Humble Bundle Thread

Ahh adventure games are my downfall.  I don't know if they're so appealing to me because that was mostly what I played as a kid (love the old lucas arts games) or what the deal is but I seem to horde them on steam and then never play them.  Pretty sure I have at least half a dozen daedelic adventure games in my backlog already but I'm still tempted by the $1 tier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iratus sounds like the name of the keyboard warrior I turn into whenever I see TrumpCat or one of his followers doing something mind-numbingly stupid.

I don't own anything the BTA or $15 tiers. I might have to go all in.

Night of the Rabbit is a wonderful adventure game with gorgeous artwork and pretty solid puzzles/gameplay. That alone is well worth $1.

Iratus looks good. Just not $15 tier good.
If you like Darkest Dungeon and rogue like type games, yes it is worth $15. I prefer Iratus over Darkest Dungeon. Though, its probably the only thing in that whole bundle that interests me and I think I already have a few of those other daedelic games so I'll pass. I figure Iratus will show up later in a monthly and I own Iratus via GoG.

The warhammer bundle is worth if you don't have several of those games easily. Even though I own almost all of them already, its worth it for the space marine dlc (looks to be the complete collection) and the bloodbowl 2 legendary which is all of the expansion content, $30 on Steam itself for each.

New comics bundle is basically a repeat of a Groupees comic bundle from a couple months ago, tho I haven't dived deep to see if there are any differences.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

I guess I should go ahead and link the damn thing after spending this amount of effort on the rest of it.

Common:

Ignited #1-4

Omni #1-4

Strangelands #1-4

Exo vol. 1-3

Carthago vol. 1-5

I Am Legion vol. 1-3

Metal Hurland vol. 1-6

Miss: Better Living Through Crime vol. 1-4

Loving Dead vol. 1-3

Moon Face vol. 1-5

The Incal vol. 1-6

The Metabarons vol. 1-8

Barbarella vol. 1-2

The Big Country

The Twilight Man

Weapons of the Metabaron

Milo Manara's Gullivera

Muse vol. 1-2

Pandora's Eyes (the Groupees one says it's B&W, the Humble one looks like it's in color?)

Poopees:

Legend of the Scarlet Blades vol. 1-4

The Metabaron vol. 1-6

Technopriests vol. 1-8

Final Incal vol. 1-3

Before the Incal vol. 1-6

Marilyn's Monsters vol. 1

Olympus vol. 1-2

The Eyes of the Cat

Hamble:

Unfabulous Five vol. 1-3

The Zombies That Ate the World vol. 1-6

Luisa - Now and Then

The Tipping Point vol. 1-2

The Swords of Glass vol. 1-4

Simak vol. 1-2

Milo Manara's The Golden Ass

Metabarons Genesis - Castaka vol. 1-2

Madwoman of the Sacred Heart vol. 1-3

Leo Roa vol. 1-2

Eros Gone Wild vol. 1-4

Diosamante

Bramble vol. 1-3

Screaming Planet vol. 1-2

The large majority of non-repeats from the Groupees bundle were in the $2 tier (or, rather, they were the unlockables, but those are available to any tier), while the large majority of the Humble non-repeats are in the $15 tier. So good on anyone who wants all this stuff and only bought the $2 tier of the Groupees.

980x.gif

Five hours left for the current Image Comics bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/image-comics-showcase-books?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_2_layout_type_twos_tile_index_1_c_imagecomicsshowcase_bookbundle

Sadly, I might pass this time because the only thing that I might want to read in the whole bundle is the Battlechasers TPB in the top tier.
Probably not as applicable now since the collection was 'refreshed' in 2019 but Amazon had the kindle version of the Battle Chasers TPB as low as $1.99 a few times. I picked it up way back in early 2018 and remember seeing it that low again 1-2 more times.

Might be worth keeping an eye on it over there if you do want to read it.

Battletech in the third tier (and the fact that there are four tiers) makes this a pass for me.

Can't wait to see how much DLC Content they can bust out for Battletech, though. One extra robot character each month should fund Paradox for a decade! Hope we get a free Toaster mech when it's inevitably given away for free on EGS!

Silly not to put Warlock 2 in the $1 tier since it's basically a straight upgrade over 1 (and it had more DLC).  Had my eye on Necropolis for a while but not at that tier.

Yeah, what a doozy to read.

Sounds like Humble is trying to kill Humble Choice and Classic users here; and sounds like they want to crack down on the Gray Market.

I think we need Humble to come out & completely define what the whole hub-bub is.

Define what "friends" are too, while we're are it.

They also might need to re-think the whole thing about key-linking, key-revealing, instead use key-less revealing methods (like some other stores have), full tiers are one key, remove gift-linking (if they see it as a problem), etc etc - all of that stuff.

But, of course - I'll bet, if they pull anything that I mentioned above...a lot of people might leave Classic Plan, leave Choice, and/or even leave Humble entirely.

If they kill off the Classic plan they will fold.  It's obvious people aren't subscribing to the inflated Humble Choice prices given all of the 40% and free promos they keep putting out.  Even offering $4 not to pause.

I also wonder how much things like Xbox Game Pass, Fanatical's Bundles, Epic Store's Weekly Freebies, and other things are hurting Humble. 

It's almost, as if, IGN is trying to find ways to just close Humble down.

Haha... banning the giving of gift links? Gift links that you can't give. So that just makes them links.

Are we allowed to just leave them lying about, like mints in a bowl, for people to take? Not technically a gift.

IGN never fails to suck the fun out of life.

My hunch is that maybe they banned a few hardcore traders where they saw links going to dozens of other people.  It's funny that they don't seem to care about the exchange of keys.

Probably not as applicable now since the collection was 'refreshed' in 2019 but Amazon had the kindle version of the Battle Chasers TPB as low as $1.99 a few times. I picked it up way back in early 2018 and remember seeing it that low again 1-2 more times.

Might be worth keeping an eye on it over there if you do want to read it.
Thanks. I only had a mild interest in the Battle Chasers book because I've played the video game, but it's not a big deal. I've bought several of the comic book bundles, and I've only read a few of them at this point. Hoping that Humble is able to host a DC or Marvel bundle before I die, but I'm not holding my breath.

Humble's Official Response on the whole mess w/ giveaways, raffles, etc etc:

https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/hx20bc/official_humblebundle_answer_about_giveaways_on/

Info:

- Gifting should be done with close friends & family members (IRL friends/family) for support purposes...

- ... Probably in case keys get pulled, need support from Humble (easier to support as opposed to w/ a stranger), etc etc.

- No trading or re-selling.

- Do not give keys to secondary distributors.

- For Humble Partners: Free Raffles are fine, but no $ exchange is allowed period for anyone to enter into a raffle.

Humble's Official Response on the whole mess w/ giveaways, raffles, etc etc:

https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/hx20bc/official_humblebundle_answer_about_giveaways_on/

Info:

- Gifting should be done with close friends & family members (IRL friends/family) for support purposes...

- ... Probably in case keys get pulled, need support from Humble (easier to support as opposed to w/ a stranger), etc etc.

- No trading or re-selling.

- Do not give keys to secondary distributors.

- For Humble Partners: Free Raffles are fine, but no $ exchange is allowed period for anyone to enter into a raffle.
That's beyond stupid. If you legally purchase the games from them, you should be able to do whatever you want with the keys.

From reading that and other associated posts it seems that people who were banned probably made use of Steamgifts because they mention putting it in a giveaway where you technically don't get money but do get some kind of point-system bonus is also prohibited. Or does Steamgifts not exist anymore. I dunno.

A post I saw nicely sums up what is most likely the real problem developers have:

Now this is very true, sellers and traders are hurting the prices for games simply by having them up for sale or trade to a price that is undercutting the market.

Publishers/devs choose to have one or more products on HB really cheap for a limited time but people keep selling and trading the games for lower prices which reduces the value of said games in people's minds.
If developers don't want this then they can simply avoid bundling their games. IMO, developers -- particularly indie developers -- can be insufferable prima donas. You have chosen a profession that produces a digital item where you are pitted against thousands of others. You make a game, it sells for retail for a year or so, and that's it. Don't get butthurt if you aren't able to get retail price after two, five, (and certainly not) ten years down the line. Instead of crying over the 'devaluing' of games, maybe make another game instead of trying to live off of six+ year development cycles?

Your game -- like any other product -- is worth precisely what people are willing to pay for it. Your game has no special intrinsic value regardless of whether you put your heart, soul, spleen, whatever into and/or it's an homage to your dead goldfish.

From reading that and other associated posts it seems that people who were banned probably made use of Steamgifts because they mention putting it in a giveaway where you technically don't get money but do get some kind of point-system bonus is also prohibited. Or does Steamgifts not exist anymore. I dunno.

A post I saw nicely sums up what is most likely the real problem developers have:

If developers don't want this then they can simply avoid bundling their games. IMO, developers -- particularly indie developers -- can be insufferable prima donas. You have chosen a profession that produces a digital item where you are pitted against thousands of others. You make a game, it sells for retail for a year or so, and that's it. Don't get butthurt if you aren't able to get retail price after two, five, (and certainly not) ten years down the line. Instead of crying over the 'devaluing' of games, maybe make another game instead of trying to live off of six+ year development cycles?

Your game -- like any other product -- is worth precisely what people are willing to pay for it. Your game has no special intrinsic value regardless of whether you put your heart, soul, spleen, whatever into and/or it's an homage to your dead goldfish.
Yeah the funny thing is the act of putting your game in a humble bundle automatically reduces the value of your game, literally. There are countless incidents where a game is retailing at $30+ dollars then it goes into a monthly bundle and it is now worth $4.

Exactly.  By the time a game ends up in a Humble Bundle it's usually well over a year past it's retail 'prime.'  Only game I can recall getting in the Humble Bundle a mere month or so after it's launch was the original Binding of Isaac way back in the Humble Voxatron 'Debut' bundle (2011).

Also, reminder: Voxatron is still in Alpha

Iratus sounds like the name of the keyboard warrior I turn into whenever I see TrumpCat or one of his followers doing something mind-numbingly stupid.
Man I missed you guys. I could have sworn this thread was dead for like months. Anyway, this was legit hilarious.

I think Total War Warhammer 2 got bundled insanely early also.
The first game was in a monthly within 3-6 months if I remember right. I had a buddy who got it via that and then he said the game was too complicated for him so we never did play co-op.

They get what they deserve at this point. All the drama with Epic Games store exclusives and 12% revenue share morality arguments

along with obvious DLC price inflation has soured me completely. In the last 4-5 years, AA devs have been the worst with $40 games, $20-40 season passes and then rapid devaluation within 3-12 months to where if I'd waited 6 months I get the game for 1/4th the release price, DLC included.

All of these devs/publishers ask people via Gold/Ultimate editions to front them a loan on DLC content that isn't even finished yet then they complain about pricing and that people are gaming the system in any way they can for the best deal.

Battletech in the third tier (and the fact that there are four tiers) makes this a pass for me.

Can't wait to see how much DLC Content they can bust out for Battletech, though. One extra robot character each month should fund Paradox for a decade! Hope we get a free Toaster mech when it's inevitably given away for free on EGS!

Battletech is done last I saw. The devs have moved on now that all the promised DLC is released. DLC that cost as much as the base game which has led to all kinds of deals out there. It was cheaper to re-buy the whole game on Steam than the season pass on GoG, even when it was on sale.

Raw Fury 2020 Humble Bundle is up.

A lot of this was in Epic Store for free or in previous HB's.

EDIT:

From what I've read on Reddit, some of this has been on Twitch's service too.

Looking through my Humble purchase history, I've bought one non-Monthly/Choice bundle in the last 15 months. I could've sworn it was fewer than that.

Dear IGN, 

Our relationship wasn't bad in the late '90s and early '00s. You sometimes went astray encouraging infidelity with babes and Preacher Teacher, but at least you reviewed and covered most games in existence. Then, you changed. You stopped reciprocating and whored yourself out as a clickbaiter, affiliate linker, and pretended to champion social justice while exploiting your readership. Now, you're banning people for trading games they already had due to them being rebundled along with desired new titles. I can't in good conscience even give our relationship a 7.8. No water will be shed when your financials are in the red.

Last edited:
I don't sub so I might have missed this, but are bans really happening for this reason?
Check these threads on Reddit.

Reddit Giveaways are, more or less, removed on HB Reddit Forum b/c of HB banning users for giveaways, sells, and trades of keys:

- https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/hwchm1/the_future_of_the_subreddit/

Humble's official reply on giveaways should only be for IRL close friends & family:

- https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/hx20bc/official_humblebundle_answer_about_giveaways_on/

Humble got wise to people getting the free Choice month from certain bundles and gifting it to a different account. My throw away account has to redeem the coupon for this month's Choice. The coupon expires before next month's Choice begins.

Every teir is overpriced.
Pyschonauts is awesome in the $1 tier if someone really hasn't played it and they should before the sequel comes out. I do agree these games have been bundled a few too many times. I am likely getting the $1 tier for the documentary and other stuff in that tier.

bread's done
Back