Humble Bundle Thread

Popup Dungeon was so boring when I played the demo....this monthly looks horrible. Shenmue 3 is OK I guess though it's bargain binned on the PS4 as well. I will take a look at the others later, but it looks like this may be a pause.

Got offered $4 off... no thanks. I don't know why I get my hopes up that this while finally be the month that it is good again.

Given the crappy monthly, I'm thinking of doing the Derp Silver build-a-bundle.  $15ish for Outward DLC, Red Faction 2, Homefront, Agents of Mayhem, and Windbound.  Agents of Mayhem will eventually be in some bundle but, given how mediocre these monthlies have been, there's no guarantee I'll like the rest of the stuff.  $4 for it is okay.  Doesn't come with the DLC but, from what I've seen, the only DLC is a couple of extra characters and some skins that I'm sure I can live without.

Well, seems all of this month's Choice will eventually be in a Fanatical bundle or given away for free (looking at you F1) at some point. 

Given the crappy monthly, I'm thinking of doing the Derp Silver build-a-bundle. $15ish for Outward DLC, Red Faction 2, Homefront, Agents of Mayhem, and Windbound. Agents of Mayhem will eventually be in some bundle but, given how mediocre these monthlies have been, there's no guarantee I'll like the rest of the stuff. $4 for it is okay. Doesn't come with the DLC but, from what I've seen, the only DLC is a couple of extra characters and some skins that I'm sure I can live without.
Outward DLC and Windbound are out of stock. Keys will probably get restocked though

Given the crappy monthly, I'm thinking of doing the Derp Silver build-a-bundle. $15ish for Outward DLC, Red Faction 2, Homefront, Agents of Mayhem, and Windbound. Agents of Mayhem will eventually be in some bundle but, given how mediocre these monthlies have been, there's no guarantee I'll like the rest of the stuff. $4 for it is okay. Doesn't come with the DLC but, from what I've seen, the only DLC is a couple of extra characters and some skins that I'm sure I can live without.
Only Mooby would rather spend more money on old ass games and some DLC than partake in the element of discovering more, newer games.

Can't you just watch Red Faction II on Youtube?

I'm on the $6 plan and still feel robbed by this Monthly.  If they're trying to convert me into a full-fledged monthly subscriber, they picked a bizarre way to go about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, guys, that bundle sure did suck on Tuesday. It just plain sucked! I've seen bundles suck before, but that was the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked! ... I gotta go, the damn wiener CAGs are reading.

x8KKVQS.jpg

I just got an email offering four months of Humble Classic at $8 a month.  Looks like it was sent to those on Classic that are paused.  Have to redeem by the 27th.  Lose discount in later months if you pause.

Humble Lego Built to Bundle

$1:

The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game

BTA:

Lego Worlds

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition

Lego Marvel's Avengers

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

$10:

Lego DC Super-Villains Deluxe Edition

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Premium Edition

BTA is about $1 less than the top tier already, so hope that you want them all.

LEGO games look OK. Where is The Incredibles and LEGO Batman 1 for those missing it? I may get it regardless. 

I've owned Lego Batman 3 on several platforms over the years, and I can never get past the second world.  It is exhausting to play, extremely linear, and not fun at all.  I've heard that Lego DC Super-Villains is a lot more open-world game.

So...I'm still deciding whether or not to bite.

I've owned Lego Batman 3 on several platforms over the years, and I can never get past the second world. It is exhausting to play, extremely linear, and not fun at all. I've heard that Lego DC Super-Villains is a lot more open-world game.

So...I'm still deciding whether or not to bite.
Marvel and DC Super-Villains were some of my favorite LEGO games. When I say Marvel, I mean any of the games in that realm. Both have open world hubs that are pretty large with lots to do in them. Fun side note: Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy voice Joker and Batman, which is great.

I tried one of the Lego Lord of the Rings games they gave away for free on Humble... seemed pretty boring.
I love LEGO games but I had a hard time finishing that one. I agree.

Didn't see it posted, but if you're stuck with the Humble Bundle standard version of Control on Steam, 505 Games has pulled all the DLC from Steam so you cannot get the missing ultimate content on Steam currently.  Looks like Humble is selling the Season Pass for 50% off so you can complete your Steam edition that way, but still sketchy as hell and another terrible move by 505 Games with how they've handled every version of the ultimate edition of Control.

Personally I'm a bit on the fence, played through standard Control via Gamepass on my Series X, picked up the free Ultimate Edition on PS5 so I have access to it all there, but once great GPU shortage of 2020-2021 wraps up it would be nice to have a complete version of Control where there are no console compromises needed. Regardless, I don't really want to start a new game of Control just for the DLC on any platform at this point, so it seems unlikely I'll ever play the DLC even with a new computer so why even bother.

IGN wants a bigger slice of the pie.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2021/04/23/a-note-about-sliders-and-our-bundle-pages/

Sliders will be replaced with predetermined splits, and the max charity contribution will be 15%.
I hear IGN is buying The Salvation Army next. From now on, when you throw coins in their little red buckets, the proceeds default to going directly to IGN, and the bell-ringer will inform you of an option to go donate to sick children if you choose.

Didn't see it posted, but if you're stuck with the Humble Bundle standard version of Control on Steam, 505 Games has pulled all the DLC from Steam so you cannot get the missing ultimate content on Steam currently. Looks like Humble is selling the Season Pass for 50% off so you can complete your Steam edition that way, but still sketchy as hell and another terrible move by 505 Games with how they've handled every version of the ultimate edition of Control.

Personally I'm a bit on the fence, played through standard Control via Gamepass on my Series X, picked up the free Ultimate Edition on PS5 so I have access to it all there, but once great GPU shortage of 2020-2021 wraps up it would be nice to have a complete version of Control where there are no console compromises needed. Regardless, I don't really want to start a new game of Control just for the DLC on any platform at this point, so it seems unlikely I'll ever play the DLC even with a new computer so why even bother.
I never play a game long enough to make it to the DLC, so this is a concern that I would probably never have.

I never play a game long enough to make it to the DLC, so this is a concern that I would probably never have.
You know, you don't have to play it all at once.

I bought Control: Ultimate late last year - and only played through Control base-game then. I later tried to tackle the DLC's quite recently. Ain't finished those (i.e. they're tough) - but what's there in Foundation DLC & AWE DLC is story and lore important in many ways.

Crap, I've had Fallout 4 & its Season Pass for years - and I just recently tackled Nuka World DLC.

Recently tackled the DLC's for DA2, DAI, and ME2, yet owning them all for some time - and I'm glad I did, as a lot of that stuff is actually an improvement (i.e. go see DA2 DLC's); set-up for the next game (i.e. see DAI's Trespasser DLC); and/or important in some sort of way.

Maybe you don't. I can say from experience that, once I finish a game, the chance of me going back later to do DLC is really close to zero.
I feel the same way. If I'm invested in a story I want to see it through, not come back a year later and spend half my time trying to remember who is who and what the hell is actually going on.

Or if there’s some complexity to the gameplay, if I come back months later and can’t remember what I was planning out, I’ll feel like I need to restart the whole thing and end up just indefinitely putting it off.

Not seeing a "wrong" opinion on DLC here... I mostly try to buy complete editions of games due to DLC but if there's something I really want I'll jump on it before then... I feel this happens about once or twice a year. If I like it I'll pick up DLC later on to help support the games I really like and which gave me good bang for my buck.

I feel the same way. If I'm invested in a story I want to see it through, not come back a year later and spend half my time trying to remember who is who and what the hell is actually going on.
But the problem w/ some games and their DLC's - the DLC's really aren't entire separate stories like in the old expansion days. More and more of them seem to be tying in or be "Director's Cuts" here, working in and/or adding stuff that is actually crucial or important to the game's lore, franchise, story, or whatever.

Let's start like say DA: Inquisition, in particular here - is that Trespasser DLC will set-up Dragon Age 4.

DA:I's base-game ending is a cliffhanger and also gives zero closure to your party members. Trespasser DLC actually wraps-up a lot of stuff w/ your party members, w/ actual final panels and info-wrap-ups of text, cool drawing & stuff about them, based on what you did & whatnot - i.e. think like what BG2: TOB did at the end, wrapping up everything as a huge Prologue with info on every party member you dealt with. Also, DA:I's cliffhanger and reasons why that happened, is explained in DA:I Trespasser DLC.

Pretty much, the two Dishonored 1 DLC's set-up the villain to have her awesome & shocking opening in Dishonored 2. If you play Dishonored 2 without the DLC's - you'll basically, at the start, have no clue about this villain and her motivations; and the "oh crap" moment won't exist at all b/c you ain't played the DLC's from Dishonored 1.

If you don't play DA2's Legacy DLC, you'll be WAY less informed about the evil that is pretty much your final boss in DA:I. I didn't really think that much about Corypheus as a villain in DA:I as it felt tact-on to me, but it wasn't until way later playing DA2: Legacy DLC that I realized how important this enemy of Hawke's and the Inquisitor's really was. They didn't explain much of him & his important in DAI b/c...well, that was already done in DA2's Legacy DLC.

More and more of them seem to be tying in or be "Director's Cuts" here, working in and/or adding stuff that is actually crucial or important to the game's lore, franchise, story, or whatever.
That's a failure on the game developer's part, not a failing on the consumer for not wanting to pay extra for the "real story" and being expected to return to an unfinished game when the developer gets around to publishing the DLC. If the next game is incomprehensible to people who didn't play the previous DLC, the proper response is "This game sucks, I'm going to stop buying this franchise".

That's a failure on the game developer's part, not a failing on the consumer for not wanting to pay extra for the "real story" and being expected to return to an unfinished game when the developer gets around to publishing the DLC. If the next game is incomprehensible to people who didn't play the previous DLC, the proper response is "This game sucks, I'm going to stop buying this franchise".
I think we're going to see more of this, as it's easier to release base-game in - well, whatever state it's in, by the original deadline. Doesn't seem like companies always want to push back release dates that often...though I wonder if more will change their mind, after seeing CP 2077's launch.

With expansions, DLC's, patches, re-re-releases and whatnot being so the norm these days and even expected - they (dev's and pub's) can always release DLC's/expansions that finish or wrap-up story stuff later...no matter whether they planned to hold off on it, couldn't get certain stuff b/c of base-game deadline, or whatever the case is. People seem to still buy this stuff anyways, so... [shrug]

I can see developers, publishers, or whatever either purposely holding certain DLC's, stories, quests, or things of that sort that are really important off to do later - just to get more sales in the Season Passes, DLC's, Expansion Packs, Expansion Passes, or Re-Released Edition w/ Everything. So, it might not always be the developers' fault either - as the publisher might be forcing them to kick it out the door, at some point.

This is probably especially true....when you have investors, publishers, and whatnot kicking games out the door before they're even finished or really ready.

I can also even see publishers - i.e. I'm looking at you, Paradox - wanting to just cut-off already done-content from the base-game and sell it as DLC's later; i.e. what I wonder could happen w/ Bloodlines 2, as the original crew's no longer in charge with it.

But, to say something isn't good and you won't buy the franchise b/c of these practices & tactics - eh, well, I think I got more out of what BioWare's doing w/ the DA series for those 170 hours w/ DAO Ultimate, 70 or so hours w/ DA2 & its DLC Package, and around 200 hours w/ DAI GOTY...than probably say what DICE has done w/ say 10-20 hours each that I probably got w/ say Battlefield 1 & 5.

But, to say something isn't good and you won't buy the franchise b/c of these practices & tactics - eh, well, I think I got more out of what BioWare's doing w/ the DA series for those 170 hours w/ DAO Ultimate, 70 or so hours w/ DA2 & its DLC Package, and around 200 hours w/ DAI GOTY...than probably say what DICE has done w/ say 10-20 hours each that I probably got w/ say Battlefield 1 & 5.
Are you seriously comparing an RPG to your play time in a competitive multiplayer game with a tacked on SP campaign? lolwut? I mean, I have a bajillion hours in Division 2 but I don't think that reflects on Dragon Age in any meaningful way.

Anyway, I don't give a shit if you (or whoever) are willing and able to return to a game 6-9 months after "finishing" it to play some DLC. I don't think that's wrong or any sort of failing. I'm just saying that I'm personally not going to do it. Not to take a moral stand or fight for consumer rights or anything else, I just won't find the enthusiasm and interest to return to the game down the line to play another handful of story. This is just the voice of experience talking; even for games I legitimately enjoyed, it's a very rare event that I'll go back to play DLC that was released after the fact. And, if the developer is banking on me doing so in order to properly tell their story and keep me interested in their franchise... they just made a bad call.

bread's done
Back