Humble Bundle Thread

I do like the $1 tier. The BTA tier would look better if I hadn't recently gotten Everything free from Epic.

And Catherine Classic is a want, but, well...

sjvA0HZ.gif
I probably would've jumped, if Catherine Classic was in the BTA.

But, it's not, so...meh.

So, I've subbed for the Monthly for the first time and noticed that my next billing date was for November 29. Does this mean I get next months games as well if I cancel on November 28th and won't get charged an extra $12?

So, I've subbed for the Monthly for the first time and noticed that my next billing date was for November 29. Does this mean I get next months games as well if I cancel on November 28th and won't get charged an extra $12?
No. If you access the early unlock codes before the next billing date, they'll charge you early.

I know we rarely talk about the book bundles but the current novel bundle (Bundle of Bubdles) has a lot of we known authors in it. It's none of their most prized/famous works but Jake's, Zahn, Bear, Higgins, Salvatore and Coonts are all over the NY Tines bestseller list when any of them release a new book. (And with it being bundles most have the complete multibook story included.)

Edit: forgot the link.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/bundle-bundles-open-road-media-books

Last edited by a moderator:
Loos like humble bundle is being converted to something called humble choice....this does not seem to be good for us.
It was just a matter of time after IGN bought Humble.

edit: I like how they're strong-arming you to stay subscribed in order to not lose the "Classic" pricing.

yea the only good deal is the old classic, otherwise its 15$ for your choice of 3 out of 10, which is garbage, 20$ for 9, which is garbage, or if you just pause/unpase and grab what you want its still 12

thats all assuming they still let you pause in the future and maintain the 12$ price after you unpaused once.  Currently you can pause and maintain the price but they haven't said whats going to happen in the future with pausing

It really does help explain the timing of the Crash/Spyro/COD bundle. Lure in a ton of subscribers with a fantastic offer, then pressure them into sticking around by way of threatening a substantial price hike for the future. The ability to pause and keep the Classic plan is the only redeeming bit of information here. If they ever remove that, I'm done with Monthlies.

Frankly, it's still unclear to me how any of this will actually work. It says you "choose," so that means there's a pool of 20 games and you pick 10, like it's a Groupees BaB? I'll be really curious to see what kinds of games they end up offering. If it's a few high-quality items and a cornucopia of IndieGala rejects, this won't go over well. 

Any idea when they're switching over? 

I was going to hold out for a $3 off coupon this month.  Still not convinced I want the games.  Pretty happy with Game Pass so this is more likely to just lead to me never buying another of these.

If I hadn't already been sitting on the toilet when I started reading about this...
So, fuck. How does this: "Humble Monthly subscribers get more games every month for the price they pay today" translate if you stay on the classic plan? The only difference I see is that you know the full bundle contents up front. There is no moar games if that's the case.

I was looking at reddit and was surprised to see the reaction be so negative to this. It seems like an ideal change to me. The only downside I see is that the quality of games might go down, but that is always a possibility regardless of whatever else is happening with the bundle.

I guess another possibility is they may take pausing away at some point, but for now, pausing will still be available and I guess I'll just stay subbed forever and probably pause most months like I am right now.

Also, while some stuff still seems unclear, it sounds like there will be 10 games to choose from each month, so technically classic doesn't get to choose, they just still get everything.

Also, while some stuff still seems unclear, it sounds like there will be 10 games to choose from each month, so technically classic doesn't get to choose, they just still get everything.
If this is the case, it's not made very clear either on the main page or on the FAQ. The check mark next to Choice in the Classic column of the table implies that some sort of choice is provided to Classic subbers.

my guess for the change would be key resellers (moreso than traders). You see a ton of extra keys pop up on g2a and the like each bundle, which, from the dev perspective, is kind of frustrating. And it probably also aligns with however they currently pay out to the publishers.

Still, $132 is a really, really good deal based on almost every month to date. You almost always get a great game that by itself has never been less than $12, and almost all of the games always have really good reviews, with a mix of genre types. Not to defend ign, but developers seem to like how humble pays them

Hey guys, we're going to be upfront about what games are going to be in our bundles!  Just keep blindly subscribing for an undetermined amount of time and we'll tell you what they are!

I mean... I've only ever had a month to month sub and only cancelled one time to get the $3 coupon.  I don't really consider myself a 'subscriber' since there's no limit to the amount you can pause and I haven't prepaid anything.  However, if they remove the ability to pause then, yeah, I'm probably done.

It says you "choose," so that means there's a pool of 20 games and you pick 10, like it's a Groupees BaB?
Yanni Cappuccino gonna sue somebody!

I bought one monthly bundle (May or June 2017), sold Stellaris for like $11 thanks to a tip from someone here, and kept the rest of the games for almost no cost. Monthly bundles almost always seemed like a great deal provided someone would actually play the games, but I've never really liked the idea of blind pre-orders and subscriptions.

The weekly game bundles may go the way of the dodo sometime in the future, replaced by the Choice sub model.

Humble Idea Factory Bundle

$1+:

Trillion: God of Destruction

Neptunia Shooter

Moero Chronicle

BTA:

MegaTagmension Blanc Deluxe Edition Bundle (includes all DLC)

Fairy Fencer F (includes all DLC)

$10+:

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (includes all DLC)

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (includes all DLC)

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force Complete Deluxe Set (includes all DLC)

Anyways, here's the opening paragraph for the description to Moero Chronicle:

Io is a simple young man with only one problem – he can’t talk to women! Any attempts at conversation are destroyed by his perverted mind, except when he talks to Lilia, his best friend and a Monster Girl.

I always hate they include both FFF and FFF Advent as FFF Advent is just the better version. I am missing like half of these so likely will get a purchase.

How does pausing your subscription work? Can I immediately pause it this month after getting spyro/crash/CoD, and then if I see something that interests me down the road to just unpause?

Pausing lasts until after the next bundle is released. The good thing is that you get the rest of the benefits in between. Just make sure you pause before they charge for the next month.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

It's unclear how pausing will work in the future. Is it going to be exactly like it is now where you get charged on the last Friday of the month or once you claim the bundle or will it be different with Choice?

Strange that the $20 Premium gives you 9 games, while the grandfathered $12 Classic plan gives you 10. 

Hopefully they allow us to continue pausing as we wish to retain the plan.

Anyways, here's the opening paragraph for the description to Moero Chronicle:

Io is a simple young man with only one problem – he can’t talk to women! Any attempts at conversation are destroyed by his perverted mind, except when he talks to Lilia, his best friend and a Monster Girl.
I feel like you're implying that everyone doesn't have this problem. So it's just me and Io?

So I was looking into some of the games in the Postmodern Bundle to see if I wanted to get the $1 tier or not, and I noticed that the Yume Nikki in that tier is literally free on Steam.

What the hell, Humble?

So I was looking into some of the games in the Postmodern Bundle to see if I wanted to get the $1 tier or not, and I noticed that the Yume Nikki in that tier is literally free on Steam.

What the hell, Humble?
Thomas Was Alone is a pretty good game although everyone in the world already owns it. Rusty Lake Hotel is also supposed to be pretty good. I look at a bundle price based on what I might actually play, not the fluff that gets packed in. The question you have to ask is if what's included is worth 25 cents or 50 cents each. Just a thought.

Has anyone picked up and played with the tools in the RPGMaker bundle? Interested in MV and VNMaker but curious if they're actually decent tools.

bread's done
Back