Humble Bundle Thread

Glad I used my unmatched wisdom and tremendous restraint, unbelievable restraint, to not pickup Outcast - Second Contact from some of the recent Fanatical Leftist Build You Own Bundles! That's a sign of someone that makes a great cat president for our country!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I used my unmatched wisdom and tremendous restraint, unbelievable restraint, to not pickup Outcast - Second Contact from some of the recent Fanatical Leftist Build You Own Bundles! That's a sign of someone that makes a great cat president for our country!
I heard that pretty soon Fanatical isn't going to let Americans buy their bundles.

Wish more bundles did what Playism did. Thanks for the heads-up.
I remember when Playism trash was delegated to Groupees bundles. Not sure if Playism has moved on up or Humble has fallen to the gutter.
Playism bundles have been a thing at Humble Bundle since at least 2014. Humble has been circling the drain a long time.

I think the last "great" Tennis game was Top Spin 4 (not on pc). Virtua Tennis 4 was good but was Games for Windows Live on PC.
I have Top Spin 2 (PC) [retail disc] and also Virtua Tennis 4.

I would guess you could probably use XLive-Less on VT4, like most G4WL-based titles...to avoid that junk.

Not counting some indies, we only have this Tennis World Tour and AO Tennis 2.
I knew of AO Tennis 2.

Of course, Tennis World Tour is new to me, as first time I saw that...was in this new HB. Maybe gonna have to get this. Dunno. [shrug]

Thanks for the info; much appreciated.

Speaking of the Tennis game, there are 3 pieces of DLC discounted to free on Steam. Get them while they're free if you're a communist and want a free handout!
Mr. PresidentCat, I'd feel better about claiming these three DLCs if there was a way that you could sign your name on them.

Mr. PresidentCat, I'd feel better about claiming these three DLCs if there was a way that you could sign your name on them.
tenor.gif

I just paused my subscription.  The June games are nothing to write home about.  And since Comcast's data cap is going back into effect on June 30, I downloaded all of the Humble Trove games that I might want to play before I paused.  I've got plenty to keep me busy.

I just paused my subscription. The June games are nothing to write home about. And since Comcast's data cap is going back into effect on June 30, I downloaded all of the Humble Trove games that I might want to play before I paused. I've got plenty to keep me busy.
So soon, my unlimited Internet going away.

Double post...but separate question.

I bought the Racial Justice bundle, how can I spend my Humble Choice for a later month, or am I forced to purchase the current Choice bundle?

I believe it's possible but I'm not seeing it.

Double post...but separate question.

I bought the Racial Justice bundle, how can I spend my Humble Choice for a later month, or am I forced to purchase the current Choice bundle?

I believe it's possible but I'm not seeing it.
Does the coupon expire on July 3rd at around 1 PM ET? If so then I think you're stuck using it on the current bundle. Don't believe there's a way to push it back.

I just paused my subscription. The June games are nothing to write home about. And since Comcast's data cap is going back into effect on June 30, I downloaded all of the Humble Trove games that I might want to play before I paused. I've got plenty to keep me busy.
Bah, I forgot about that. I need to download a bunch of stuff too on Steam.

Does the coupon expire on July 3rd at around 1 PM ET? If so then I think you're stuck using it on the current bundle. Don't believe there's a way to push it back.
Guess I'll be grabbing those then! Feel OK about it but kinda lame.

Was thinking I could set it up as a future gift or something but redeem it myself.

This is like the 3rd time where I intended to slip the month but some how didn't fully go through the prompts on the site and instead got billed.
Guess Im getting June's games anyways woohoo...

This is like the 3rd time where I intended to slip the month but some how didn't fully go through the prompts on the site and instead got billed.
Guess Im getting June's games anyways woohoo...
Add me to that I could of sworn I paused this month and yet I just got charged for the month

It shows that you're paused in multiple places throughout the site, they pretty much every single feature with a big "UNPAUSE NOW TO ENABLE THIS FEATURE!". 

It very clearly shows that you're paused in multiple places throughout the site, pretty much every single feature is labeled with a big "UNPAUSE NOW TO ENABLE THIS FEATURE!". Y'all need to just fess up that you forgot to do it. "DIdn't go through all the prompts" my ass :-({|= . You have nobody to blame but yourselves, and I have no sympathy for you :shame: .
Nothing to fess up to def went through some prompts but apperentaly not all.

Some of you aren't getting your Hamble Choice games at the same time each month anymore?

It sounds like you might be entering... bundlepause.

Proud to say I remembered to pause. That, of course, means the "hidden" game they will reveal will be awesome. You are welcome.

Yeah, there's like half a dozen 'ARE YOU SURE?!?!' prompts you have to click through. It's absurd.
The last time I next-ed all those, I can't be sure, but I'm pretty certain they snuck in a threat somewhere towards the middle.

I used to just remove my payment method from my Humble account since that would automatically cancel the sub and skip having to go through a half dozen screens and prompts. Not really an option now since that would kick me out of the Classic plan. But honestly, they send you an e-mail whenever you pause. If you don't see an e-mail, you aren't paused.

Yeah that locked-in credit card sucks because I wanted to switch to a card with a higher cash back percentage.  Although... not like an extra 1.5% cash back on a $12 bundle is going to make or break the value considering I end up buying maybe three or four of these per year.

Yeah that locked-in credit card sucks because I wanted to switch to a card with a higher cash back percentage. Although... not like an extra 1.5% cash back on a $12 bundle is going to make or break the value considering I end up buying maybe three or four of these per year.
Can you switch it to paypal? Then you could pick your card on the fly

If you go to your Humble Choice sub page and click "Manage Your Subscription", you'll have the option of adding a PP account or another CC, or you can just change your CC to a different one.

Just be sure to set the new payment method as the default one before removing the old payment method. I've read about people getting screwed over because they didn't do things in the right order. Crap like that fuels my paranoia and makes me never event want to touch that info.

If you go to your Humble Choice sub page and click "Manage Your Subscription", you'll have the option of adding a PP account or another CC, or you can just change your CC to a different one.

Just be sure to set the new payment method as the default one before removing the old payment method. I've read about people getting screwed over because they didn't do things in the right order. Crap like that fuels my paranoia and makes me never event want to touch that info.
See, that make me want to go and try it immediately. If I screwed up the order and got kicked out of classic permanently, I'd never worry about Humble Bundle Choice again. I kinda of want to be done with it, nevertheless, I persist....

Summer Sale ruined the Playism bundle on Steam. Instead of being 90% off across the board, individual games being discounted made them lower the bundle discount to 70% which makes Silver Case and Break Arts II $4.65 as opposed to $3.50 because the individual discounts are so crappy (only a few are 70% which is the minimum needed to bring prices to around what they were when the bundle was 90% off).

Summer Sale ruined the Playism bundle on Steam. Instead of being 90% off across the board, individual games being discounted made them lower the bundle discount to 70% which makes Silver Case and Break Arts II $4.65 as opposed to $3.50 because the individual discounts are so crappy (only a few are 70% which is the minimum needed to bring prices to around what they were when the bundle was 90% off).
I went with the $1 tier of the Humble Playism Bundle because the only game in the highest tier that appealed to me was The Silver Case. But I don't think that I'll miss playing it that much.

I've read some of Monstress, Ice Cream Man and all of the Snot Girl on offer. I think Ice Cream Man was interesting for sure though maybe not amazing. I only read volume 1. Monstress was gorgeous and pretty slow for what I read, but seemed good. Only read volume 1 as well. Snotgirl I kind of found annoying. It's a little shallow and just OK, but maybe maybe that's what it wants to be. Too bad it doesn't include my favorite likely of the Image comics I've read some of but need to catch up, which is Paper Girls. That one is interesting and pretty cool. Read two volumes. Image Comics always have interesting themes and stories usually aimed at the more mature crowd, so I do recommend the bundle as well.

Yeah that locked-in credit card sucks because I wanted to switch to a card with a higher cash back percentage. Although... not like an extra 1.5% cash back on a $12 bundle is going to make or break the value considering I end up buying maybe three or four of these per year.
You can definitely change cards without losing the classic plan. Source: I did so myself, back in February.

I already bought the $1 tier of the Playism bundle, but I'm considering the top tier.  Is there any way that it will let me add $9 since I already purchase the first tier?  If not, I'll just skip it.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this for me.  The bundle ends in 6 hours.

I've read a fair amount of the Image comics in the bundle and the best things in there are Copra and Criminal.  I also really like Nailbiter - it's a fun comedic horror comic.

A lot of people really, really like God Country but I didn't see what all the fuss was about on that one.

Nowhere Men and They're Not Like Us are both good but they're hard to recommend because they're never going to finish up their stories.

The main thing that interested me in the Image bundle was Stray Bullets. I own most of the original run, but it's been like 15+ years since I read any of it. I always meant to get back to it since I loved it back in the day.

I also have a friend who almost never reads comics who liked Monstress, so I was interested in that.

I'm predicting 2 old AAA games with one being bundled before but maybe like 2 years ago. Some rogue lite game....a shooter I'm guessing. Some old game that hasn't been bundled before like Capitalism was before, like 1 or 2 co-op/multiplayer only games, 1 few month old indie game that's no longer selling well, a few indie games from about 2 years+ ago and likely puzzle games, and the rest are games very few know about including 1 VN that only I know about.

bread's done
Back