thought it was going to the Epic Game Store as a 1 year exclusive?

Yep.
We have the most fun meta-game this year (so far), activating all 18 or so DLC's each too.
I'm not normally one to complain about this sort of thing, but for f*ck's sake, really?!?! This is one of those instances in which it would actually pay for a season pass to exist.

Of course, this would bother me more if I really had an interest in the base game.

Overloading the high tier with games is a new way to inflate the average.

Humble Great GameMaker Games Bundle

PWYW:

Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Blackhole

BTA:

Kingsway

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!

kuso

Solstice

$12+:

Alone With You

Rivals of Aether

Way of the Passive Fist

Crashlands

Soft Body

12 is Better Than 6

Don't Sink
Not so much overloading as replacing two or three really good games with a larger number of lower-tier-worthy games.

Cook, Serve, Delicious (and it's sequel) are actually really fun. The basic premise is the classic "restaurant" game where customers come in with specific orders, and you are require to cook the order with the specific combination they want (a plain hamburger vs a double double cheeseburger with extra pickles). What's cool is there is kind of an RPG element, where you own a restaurant, pick a number of items for your menu each night, with different modifiers that affect the number of customers and how much they pay. The RPG elements are played up more in the sequel, and you can really customize the look of your restaurant (seating, tables, decor, etc). 

Crashlands is basically Don't Starve, but way more humor-oriented, and self-referential (breaking the 4th wall type of stuff). I don't have a ton of hours in it but if liked Don't Starve, you'll definitely like this. 

12 is better than 6 is another game which I don't have much playime in, but it's basically Hotline Miami, but in the Wild West. It's interesting because now you're using revolvers and shotguns, so you really have to consider how many shots you have left (Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself...). 

Having said all that, and not having played the other games, the $12 tier seems kind of a hard sell.. I'd imagine it be tempting to console players who recently switched to PC, and are accustomed to inflated console prices. Recently got a PS4 and the pricing structure of games on there have fucked up my sense of pricing and what would be considered a "good deal". 

Crashlands is basically Don't Starve, but way more humor-oriented, and self-referential (breaking the 4th wall type of stuff). I don't have a ton of hours in it but if liked Don't Starve, you'll definitely like this.
If Crashlands had been in a lower tier I would have been tempted.

Crashlands is a Don't Starve that doesn't piss you off. I've played a lot of it on mobile. I don't really get why people like Don't Starve, but they're probably the same people who enjoy stuff like Dark Souls.

So is Google Authenticator the only form of 2FA that Humble offers? I have to download an app to my phone, or any way to just link a phone number and get texts? 

So is Google Authenticator the only form of 2FA that Humble offers? I have to download an app to my phone, or any way to just link a phone number and get texts?
Getting texts isn't quite as secure as an app tied to a physical item. Getting texts is a form of "what you know" while the app and device is "what you have."

Trust me, you don't want the stupid "check your email for a link that brings you to a page to enter your phone number so you can get a code that doesn't send out right away and expires within 5 minutes and you can only receive 3 texted codes per day" verification they had before.

I just grabbed the $15 tier of the Spawn Humble Comics Bundle.  Paper comics are so damned expensive these days that it seemed like a good deal.  It's over 100 issues of the series, and I'm looking forward to the issues with Greg Capullo on the pencils.  I was always a fan of his work on Quasar and X-Force.

In comparison, the Start Here Comics Bundle reminds me of a chick who gives you a quick flash of underboob and then covers up quickly.

I just grabbed the $15 tier of the Spawn Humble Comics Bundle. Paper comics are so damned expensive these days that it seemed like a good deal. It's over 100 issues of the series, and I'm looking forward to the issues with Greg Capullo on the pencils. I was always a fan of his work on Quasar and X-Force.

In comparison, the Start Here Comics Bundle reminds me of a chick who gives you a quick flash of underboob and then covers up quickly.
"Spawn got people to read comics. And then encouraged them to read better comics than Spawn."

I'm passing on this as it's really only half the issues, and it's a lot easier to just continue to ignore the book if you don't already own half the run. This basically ends at Spawn 122, leaving you at least 181 issues shy of what the run will be at a minimum.

Right now Todd McFarlane is just chomping at the bit to get to 301 so as to present a giant middle finger to Dave Sim when Spawn passes Cerebus to become the longest running American indie comic.

Related to that, this collection doesn't include Spawn issue 10, which was written by Dave Sim.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Spawn got people to read comics. And then encouraged them to read better comics than Spawn."

I'm passing on this as it's really only half the issues, and it's a lot easier to just continue to ignore the book if you don't already own half the run. This basically ends at Spawn 122, leaving you at least 181 issues shy of what the run will be at a minimum.

Right now Todd McFarlane is just chomping at the bit to get to 301 so as to present a giant middle finger to Dave Sim when Spawn passes Cerebus to become the longest running American indie comic.

Related to that, this collection doesn't include Spawn issue 10, which was written by Dave Sim.
Yeah, I saw something on Reddit about how issue 10 is missing. Is it required reading or something? I'm not that big of a Spawn fan, so 122 issues is probably enough for me. Other than playing Capcom's Spawn game on the Dreamcast and watching the HBO series, I don't know much about the character, so I figured that buying the whole bundle will give me enough stories to get my feet wet. That said, I haven't spent much time reading the other comics that I've gotten from other bundles, so I have a lot to get caught up on before I start reading these.

It would be great if there was a DC or Marvel Humble Comics Bundle, but hell will freeze over before they do that.

bread's done
Back