Humble Bundle Thread

If one were to pause this month to see if HB offers a coupon, but then they don't.. Would you still be able to get the bundle before it ends next week?

Edit: looks like when I tried pausing, they offered a $4 coupon and that was good enough to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
If one were to pause this month to see if HB offers a coupon, but then they don't.. Would you still be able to get the bundle before it ends next week?

Edit: looks like when I tried pausing, they offered a $4 coupon and that was good enough to stay.
Yeah, most of us try to pause to see if we get offered anything. You can always cancel right before the end or even pause and then unpause.

Humble Book Bundle: Hacking 101 by No Starch Press

torIZc3.gif

In other news, it looks like the Yogs have betrayed Humble: https://jinglejam.tiltify.com/

Whatever a Yog is, it apparently also thinks Humble has gone to shit since IGN took over. Bundle still sucks though.

This is my favorite charity btw:

XApm5bq.png

Step 1: Go to Youtube

Step 2: Upload an anime avatar

Step 3: Make lots of apprehensive comments about cisgenders and how sexist men are

(social commentary on the hypocrisy of 90% of self-proclaimed activists using their time to argue where it doesn't make a difference)

December without a Hamble Yogscast bundle? 2020 is truly the worst.

Might as well just cancel Christmas.

ZCBq1fk.gif

The games aren't bad in the jingle jam this year... if you've never bought a bundle or monthly at humble.

They're replaying today's stream and there is some guy just silently untangling lights while Christmas music plays in the background.

In other news, it looks like the Yogs have betrayed Humble: https://jinglejam.tiltify.com/

Whatever a Yog is, it apparently also thinks Humble has gone to shit since IGN took over. Bundle still sucks though.

This is my favorite charity btw:
The humpback dolphin charity is beating them right now by 11k pounds.

The games aren't bad in the jingle jam this year... if you've never bought a bundle or monthly at humble.
I actually think I don't have a few of the games on here ... mostly because they were such trash even I skipped those bundles.

I thought half the fun of the Jingle Jam bundle was the advent-calendar thing. Plus that way you didn't have to know ahead of time how crappy the game selection would be. You could rest assured knowing you just gave $30 to an extremely sketchy international NGO totally unaccountable and non-transparent to any reputable charity ratings board, and wake up each new day to check if you got a game, or Yogscast themed socks to put on your character in a game you don't actually own.

I noticed they claimed Dead in Vinland in the "about" description but only Dead in Bermuda appears in the titles.

Jingle Jam is better than ever this year.  In the same way that stepping on a nail is better than getting impaled by a piece of rebar flying off a pickup truck on the highway.

I'm wondering if we'll see Marvel Avengers this month...

Spent a fair amount of time on sale of late at %50 off and it still has shitty numbers on Steam Charts.
That would certainly be fine w/ me.

EDIT:

I'm hoping it doesn't since it'll be on Game Pass in 6 days. Choice has had way too many Game Pass games since it launched.
That's why it (Greedfall) is one of my guesses: a lot of stuff that's been on Game Pass...winds up on Choice; and also the vice versa has been true too.

Since I'm currently not on Game Pass - more reason for me to want it in a Humble Choice.

But, it's fair for people on GP not to want it on Humble - b/c they're already paying for Game Pass and want to get their $'s worth over there.

I made a full list of Humble predictions because why not:

DMC V - Headliner

Swag and Sorcery

Battalion 1944

Project Winter

We Need to go Deeper

Cliff Empire

Cardlife Creative Survival

While True: (Learn)

Bright Memory

Touhou Luna Nights

Pogostuck

Islanders

If I get more then 3 right I will declare myself the king of predictions.

Hope you're wrong only because those indies aren't great (for me) and I selfishly want an amazing bundle

DMC V - Headliner

Swag and Sorcery

Battalion 1944

Project Winter

We Need to go Deeper

Cliff Empire

Bright Memory

Touhou Luna Nights

Pogostuck

Islanders

The overall variety of games (in terms of both genre and being obscure/well-known), combined with both the timing and confidence with which you post, worries me that this is 100% accurate.

The overall variety of games (in terms of both genre and being obscure/well-known), combined with both the timing and confidence with which you post, worries me that this is 100% accurate.
No need to worry, it's just a guess. Now that I look at last month, Humble claimed the games had an MSRP of $303 and my guesses might hit half of that.

Hoping for Greedfall or MHW. I don't own MHW on PC so would be nice to have a PC copy. Also been wanting to checkout Greedfall.

I wouldn't say no to Marvel Avengers, I mean it's more of a curiosity at this point for me. I wouldn't pay for it outright but if it was in a Humble Choice, sure why not.

Hoping for Greedfall or MHW. I don't own MHW on PC so would be nice to have a PC copy. Also been wanting to checkout Greedfall.

I wouldn't say no to Marvel Avengers, I mean it's more of a curiosity at this point for me. I wouldn't pay for it outright but if it was in a Humble Choice, sure why not.
Here's the thing about Avengers, it's not bad. Like it's not a trainwreck. It's just so painfully average. It's like buying some mobile game from a movie franchise you like and then realizing they reskinned Mafia Wars.

I'm guessing one will be an FMV game, and adventure game guessing Unavowed as it hasn't been bundled. I'm guessing the headliner will be a failed AAA title, so I'm guessing The Avengers maybe. Throw in some early access simulation game that hasn't been finished, one newer indie game that just didn't sell, and an RPG likely strategy game.

Played Unavowed on GamePass. Just like everything Wadjet Eye puts out it's really good.

MHW seems like it would show up eventually. Got an MSRP drop a month or two back. Bundle the base game, get you to buy the expansion separately.

Subscriptions inside my subscriptions. Subscripception.

And it's only a free month of EA Play Pro for new subscribers. Current subscribers get a coupon for $5 off the $15/month price.

DMC V - Headliner
Swag and Sorcery
Battalion 1944
Project Winter
We Need to go Deeper
Cliff Empire
Bright Memory
Touhou Luna Nights
Pogostuck
Islanders

So you're a graduate of Trump University it sounds like...

Interesting, never thought Xseed would be including their games since I don't think they've ever had anything except an old Ys game or two in a bundle many years ago. Too bad I already bought the Zwei games. Also didn't expect Shining Resonance Refrain, which I already had. Was thinking that was less likely to be included than Valkyria Chronicles 4 since it is even more niche.

That's two items in my wishlist (One Step From Eden and Indivisible) and I heard Children Of Morta is good. So, looks good to me.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

I'd say it's far from a bad bundle, just not at all for me.

Morta is great, though. Good rogue-lite with solid structure and story.

There's at least 4-5 games in this bundle I'm interested in so it's a no-brainer for me (especially with the $4 off coupon they gave me for trying to pause the bundle).

They should rename it “The Games You Already Played on GamePass” monthly bundle ... what a load of garbage it’s been this year. Another pause ... I honestly feel a bit guilty that I just come here and complain once a month ... but it used to be so much better.

bread's done
Back