Humble Bundle Thread

so no one has got leaks on the unlocks? fine, i'm gonna be irresponsible and predict the headliner will be... hentai nazi. there, can't go back on it now.

so no one has got leaks on the unlocks? fine, i'm gonna be irresponsible and predict the headliner will be... hentai nazi. there, can't go back on it now.
They don't do unlocks in Humble Choice. If you mean "what are the 10 games that will be available next month" then I'm sure it'll be Hentai Nazis with some added trash thrown in. I wouldn't be surprised if a free holiday EGS game snuck in there. It would be cool if it was My Friend Pedro.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, Shadow of War, Bad North and Dirt Rally 2.0 are all on PC Game Pass, and there's a possibility Two Point will be as well when it hits XBox GP in February. Stacked Monthly regardless.

Surprised by the positive comments here and on reddit. Absolutely nothing I'm interested in this month.

I guess the classic plan actually has to choose this month and you don't automatically get all game like last month?

FWIW, Shadow of War, Bad North and Dirt Rally 2.0 are all on PC Game Pass, and there's a possibility Two Point will be as well when it hits XBox GP in February. Stacked Monthly regardless.
It will be.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/11/two-point-hospital-coming-soon-xbox-one/

Surprised by the positive comments here and on reddit. Absolutely nothing I'm interested in this month.

I guess the classic plan actually has to choose this month and you don't automatically get all game like last month?
Looks like it. Just have to find the two games that have been bundled before or are most likely to be bundled in the future. Or the two worst.

Yep, I was just going to mention that. You can choose 10 of the 12, which shouldn't be surprisng since that's what Humble said would be the case, but I had completely forgotten it myself until now.

good for me cuz i already had some of them(shadow of war, two point,sfv) i mean it would be nice to get all of them cuz i would cesspool my extras to offset the cost.

Ok imo. Nothing that really excites me, but I'll take shadow of war, graveyeard keeper and mages of mystralia and sell the rest in the cesspool

Well that knocked quite a few games off my wishlist.  I only had Shadow of War so I am debating which other one to skip.  Probably that pixel train track building game.  Graveyard Keeper and Two Point Hospital are both games I have almost bought several times so really pleased with those.  

Not too appealing for those who have GamePass ... also, Shadow of War was clearanced out at bottom bin pricing last year. So there really isn’t a big game to drive value this month. Disappointing ... think I will pause and hope for better value next month.

Still don't own a copy of Street Fighter V and wouldn't mind having one. But couldn't care less about Shadow of War and the rest isn't very notable. 

I'm likely in the minority but I'm skipping SFV and Shadow of War. Frankly both of them missing their DLC and me owning them on PS4 already make them easy skips. Not the most exciting bundle honestly though I have been wanting to play the Hospital game and the Gravekeeper one for a while (I know this one was bundled before). Feels a bit scummy having to skip for the classic plan though. Humble Bundle always seems to disappoint.

Yeah I jumped on subbing this month because of SOW but then remembered my cousin I family share with Pre ordered gold edition back when it came out and the value has dropped like a rock and considering this isn't the complete edition you can pick it up right now off places like cd keys for like $4 . And if the previouse game is anything to go by the complete edition will be there before too long.

As for Street fighter I also own this on PS4 but have had it on my wishlist for reasons for awhile. But once again being just the core game with the recent changes to how you buy the game on steam (if I'm understanding this right) seems pretty lame.

Ugh now I wonder if I should have just skipped again. Dirt ralley 2.0 seems like a good deal though.

Yep, I was just going to mention that. You can choose 10 of the 12, which shouldn't be surprisng since that's what Humble said would be the case, but I had completely forgotten it myself until now.
Same, I thought classic just got all of them. Oh well.

For me it looks like pass on SoW in terms of raw value, as Nitro mentioned the definitive edition is $10-12 on a two sites right now and probably cheaper down the road. I still haven't played the first one. The other pass is Them's Fightin Herds which looks like a My little pony fighting game satire of SFV. I doubt I'll ever pay for upgrades of SFV but could drop that too. Unrailed looks fun as you try to build a railroad with friends but it is a mulitplayer only party game so if thats not your thing, its an easy choice to drop.

Not a horrible month for me as there are 3-4 on there that I have some interest in.

Might be interested in someone's Them Fightin Herds. Otherwise, I might pause. Son probably isn't interested in vanilla SFV.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

Nice @ Shadow of War, SF5, DIRT Rally 2.0, and Two Point in the HC.

I'm fine w/ getting games to own from Humble, even if they've been already on Game Pass, even whether I've played them on GP or not. I have no problem w/ "owning" games.

Game Pass for PC games & W10 Store PC games isn't the best system anyways, as you really don't have good access to these folders - since you have to go through the process of trying to "own the folder in Windows"...since they're locked in WindowsApp folder.

On Steam or most other services (Uplay, Epic Game Store, GOG, etc) - you still have access to these game-folders...so you still might be able to mod things, track time, take screenshots, and other stuff of that sort...which is what I love about PC gaming: always able to tinker, if need be. This is definitely an advantage over the Xbox for PC Game Pass / W10 Store stuff.

If games keep getting added to Game Pass, I don't own them yet, or they ain't anywhere else that I can access them yet, hopefully...I'll just play those there on Game Pass (like I did w/ Gears 5, Metro: Exodus, and The Outer Worlds). M$ keeps adding stuff there...and I really can't keep up w/ that anyways.

Need to finish State of Mind & Halo: Reach from H:MCC from GamePass, BTW.

Shadow of War has Denuvo, doubt it will ever be removed since it's never been removed from Mad Max.  Hard pass from me.  Only other somewhat interesting games are Graveyard Keeper and Bad North.  Fanatical has now surpassed Humble.

Too many vanilla games without DLC included, and the DLC will be included in future bundled iterations before I even get to them in my backlog.

Shadow of War has Denuvo, doubt it will ever be removed since it's never been removed from Mad Max. Hard pass from me. Only other somewhat interesting games are Graveyard Keeper and Bad North. Fanatical has now surpassed Humble.
That's WB for you.

There's no Denuvo in the Mad Max version on Origin - https://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/1642039363007508155/

Also, Batman: AK doesn't have Denuvo on Epic Game Store - https://www.pcgamesn.com/batman-arkham-knight/denuvo-removed-epic-games-store.

Nothing of really strong appeal, at least one item I already have, and just a general lack of excitement. I was going to pause for the first time since I joined but they offered me $2 off and I caved.

Bad North has a demo on Steam.  Tried it, pretty mediocre.  Another month of pausing.  If anyone has a spare Graveyard Keeper to trade, hit me up, dawg.

Pretty happy with this month, glad to have Them's Fighting Herds, Two Point Hospital and Whispers of a Machine off my wishlist.

Probably gonna try to sell off the racing games and vanilla SFV.

Bad North was also free on the Epic Game Store over the holidays.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk
Good catch, I completely forgot I got it there. But then it is Epic store.

Too many vanilla games without DLC included, and the DLC will be included in future bundled iterations before I even get to them in my backlog.
Its the game maker's mantra now. We'll sell you the base game cheap to get you in the door and hit you with the dlc upsell if you like the game enough. That or buy the gold version now and save $$.

Gamepass can go to hell. Can't backlog that shit.

As someone that doesn't have that particular "service", I'm pretty happy about this month. A number of games are on my wishlist,

I'm also not bothered (or surprised) about the big games with tons of DLC. If I bought them from Steam, I'd be tempted to get the upgraded package with bundled DLC. Now I can play them (or forget them forever) and decide whether or not I want more.

I'll probably skip the My Little Pony game and the one Tim Sweeney gave everyone for free.

I think the key to Game Pass will be to play really expensive games and/or new games ASAP; especially if they are LONG. You can always try to buy that stuff later (as long as it's still being sold), when it gets cheaper. $5 for basically a one month rental for their games is a steal, IMHO.

This way...well, you could also have way less to play later. And you also won't get burnt-out playing too much of the same thing at once.

Sure, on Game Pass...I've already played base-games to Metro: Exodus, Gears 5, Wolfenstein II: TNC, and Outer Worlds - but I'd be fine w/ owning them, for like $5-10 or less later; or especially Complete Editions for $15 or less w/ everything.

The Expansion Pass for Exodus isn't done yet (and those aren't yet in Game Pass - Two Colonels to me sounds very interesting b/c it sounds like it's more up the much-more previous linear Metro game's alley) and Outer Worlds hasn't had their batch of DLC's come out yet. Wolfenstein II's DLC's ain't in the Game Pass yet either. Still, plenty of reason already there for me to buy later - as I'm normally one of those guys who wants to play any worthwhile or decent DLC's/expansions.

I know myself well enough to know that throwing money at something like Game Pass just means I'll be paying for something that I'll never use in order to get cheap access to newer games that I won't play until they have been out for years anyway.  *shrug*

I know myself well enough to know that throwing money at something like Game Pass just means I'll be paying for something that I'll never use in order to get cheap access to newer games that I won't play until they have been out for years anyway. *shrug*
You're not wrong, but I did it anyway. Everybody wastes money on something. Hookers and blow is so eighties....

I don't think I'll keep paying past my 3 month trial, but it's honestly been fun to play some new games. There's something to the experience of hearing someone talk about a game/seeing someone play a game and being able to check it out and enjoy the experience along with everyone else.

Especially games like Halo: Reach PC, The Outer Worlds etc that are almost entirely nostalgia hype trips. Much funner to get aboard those experiences while the hype train is chugging away and you can feed off the collective sense of nostalgia.

I've been playing a ton of GamePass stuff and I think the only game I've really played and enjoyed from Humble in the last 6 months was Blasphemous. Everything else went straight to the backlog, which for me has come to mean I probably won't ever play it. Now that I have less time for gaming I find that I value being able to play new games for as cheap as possible while I'm still interested as opposed to amassing a huge collection of older stuff I won't ever touch. I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe to GamePass once the 3 years I got for cheap run out, but so far it has already paid for itself and then some.

Yeah, Game Pass put me off buying new stuff for now.  So I guess it's saving me money!  And I got my value's worth by not spending anything extra to jump on the Outer Worlds hype train (and get bored with it), realize that Rage 2 was as mediocre as I would have guessed and enjoyed playing Operencia, which I otherwise wouldn't have taken a chance on.

Yeah, Game Pass put me off buying new stuff for now. So I guess it's saving me money! And I got my value's worth by not spending anything extra to jump on the Outer Worlds hype train (and get bored with it), realize that Rage 2 was as mediocre as I would have guessed and enjoyed playing Operencia, which I otherwise wouldn't have taken a chance on.
If only time machines existed... fuck all the wrongs there are to right or each and every missed opportunity... I'll go back and wait to play Rage 2 on GamePass. I'd only need about an hour of play before I'd turn it off and say, with more than a little disgust, "Ugh, glad I didn't buy that piece of shit."

So after a little debate I skipped the My little pony fighter trash and Bad north. I chose to skip bad north because I got it free from Tim Swine and its on gamepass. As for my little pony fighter, it seemed like the biggest piece of trash in the bundle. Even with all that said I stand behind that Humble Classic should get all and shouldn't have to choose. 

Here is to hoping next month will be better but we all know it wont. 

I think the key to Game Pass will be to play really expensive games and/or new games ASAP; especially if they are LONG. You can always try to buy that stuff later (as long as it's still being sold), when it gets cheaper. $5 for basically a one month rental for their games is a steal, IMHO.

This way...well, you could also have way less to play later. And you also won't get burnt-out playing too much of the same thing at once.

Sure, on Game Pass...I've already played base-games to Metro: Exodus, Gears 5, Wolfenstein II: TNC, and Outer Worlds - but I'd be fine w/ owning them, for like $5-10 or less later; or especially Complete Editions for $15 or less w/ everything.

The Expansion Pass for Exodus isn't done yet (and those aren't yet in Game Pass - Two Colonels to me sounds very interesting b/c it sounds like it's more up the much-more previous linear Metro game's alley) and Outer Worlds hasn't had their batch of DLC's come out yet. Wolfenstein II's DLC's ain't in the Game Pass yet either. Still, plenty of reason already there for me to buy later - as I'm normally one of those guys who wants to play any worthwhile or decent DLC's/expansions.
What i love about GamePass is I can try all these games WITHOUT paying any money upfront (aside from the general fee for the service which I got insanely cheap).

I’ve loved games that I never thought to buy, and I’ve really ended up not liking games that I would have spent money on otherwise (untitled goose game to name one).

GamePass has definitely saved me money on games that I would have bought, a lot of money actually.

I think I’m going to cancel humble classic. It’s a good scam to try to keep subs, but I’m out, zero games interest me this money, or I already have them. Not worth the $12 hit Id take to chance having classic be worth it down the road.

I think I’m going to cancel humble classic. It’s a good scam to try to keep subs, but I’m out, zero games interest me this money, or I already have them. Not worth the $12 hit Id take to chance having classic be worth it down the road.
You can skip the month if you don't like it.

bread's done
Back