Humble Bundle Thread

3LTofC9.png

Thus begins a new bundle life cycle for a Tropico game!

• Humble Choice
  • Humble Bundle $15 tier
  • Fanatical Pick and Mix
  • Humble Bundle BTA tier
  • Fanatical Pick and Mix (encore)
  • Humble Bundle BTA tier (again)
  • Fanatical All-Stars bundle
  • Indie Gala bundle
  • Humble Bundle $1 tier
  • Indie Gala re-bundle
  • Humble Store giveaway
  • GOG Connect

Last edited by a moderator:
3LTofC9.png

A new life cycle for a Tropico game begins!

• Humble Choice
  • Humble Bundle $15 tier
  • Fanatical Pick and Mix
  • Humble Bundle BTA tier
  • Fanatical Pick and Mix (encore)
  • Humble Bundle BTA tier (again)
  • Fanatical All-Stars bundle
  • Humble Bundle $1 tier
  • Indie Gala bundle
  • Humble Store giveaway
  • GOG Connect
4h4als.jpg

Fae Tactics is the only game I would want, but only a couple months after Wargroove, I don't have the bandwidth. At least that bundle had a couple games I wanted.

Tropico 6? Would go in the backlog with all the other Tropico games. You don't lead a bundle with that.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

While I already purchased Tropico 6 for more than I'm paying for this monthly sub I wouldn't mind picking it up for a friend but for this to be the only headliner really kills this month nothing else jumps out at me and they didn't even offer me a discount for pausing.

This month is really eh. I mean I will still get it for Tropico and Fae since it's $12, but the rest of the games look like something I will never, play. Even that month with the Chess game was better IMO.

I'm some 3 hours so into the Rachel Foster game and I'm liking it.

In many ways, it's another Gone Home - investigating a building and its contents; can pick-up pretty much anything and examine it; tons of details everywhere; and the graphics look great. Lighting looks fantastic on Epic graphic settings.

B/c this seems to have a specific setting, period, and whatnot surrounding it - yeah, it's very immersive. This is an adventure game/interactive experience/walking simulator of sorts, which is very heavily narrative-focused. 

You follow the objectives and also can roam around the hotel to check it out, feeling like a detective of sorts - trying to figure out what happened surrounding the past events that happened at this hotel; and also the weird story that seems to be now going on w/ your character checking out the place, that you're about to sell.

But, I do like the thriller and horror elements that seem to be underneath the game so far, as it feels like w/ each "Day" the narrative progresses - it starts getting weirder and weirder; and more and more twisted. It's a very slow build - all w/ really good voice-acting; and an interesting premise & narrative - but I think that is what's also making it so creepy, weird, and twisted. It feels like...all these pieces are coming to eventually come together, at some point. Probably, closer to the end, I'd guess.

So far, so good.

I kind of want Injustice 2, but that one also has DLC I'd want...and it looks like it'd cost $46 just to get all of the characters.  Would have bought it if it were the Legendary Edition.

Overgrowth is the only DRM-free title in the bundle?

Come on. :bs:
Oh man, Overgrowth finally came out? And it's not early access or anything? They started on that game in 2006, and I preordered it for $30 in 2009. I really enjoyed Lugaru, but needless to say 15 years of development kinda killed the momentum.

Only one day left to download the DRM-free games that are in the current Humble Trove before they change them.

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/trove

For me, the Trove is where the real value is. There are some decent games in there - Bomber Crew, Snake Pass, Overture, Tacoma, The Flame in the Flood, Race the Sun, and Runestone Keeper come to mind.
Wait, they take them away? I thought they only added titles.

Wait, they take them away? I thought they only added titles.
I did some research, and I noticed that they have been removing Trove titles at least as far back as June 2017. I assume that the Humble Originals remain there since they are exclusive.

Some notable titles that previously appeared on the Trove in the past few years and then inexplicably disappeared include The Bridge, Dustforce DX, Galactic Civilization II, Overlord 1 and 2, Shelter, Strike Suit Zero, Torchlight 1 and 2, and Volgarr the Viking. In other words, there is no way to know what will disappear until they change the games.

It looks like most of the Daedalic adventure games are on the Trove at the moment. I'm considering downloading them and saving the zip files to an external drive just in case they disappear.

There are better games than that which have been removed:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Deadlight, Gone Home, Limbo, Penumbra Collection, Satellite Reign, Shadowrun Returns, Starseed Pilgrim, Teslagrad, The Bard's Tale, The End is Nigh, Wasteland 

I hate the Trove because of this. The least they could do is list the dates that games will be available, like Xbox Game Pass. I'm not a big fan of keeping a bunch of huge external drives around so I can long-term-store outdated versions of DRM-free games. 

There are better games than that which have been removed:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Deadlight, Gone Home, Limbo, Penumbra Collection, Satellite Reign, Shadowrun Returns, Starseed Pilgrim, Teslagrad, The Bard's Tale, The End is Nigh, Wasteland

I hate the Trove because of this. The least they could do is list the dates that games will be available, like Xbox Game Pass. I'm not a big fan of keeping a bunch of huge external drives around so I can long-term-store outdated versions of DRM-free games.
I have an external 500 gb for my DRM-free games. I've been tinkering with some PCs that they got rid of at my job when they installed the new computers there about a month ago, so I've been using the DRM-free versions to test out those PCs. Doing that keeps me from having to download the same games over and over since I only play them for a few minutes. But I'm not really a fan of Steam anyway.

And they added two Humble-exclusive games Fate of Kai and Syzgy to the Trove today. Nothing disappeared yet. I wish I had known that before I spent my morning before work downloading those Daedalic titles, but I might try them out this weekend since I don't have much else to do.

HUMBLE WORMS! WORMS! WORMS! BUNDLE

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/worms-worms-worms?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

$1:

Worms

Worms Blast

Worms Crazy Golf

Worms Pinball

BTA:

Worms Reloaded

Worms Ultimate Mayhem

Worms Reloaded: The "Pre-order Forts and Hats" DLC Pack

Worms Reloaded: Puzzle Pack

Worms Reloaded: Forts Pack

Worms Reloaded: Time Attack Pack

Worms Reloaded: Retro Pack

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Customization Pack DLC

$12:

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Multiplayer Pack

Worms Revolution

Worms Clan Wars

Worms Armageddon

Worms World Party Remastered

$17:

Worms W.M.D

Worms Revolution Season Pass

10% discount on the Worms Rumble Pre-Order

I just realized that this month's Choice sucks so much because Humble wants us all to pause and not get 20% off next month's Nubian Friday sales.

7h15X8r.png

Paused this month's bundle yesterday.  Today I got an e-mailing offering a coupon to buy the bundle at $6.  Still a hard pass.

Paused this month's bundle yesterday. Today I got an e-mailing offering a coupon to buy the bundle at $6. Still a hard pass.
I got an email offering classic at $9 for the next 6 months. it's tempting, but i have no interest at all in this month's bundle even at < $1 per game

Paused this month's bundle yesterday. Today I got an e-mailing offering a coupon to buy the bundle at $6. Still a hard pass.
There is a guy in the steam trade section of this website willing to buy Tropico 6 for $5.50. So in other words you can get the rest of the bundle for 50 cents.

There is a guy in the steam trade section of this website willing to buy Tropico 6 for $5.50. So in other words you can get the rest of the bundle for 50 cents.
I've gotten way too lazy to sell stuff off piece-meal. Especially when it's just for pure profit. There's maybe one game in this entire bundle that I'm interested in playing.

im somewhat tempted by this simply because dusk is in the top tier so getting some other throw ins with it for 15 is somewhat tempting.

of course there are only a couple games in here im even moderately interested in, and one is free on epic in a few days. dusk will probably be in a humble monthly soon enough anyway, if not it'll be like 10 bucks on sale soon enough and the rest of the games i'd want here aren't worth 5 bucks

Here's a humble bundle that I can get behind. It's for the nerdliest of Nerdy McNerderson's. A bundle of Old School 'D&D type' RPG books. The bundle includes a bunch of modules (all tiers), the rulebook at the $8 tier and the annual (rules/characters supplement) at the $15 tier. Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) (based on D&D 3rd Edition) is one the games that takes me back to playing Basic/AD&D when I was a wee lad. I've been meaning to run a virtual session of it with my buddies during Pandemic-mania, but haven't got my VIC20 (autographed by Shatner) running Roll20/discord yet. Anyway... Game on, dudes!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/dungeon-crawl-classics-rpg-goodman-games-books

When was the last time there wasn't a live "weekly" game bundle at any given point of time, like we have right now? Highly doubtful Humble will start a new weekly on Thursday going into a new Friday monthly. 

I'm betting there will be at least 1 VN. 1 sim no one will play. Early access in 2 games. 1 old AAA game. 1 actually newish indie game, and a bunch of other junk. I wouldn't have bought this previous one if Fae Tactics wasn't there.

bread's done
Back