Humble Bundle Thread

Yeah, I'm debating the bundle mostly for Injustice 2 with the other games being bonuses.

The BTA being what it is really makes the top tier the only one worth considering.

The first Injustice has certainly been free before, can't find anything on the sequel. The Legendary Edition has been as low as ~$10 from what I can tell.
Maybe I’m confusing the two, which would add a bit more value back in, but I still feel like Power Rangers isn’t worth mentioning without the DLC, and Injustice 2 and Killer Instinct alone aren’t really worth $12 unless you’re really into western fighting games.

If you somehow don’t own both Mortal Kombat and SC6, the $12 price becomes... decent, I guess.

Yeah, I'm debating the bundle mostly for Injustice 2 with the other games being bonuses.

The BTA being what it is really makes the top tier the only one worth considering.
Feels like this has been a trend for weeks/months now: Single game in the $1 tier, mediocre stuff in the BTA, all the good stuff in the highest tier. So the BTA ends up being so close to the highest tier that it makes no sense to choose it.

Maybe I’m confusing the two, which would add a bit more value back in, but I still feel like Power Rangers isn’t worth mentioning without the DLC, and Injustice 2 and Killer Instinct alone aren’t really worth $12 unless you’re really into western fighting games.

If you somehow don’t own both Mortal Kombat and SC6, the $12 price becomes... decent, I guess.
I prefer Eastern fighting games but I love KI. Very underrated game.

The base game for Power Rangers is only worth it imo because it supports crossplay between 4.5 platforms (Stadia counts as a half) and the rollback netcode is pretty good. I paid $2 for the base Xbox/Win 10 version and got my money's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I know from what my son likes, KI and Power Rangers and Slap City were great, Soul Calibur VI wasn't to his tastes, and NetherRealm's fighting games all suck.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

and NetherRealm's fighting games all suck.
I'm a fighting game fan that can acknowledge... I'm just not really great at them. Sure, I know all the original Street Fighter combos, but not the new stuff, because it just got waaaay too complicated for those of us that don't devote their lives to the genre.

But I really had a great time with both Injustice and Injustice 2. My random button mashing gets me through normal difficulties. Both of them have really great story modes and lots of extras to keep you coming back. It helps, of course, if you're a big DC fan.

Considering getting the theHunter bundle because it looks interesting and worth trying out at $1 to see if I like it, but then I hear it's not really playable without ATVs and tents and weapon pack 2, which is in the mid-bundle. And at that point why not just spend a little more and get the complete bundle at $15? And at that point I'm thinking about if a game I hardly even know if I'll enjoy or play at all is worth spending $15 on, and wouldn't you know it now I'm not considering it anymore. 

Having none of the titles in the fighting game bundle, I bought it. Never really been huge into the genre, but I do like them, in moderation. Probably won't use the coupons for SCVI season passes. We'll see.

Considering getting the theHunter bundle because it looks interesting and worth trying out at $1 to see if I like it, but then I hear it's not really playable without ATVs and tents and weapon pack 2, which is in the mid-bundle. And at that point why not just spend a little more and get the complete bundle at $15? And at that point I'm thinking about if a game I hardly even know if I'll enjoy or play at all is worth spending $15 on, and wouldn't you know it now I'm not considering it anymore.
I tried theHunter, and while it's a pretty neat game, I just wasn't into it enough to keep it when I bought it. For a buck? You can't really go wrong.

You *could* always buy it on Steam, play it (for less than 2 hours), refund it, and pick it up on Humble if you like it enough?

A bit tempted by the Paradox strategy bundle for $18 … I skipped the Humble choice with Planetfall and Empire of Sin was fun on Xbox. You guys think it’s worth $18?

A bit tempted by the Paradox strategy bundle for $18 … I skipped the Humble choice with Planetfall and Empire of Sin was fun on Xbox. You guys think it’s worth $18?
I think the build your own bundles (with Choice discount) present a better deal than this particular bundle, simply because you get to choose what you want and what you do not. If you're interested in the core games, then go for it, but realize the DLC is where the money is made.

Also, the buck tier is just meh, to me.

My back up Humble account got the $6 each for three months offer, so I paused on my main account and re-upped that way.  

These games aren't that bad, but Syberia 3 has been offered for free in the past.  Katana Zero was fun but challenging on Game Pass.

I agree the Paradox Strategy bundle is a bit meh. I believe the better bundles to get from them are the ones with a base game of something like Stellaris and a bunch of DLC. As has been said the DLC is where the money is and there is usually boatloads with some really enhancing the base game or completing it. They had a build your own DLC bundle recently on the Humble store with up to 70% off I think which was nice. It's how I got the DLC I wanted at least.

So, I got one of the $6/month for the next 3 months of Humble Choice emails. If I did redeem it, does my plan revert back to classic after the 3 months is up?

If my math is correct, you have two more days to pause this month's bundle.

I got no discount offer this time when I paused. Either I'm the outlier in my disgust for this $12 bundle or everyone is cancelling and Humble has conceded defeat.

So, I got one of the $6/month for the next 3 months of Humble Choice emails. If I did redeem it, does my plan revert back to classic after the 3 months is up?
Yes. A $6 coupon gets applied during the promo months, then stops after. Your plan doesn't change.
I paused on my main account and went for the $6 a month on my back-up account, so I plan to unpause on my main account after 3 months has passed and then cancel on my back-up. I'm hoping this doesn't present a problem, but $6 a month is much better than $12 a month for games that I barely install.

I got no discount offer this time when I paused. Either I'm the outlier in my disgust for this $12 bundle or everyone is cancelling and Humble has conceded defeat.
I think I was offered $4 or something but I've taken advantage of other similar offers in the past so maybe the higher amounts are for people who pause less.

I think I was offered $4 or something but I've taken advantage of other similar offers in the past so maybe the higher amounts are for people who pause less.
I’m fairly certain it’s more or less random. I’ve picked up one monthly and two choices and have gotten $4 off offers for the last three months in a row, and have also gotten long stretches without an offer.

I got the $6 for 3 months offer in my email on the 12th. Maybe because I've paused quite a lot lately. The last choice bundle I bought was June's.

Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Bundle

Good $1 tier if you haven't gotten any of these in the past. Weird that Sonic Mania has DLC in the BTA tier when the base game is in the top tier, but whatever.

$1+:

Sonic Adventure 2 

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle Mode DLC

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II

BTA:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection

Sonic Generation Collection

Sonic Lost World

Sonic Mania - Encore DLC

$10:

Team Sonic Racing

Sonic Mania

Sonic Forces - Digital Bonus Edition

Already have everything, but that's a good price for all those games.

Already have everything, but that's a good price for all those games.
I think the only omissions are the Genesis Sonic games (1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, CD, spin-off stuff like 3D Blast & Spinball), most likely due to the upcoming Origins collection. Solid bundle (for newbies).

Missing Sonic Racing the original (likely not needed), the 2 episode games, Lost World, Encore DLC and some Transformed DLC (yogcast gross). May get it for the newer Sonic Racing game, since it's cheap enough.

Is there a fix to get SA1 & SA2 running on a monitor that's higher than 60hz?

$1+:

Sonic Adventure 2 

Sonic Adventure DX

Is there a fix to get SA1 & SA2 running on a monitor that's higher than 60hz?

$1+:

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Adventure DX

I think nvidia drivers let you put a cap on a game.

Some games use the windows desktop refresh rate. You may want to try setting that to 60 before starting the game if you cant find options in the AMD display drivers. Also try looking up AMD Frame Rate Target Control

I appreciate the info, but I have an all AMD gaming laptop (R7 & RX 5600 M) with a 144Hz monitor and I can't seem to find an option to change that in their drivers.
Okay, you have AMD on the GPU (the RX 5600m). This might be different, if the option's even there. Go into the AMD Catalyst Control Center and see if you can set a profile to limit for said game. See if there's options to mess w/ the framerates.

If there ain't one - go install MSI Afterburner, set up a profile (Global or per game), run that in the background while running a game, and limit FPS to whatever you desire.

A safe bet when limiting FPS - intervals of 30fps.

Often, 30fps or 60fps is usually supported.

A lot of older games either work well and are targeted at 30fps or 60fps (Commonly supported FPS on consoles or PC), so you can always lock it in either of those 2 areas, if need be.

bread's done
Back