Humble Bundle Thread

Like pretty much all the Choice bundles, this one looked really bad initially, but the more I look at it, the more tempted I get.

Played a little Indivisible and Morta on XGP and didn't really like either. They were fine, but nothing in either really grabbed me.

I love Overcooked, but already have 2 through XGP. This does seem like the kind of game I'd like to have even when it leaves XGP, but I have trouble getting people to play with me and it seems like the game would be unplayable or unfun single player. Also, I just found out it has a $20 season pass, which doesn't even include the packs they're including in this bundle, so it's lacking a lot of content.

One Step from Eden looks cool, but I haven't played a game quite like it and I've heard that it gets a little too frantic.

Shining Resonance and Zwei look bad to me, but I don't really know anything about them.

Path of Giants, Struggling, and Still There all look like things I would enjoy.

Beast Inside looks like it'd be decent, but I have other horror walking sims that I haven't gotten around to, so don't know if I'd get around to this one.

I like tabletop games, but don't know if I'd ever bother with Tabletop Playground.

Not much of an adventure game fan, so I'd probably never play Frog Detective.

I'll probably skip, but since the bundle is less than $12 for me, it is still tempting for the number of decent games you get.

Been waiting for Indivisible for a while and Overcook 2 as well, so that's good enough. I own a lot of the other stuff though haven't played it all. One Step From Eden I highly recommend though the game will beat you down badly. I owned it on Switch and PC and I think the PC version performs a bit better. Hard as heck game, but worth playing. Zwei I bought ages ago and didn't play sadly. Honestly this looks more like what a Humble Indie bundle would provide, which isn't bad, but I just own a bunch of it already.

Man. Normally I can find at least one or two games that convince me not to pause the subscription and give the rest of the games a shot but this month is brutal for me. Not really anything I'm interested in and the one game I would have at least considered not pausing for I've already played on game pass.

Welp this is my resub month for classic and I'll have to think about that for a bit before I decide I want to drop $132 on it.  I have until the 25th to decide it isn't worth 11 bucks a month and forget to cancel before it auto-renews.  Okay bundle, I'd like it better if I hadn't bought the Zwei games and never played them.  I do not even remember buying them either.  Also have Morta but at least I have played it.  For like an hour.

It's sad, but Shining Resonance Refrain was the only one that really interested me this month.  Even with the $2 pause offer, the other titles weren't worth it for me. 

tenor.gif

I can count on 2 fingers the anime I'm interested in and because none of these games have any relation to those movies, i must assume this is weeb garbage.

Overcooked 2 and Children of Morta are pretty good. If you have months left on your subscription, I'd guess this is one of the best months you're going to get going forward. I mean, it's also December so I think this is representative of the best they're going to offer.

Obviously everything except the headliners is trash, as usual in the age of IGN Humble.

Of course, both the headlining titles are included in Game Pass. As is EA Play. But that's kind of the point, isn't it? Humble Bundle is an anachronism in the age of Game Pass. If you've committed to spending the money on Game Pass, and aren't interested in growing your Steam Library e-Peen, there's no reason to still be subscribed to Humble Bundle. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect that kind of hyperbole from TrumpCat, not you... maybe.. Eh, maybe not... Carry on
The stereotypical modern style of anime was pioneered by Osamu Tezuka. He was absolutely imitating the Walt Disney films he was obsessed with growing up, and has admitted so openly.

I always thought that meme was intentionally a joke about this. Obviously Snow White has massive eyes and a tiny dot nose and isn't made to "look like a real person" at all ...

Where anime went since then ... and the crazy hair thing (probably that more directly developed in manga, especially once color manga took off in the 70's around the time of big hair bands etc) ... well ...

The stereotypical modern style of anime was pioneered by Osamu Tezuka. He was absolutely imitating the Walt Disney films he was obsessed with growing up, and has admitted so openly.

I always thought that meme was intentionally a joke about this. Obviously Snow White has massive eyes and a tiny dot nose and isn't made to "look like a real person" at all ...

Where anime went since then ... and the crazy hair thing (probably that more directly developed in manga, especially once color manga took off in the 70's around the time of big hair bands etc) ... well ...
I'm not really seeing the "direct descendant" aspect. Inspired by... Maybe... There's a pretty big leap visually, in my opinion, from the snow white to the anime girl below. Hey thats just me looking at 2 pictures and saying: I don't see a direct descendant relationship there, a bit hyperbolic, maybe?

Since this is the Internet, I'm right and you are absolutely wrong. So I hope we can agree on that.

You overestimate the average internet user.

For people that traffic in meta humor, they're pretty blind to it when it applies to them.
Which is why you have so many instances where the person sharing them meme is unknowingly the actual butt of the joke.

I'm not really seeing the "direct descendant" aspect. Inspired by... Maybe... There's a pretty big leap visually, in my opinion, from the snow white to the anime girl below. Hey thats just me looking at 2 pictures and saying: I don't see a direct descendant relationship there, a bit hyperbolic, maybe?

Since this is the Internet, I'm right and you are absolutely wrong. So I hope we can agree on that.
Humans don’t look very much like chimps* and yet are directly descended from animals that looked very similar to chimps.

*I mean, your mother aside, but there’s always outliers.

Overcooked 2 and Children of Morta are pretty good. If you have months left on your subscription, I'd guess this is one of the best months you're going to get going forward. I mean, it's also December so I think this is representative of the best they're going to offer.

Obviously everything except the headliners is trash, as usual in the age of IGN Humble.

Of course, both the headlining titles are included in Game Pass. As is EA Play. But that's kind of the point, isn't it? Humble Bundle is an anachronism in the age of Game Pass. If you've committed to spending the money on Game Pass, and aren't interested in growing your Steam Library e-Peen, there's no reason to still be subscribed to Humble Bundle.
Course, some of us want a library of games where we can choose when we want to play something and not depend on a curated lineup that can change.

Not saying Game Pass isn't a good deal for what it is, but I'd rather just buy the games than pay for a subscription.

As for animation, none of it is "realistic" and it is all the better for it. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within kinda proved that point. Personally, it is all good, no matter where it comes from.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

The irony is that the anime style this image is lambasting is directly descended from old Disney animation like Snow White.
Yeah but that's like saying Humperdoo is the direct descendant of Jesus Christ.

Btw I don't really care for Disney. Walt liked Nazis, Disney is a money-grubbing conglomerate, and I'm pretty sure those animal-based Disney movies resulted in lots of furries. I also like some of the more adult anime. I just hate the uguu kawaii desu OwO *glompz* weeb nonsense that people do, and Zwei looks like exactly that nonsense:

ss_065a39f6be1823612d15c5c07c3b52746d4b0b83.600x338.jpg

Huh. I legitimately thought Squenix was trying to pretend that didn’t exist.
Maybe Squenix still feels that way.

DontNod (the dev's of this game) might've just decided to throw some shade here; and Squeenix just let this one punchline go. [shrug]

At this point Fanatical bundles are typically better than the weekly Humble bundles. Or rather, perhaps I should say Humble's weekly bundles are ordinarily worse than Fanatical's.

At this rate I'd expect the same to be the case with Humble's Choice bundles in another couple months.

Castle Story.  The game that got several of my friends to both use Kickstarter for the first time and swear off ever using it again.  I admit I'd like to have it out of curiosity but only if it shows on in one of those pick and mix Fanatical bundles or a $1 tier of a Humble, certainly not in the top tier.

Castle Story. The game that got several of my friends to both use Kickstarter for the first time and swear off ever using it again. I admit I'd like to have it out of curiosity but only if it shows on in one of those pick and mix Fanatical bundles or a $1 tier of a Humble, certainly not in the top tier.
I missed out on hearing about this one. That happened to me with Unsung Story, but surprisingly it's actually entering early access soon.

My not backing digital Kickstarter anymore stories are Cryamore, Delver's Dungeon and Soul Saga. I don't think Delver's Dungeon will ever release. Cryamore probably in the same boat and Soul Saga I get a console key once I no longer care consider it's like 6 years coming or something. Never again. I do board game Kickstarters sometime, but mainly for known projects or expansions to know entities. 

IGN blessed us with another platinum bundle today. They were selling Cat's Quest with a Cat's Quest II image. TrumpCat would not be pleased with their Fake News.

Last edited:
Just got an offer for 6 months for $36.  Kind of tempted by that... even though I can imagine that the next 6 months bundles will be awful.

The email said it's a one-use coupon, but I think they just changed the monthly price for everybody to $6.

I'm pretty tempted to use it on my second account since my primary account still has a few months pre-paid that I keep pausing. Hasn't been a single month since the change to Choice that I've been that into, but for $6 it might be cheap enough to make it worth it.

Looked around on reddit a little for info about this and it looks like it might've been working for everybody at one point, but now you need the email offer for it to work. Also, people think you'll lose your classic pricing if you do this.

Did that come via e-mail or did it pop up on the website?
It came via an email. I'm on a pause right now, so I'm not sure if that's the reason why I got it.

Here's the disclaimer.

*Single use coupon. Coupon is redeemable to subscribe to a Month-to-Month Plan of Humble Choice Classic at $6 USD a month for 6 months before any applicable taxes and fees. Coupon expires on January 1, 2021, at 09:59am PT. This price is locked in for six months, and this offer will be void if your subscription is canceled or paused.

To me, that doesn't look like it gets rid of Classic, just gives you classic for that price. Or so I would hope.

And I decided just a few days ago to let mine renew at the normal classic annual price which is almost double that.  Figures.  And also makes me think the bundle quality is going to get worse and worse and they know it.

PSA: While you are all enjoying Christmas day in your jammies.... Humble Bundle will be auto-charging you for their monthly (no) Choice bundle.

Yes, Christmas day is the last Friday of the month. The Grinch is coming.

I think this month I actually want to not pause, as One Step from Eden and the Zwei games look like they're ok enough (and not on Game Pass, Twitch Prime, or an Epic Giveaway). 

However, it really seems like if you don't like niche or genre titles, Choice has gotten really dodgy. 

You can still access the $6 a month offer by making a new Humble account, go to Humble's Facebook page and look for their post yesterday at noon. Click the link there. 

There are currently 23 bundles available on Hamble.

• 10 book bundles
  • 1 comics bundle
  • 8 software bundles
  • 4 games bundles (including December choice)

ilbsjK7.png

bread's done
Back