Humble Bundle Thread

I'm really enjoying Tangledeep. Best thing that I've bought on Humble in a while. Very simple gameplay, but there is a lot of depth. A real palate cleanser between my usual games of Spelunky and Gonner. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have bought the BTA tier, but the keys are already claimed so what can you do.

The first non-monthly I have bought in a while. Sub $4 for BTA Tooth and Tail was good enough for me since I was going to buy the $1 tier anyway. Top tier is shit but I am glad it is shit otherwise the BTA would be higher. The fact that I don't even bother to check Humble on bundle release days is really a testament to how bad they have gotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Strategy 2019 Bundle with 4 tiers($1, BtA, $9, $15)! May as well do away with the BtA tier and just do a plain tier system.

$1

Niche

Escalation

Throne of Lies

BtA

Dungeons 3

Offworld Trading Company + Jupiter's Forge

$9

Stellaris

Plague Inc: Evolved

$15

Civ 6 (Edited: I put 4 cause Im an idiot can't read Roman numerals)

New Strategy 2019 Bundle with 4 tiers($1, BtA, $9, $15)! May as well do away with the BtA tier and just do a plain tier.

$1

Niche

Escalation

Throne of Lies

BtA

Dungeons 3

Offworld Trading Company + Jupiter's Forge

$9

Stellaris

Plague Inc: Evolved

$15

Civ 4
Of these, OTC and Stellaris are vaguely interesting for me. Plague Inc I have on Android, and while it's fun, holy crow it's kind of a depressing game :D

Civilization VI is somewhat tempting, but the DLC seems too important to the experience. The one Monthly repeat I would like to see in a bundle again is Stardew Valley, as it was only in those mass bundle collections a couple of times, rather than a normal bundle. Either way, will probably get it for Android at some point, as it's set for release there. (Or maybe it will be a future Epic Games Store freebie :)

Well... Civ 6 was already in a Humble Monthly so now it's offered here for $3 more but I guess the 'added value' is that you know what unlocks you are getting right away?  It's an okay bundle, but nothing great.  All of it is highly likely to be bundled again... and again.

Civilization VI is somewhat tempting, but the DLC seems too important to the experience. The one Monthly repeat I would like to see in a bundle again is Stardew Valley, as it was only in those mass bundle collections a couple of times, rather than a normal bundle. Either way, will probably get it for Android at some point, as it's set for release there. (Or maybe it will be a future Epic Games Store freebie :)
Stardew Valley comes out on the Google Play Store this Thursday. List price is $7.99, and I'm hoping for an introductory discount.

Also, I'm wondering if I should just go for the $9 tier on the Humble Strategy Bundle or not. I've never played a real Civ game, and I'm thinking that it's not worth the extra $6.

Well... Civ 6 was already in a Humble Monthly so now it's offered here for $3 more but I guess the 'added value' is that you know what unlocks you are getting right away? It's an okay bundle, but nothing great. All of it is highly likely to be bundled again... and again.
The added value is that it’s in its own tier at the top without any of the DLC so you can ignore it.

Humble Curve Digital Bundle

$1:

Serial Cleaner

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones

The Little Acre

BTA:

Human: Fall Flat

Smoke and Sacrifice

Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure

$15 (lol):

For the King

Bomber Crew

I'll just wait to get the games I don't have until they're in a cheaper Fanatical Bundle.

Only really want For the King... and not for $15.
I went for the BTA at $6.08 when I got home from work this afternoon. I looked at For the King, and in all honesty, I couldn't figure out what it was enough for me to want to buy the top tier. It billed itself as a roguelike and a board game all in one. But, aren't all board games more or less roguelike by the nature of each replay turning out differently than the last? Anyway, everything that I bought is low-end enough to run on my PC with no problems. And in the end, that's all that I care about.

Had Little Acre on my wish list for awhile so glad it made the bottom tier and I'm happy with that for $1.  Here is the rest of games for anyone interested

0PEC4-FVG52-A3A8N
0R7EF-M0ZTH-3DR0Q

Bundled in a high tier, plus I believe that bundle was repeat-a-palooza. I skipped that bundle but bought Minit during the Steam Winter sale doh!!!!

Though this bundle does not appeal to everyone's tastes, it is definitely shaping to be a strong one in terms of quality.

My tastes are the objective barometer so it is decidedly 'meh.'  Would probably sell off both Mutant Year Zero and this Minit poop.

So Bandai Namco sale again.

What are the best weeb games to blow my remaining Humble Wallet on? I have $15 and am looking at the following:

• LITTLE WITCH ACADEMIA: CHAMBER OF TIME

• ACCEL WORLD VS. SWORD ART ONLINE DELUXE EDITION

• .HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE

Not interested in Naruto or DBZ or One Piece fighting games.

Beat Mutant Year Zero last week and Minit today. 2 games beaten before the reveal; best humble monthly ever? I did only find 49% of items in Minit and it has a second and 3rd run that changes some things, so I should probably give the second run a shot.

So Bandai Namco sale again.

What are the best weeb games to blow my remaining Humble Wallet on? I have $15 and am looking at the following:

Not interested in Naruto or DBZ or One Piece fighting games.</p>
.hack is pretty fun and you are getting the trilogy in one package. That gets my vote.

Also, I heard Little Witch Academia isn't that great and it mostly just for fans of the anime. I never played it, so take that for what you will.

So Bandai Namco sale again.

Not interested in Naruto or DBZ or One Piece fighting games.</p>
I would suggest none of the above. LWA got pretty bad reviews, and .hack//G.U. is really poorly written (and the gameplay is pretty basic Japanese action RPG circa the mid-00s). Accel World v SAO I’m not actually familiar with, but most SAO games have been pretty bad, and I can’t imagine a crossover would be better.

Thanks, I'll keep the credit. I haven't actually watched anything past SAO S1, and I've never seen either .hack or LWA.

I discovered that Minit was already in my Steam library, so I decided to try it.

Can anyone tell me what the  fuck I'm supposed to be doing in this game?  I left the house where the game started and walked around.  I hate these newfangled games that don't provide any instructions and don't seem to have any point at all.

I discovered that Minit was already in my Steam library, so I decided to try it.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing in this game? I left the house where the game started and walked around. I hate these newfangled games that don't provide any instructions and don't seem to have any point at all.
As opposed to the old-fangled games that didn't hold you by the hand?

I'm guessing you are supposed to find out as much as you can in a minute and use that in future runs.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

As opposed to the old-fangled games that didn't hold you by the hand?

I'm guessing you are supposed to find out as much as you can in a minute and use that in future runs.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
Touche. I'm just one of those people who likes to see as much of a game as possible when I buy it, and if I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing, it irks the hell out of me. I just logged out of the game and tried a couple of others that I've played 100 times before.

Thanks, I'll keep the credit. I haven't actually watched anything past SAO S1, and I've never seen either .hack or LWA.
Just as well. SAO S1 is the only worthwhile season, and there’s only one good .hack// anime, which is an OVA (Quantum). (//SIGN isn’t bad, but suffers from crappy pacing and an often mediocre execution of good ideas.)

The original .hack quadrilogy ((Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine) is a good story, though the gameplay wasn’t that good for its time and has aged poorly. I love it, but it’s hard to recommend unless you’re interested in that sort of story. G.U. was a really poor followup, unfortunately.

Edit:
Oh, forgot about LWA. I’ve only seen a few episodes on Netflix. It seems decent if you’re a big fan of CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) anime, though honestly I’m having a hard time finding the interest to keep going. It’s solid, it’s just not very engaging outside the CGDCT angle.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing in this game? I left the house where the game started and walked around. I hate these newfangled games that don't provide any instructions and don't seem to have any point at all.
Can't tell if you're being serious about the newfangled thing or not, but Minit is pretty inspired by the original Legend of Zelda and just like that game there's no direction and the first thing you need to do is find a sword. I did end up using a walkthrough a couple times, but it wasn't until late in the game when the world was a lot bigger and it was frustrating not knowing what I could do and the time restriction just made that frustration worse.

Can't tell if you're being serious about the newfangled thing or not, but Minit is pretty inspired by the original Legend of Zelda and just like that game there's no direction and the first thing you need to do is find a sword. I did end up using a walkthrough a couple times, but it wasn't until late in the game when the world was a lot bigger and it was frustrating not knowing what I could do and the time restriction just made that frustration worse.
I was being completely serious, but after a while, I just gave up. And I had no idea until now that it was supposed to be a Zelda clone.

Humble Hot Date Bundle

$1+:

Creature Romances: Kokonoe Kokoro

Highway Blossoms

Just Deserts

BTA:

Ladykiller in a Bind

Purrfect Date

Genital Jousting

$10+:

G-sengou no Maou - The Devil on a G-String Voiced Edition

Sunrider Collection

$15+:

CLANNAD

There's also coupons!

Yeah, this isn't for everyone, but I want CLANNAD, The Devil on a G-String, and Ladykiller in a Bind...so I'll probably get this.

Just as well. SAO S1 is the only worthwhile season, and there’s only one good .hack// anime, which is an OVA (Quantum). (//SIGN isn’t bad, but suffers from crappy pacing and an often mediocre execution of good ideas.)

The original .hack quadrilogy ((Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine) is a good story, though the gameplay wasn’t that good for its time and has aged poorly. I love it, but it’s hard to recommend unless you’re interested in that sort of story. G.U. was a really poor followup, unfortunately.

Edit:
Oh, forgot about LWA. I’ve only seen a few episodes on Netflix. It seems decent if you’re a big fan of CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) anime, though honestly I’m having a hard time finding the interest to keep going. It’s solid, it’s just not very engaging outside the CGDCT angle.
I was one of the few that actually liked Roots (It's the Terror of DEATH!) and GU had fantastic gameplay, so there's that.

Clannad is great, and G-String is the voiced edition which has a $40 MSRP. I own and played Clannad, but I'm missing Ladykiller on a bind and G-String.. unless I can manage to get both in a split I'm probably gonna have to go for the full $15 and gift/sell off Clannad.

Clannad is great, and G-String is the voiced edition which has a $40 MSRP. I own and played Clannad, but I'm missing Ladykiller on a bind and G-String.. unless I can manage to get both in a split I'm probably gonna have to go for the full $15 and gift/sell off Clannad.
Unless you think you can get more than $5 for Clannad, which you maybe can, you should just get the $10 tier.

Isn’t Ladykiller the one where you play a lesbian who gets unavoidably raped by men until she likes it?

Interesting choice, Hamble.

I was being completely serious, but after a while, I just gave up. And I had no idea until now that it was supposed to be a Zelda clone.
Yeah, I went into Minit cold turkey and soon realized it wasn't for me. Just a really short game stretched out by repetition. Don't know why that's a thing.

Also, re: pervert bundle, 4 tiers now? Is that a first? Seems like they are reconditioning us to upcharge even more.

bread's done
Back