Humble Bundle Thread

I like this bundle. I guess I'm weird :whistle2:k

I guess it helps it's only $6 for me
Only three games I'd see myself playing are Maneater (and they'd have to remove Denuvo first), Endzone, and Voidigo. I'm pretty sure I can get at least a $4 discount from fake-pausing (which is what I believe I have been offered recently), but I doubt I would even try this other stuff. Two multiplayer only games as part of the 'top row draw' is off-putting for me.

Only three games I'd see myself playing are Maneater (and they'd have to remove Denuvo first), Endzone, and Voidigo. I'm pretty sure I can get at least a $4 discount from fake-pausing (which is what I believe I have been offered recently), but I doubt I would even try this other stuff. Two multiplayer only games as part of the 'top row draw' is off-putting for me.
Wait, you play games? I thought you were the entity here before the rest of us, assuming we are all squatting in your proverbial cesspool?

I got the bundle and will not be adding the two MP games, more so since Mordhau has a really bad history of a pretty intolerable playerbase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any actual difference between classic plan and choice at this point? Seems like choice gets all the games every month now. 

Already beat Maneater on Xbox but I'm happy to get it cheap for PC (it's really fun) though I wish it came with the Truth Quest DLC. Mordhau is cool, everything else is meh.
Glad I skipped the $99/year plan this time. Just gonna ride out these $6/month promos as long as I can.

Dangerous Worlds Bundle.

Note: ALL Steam keys.

$1 Tier:

-> Among Us

-> Kingdom: New Lands

BTA Tier:

-> Generation Zero 

-> Kingdom: Two Crowns

-> 50% off Coupon for Kingdom: Two Crowns Norse Lands DLC from Humble Store

$12 Tier:

- State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition (Steam-version...which also requires Xbox for PC App).

- Lemnis Gate

Fairly decent bundle to me. Has humble just stopped caring about Choice and focuses on the bundles more now? The more recent bundles have been pretty decent compared to choice.

Looks like a poopy bundle to me. Course I've never thought super highly of the Kingdoms games. Among Us has officially left the building and got murdered on the way out.

The dollar tier is decent. $12 is decent as well, it's just that the BTA is straight up trash for anyone that subs to Choice so that makes this bundle not great for me. Also I tried Among Us on Epic when it was free but it wouldn't let me register/login or whatever so I was forced to have guest privileges. Not sure if that ever got fixed so the Steam version is probably the way to go. I'm only interested in State of Decay 2 and among us, so the price is a bit high

Got most of them, might get the $1 tier bundle just for Among Us.

The only other title I dont have is State of Decay 2 but...I'll wait for a steeper discount, might bite the steam bundle when it goes on sale (the one with the first game).

Have been wanting SOD2 and $12 is lower than it's lowest price on Steam to date.  However, other stuff is pretty mediocre.

Dangerous Worlds Bundle.

Note: ALL Steam keys.

$1 Tier:

-> Among Us

-> Kingdom: New Lands

BTA Tier:

-> Generation Zero

-> Kingdom: Two Crowns

-> 50% off Coupon for Kingdom: Two Crowns Norse Lands DLC from Humble Store

$12 Tier:

- State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition (Steam-version...which also requires Xbox for PC App).

- Lemnis Gate
Having played the hell out of GZ, and owning SoD2 on both windows and steam, I like this bundle, and would buy it if I didn't have those 2 games already.

Yeah, I don't see SOD2 getting much lower than $12 on its own even with the discount of the Steam bundle with the other games.  Amazingly I've found two regular bundles I find more appealing than the Choice.

It would take a 66% off sale on Steam (or Fanatical) to drop it to $10 (not counting the bonus discount if you have the others) so it's possible.  I figure the other stuff is worth at least $2 to check out.

Send me back in time to when I bought SOD2 before they brought it to Steam only to add it to the backlog.

The Humble Manga Bundle: Lone Wolf & Cub by Koike from Dark Horse ends today.  According to the Humble Reddit, the highest tier includes the entire saga.

Now see, I'm on the fence, because I just want SoD2, but think $12 is perhaps still a bit too high?
Honestly, I am not a big zombie game kinda guy - but this being 3rd person rather than first person, and having had the opportunity to play it via Gamepass sold me on it. Wish I could say buy and try, then return, but if you're getting it via the bundle, that's not really doable :|

Looked up XIII after being included in a new bundle and it has a whopping 13% on Steam.

Microids Game & Comics Collection

$12 All 50 items.

Games:

$1 tier

Garfield Kart

Syberia 1

Syberia 2

BTA Tier

Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders

Asterix & Obelix XXL 2

Asterix & Obelix XXL 3 - The Crystal Menhir

XIII Classic

$12 Tier

Asterix & Obelix XXL: Romastered

XIII

Blacksad: Under the Skin
Syberia 3 Deluxe Edition
Garfield Kart - Furious Racing
The Bluecoats: North vs South

The games and comics bundle is interesting, though I'll probably ultimately pass since I really only want Blacksad: Under the Skin. May do some more research into the comics included.

The Blacksad comics are fantastic, and I really wish they were clearer about exactly what is included in "Blacksad 1". I'm assuming it's only the first story, and it's a shame that the rest aren't included.

I don't think the Games n Comics bundle is better than the Monthly Choice from a pure game perspective. Maybe that's just me.

The other two are massively awesome deals, though.

I kinda want to buy that Microids bundle. But I can't shake the feeling that a week after I pull the trigger on it, all of that shit is gonna be in a dollar bundle over on Fanatical.

Oh and I just noticed that it is now impossible to stiff humble. They get their 15% no matter what. I'm sure that this is old news to most of you. But it's been forever since I bought a bundle from humble.

Greedfall is made by a janky developer so I'm not sure why it gets so much traction here.  I'll check it out eventually but at bundle fodder prices.

Greedfall is made by a janky developer so I'm not sure why it gets so much traction here.
Does it? I think I'm the only one who played any of it around here and my review was "Janky RPG basically worth playing only if you're intrigued by the Age of Sail/Pike & Shot era setting."

I like it but I have a soft spot in my heart (or head) for janky RPGs and do like the setting change. But I wouldn't be "You gotta play this" about it to most people.

So I have a question about the annual plan. If I were to buy it, it says that I would be charged the following year to its regular price. However, my understanding is that I would get 11 monthly credits that I can as my discretion after this month. If I were to pause at any point before my scheduled repayment, would I still be charged at that point next year, would it delay it for as many months as I paused, or would they simply not charge me again until I run out of credits?

You're basically buying 12 credits and once you use them all you have to buy more... so a yearly could actually last you two years or longer.

There's no limit to the number of times you pause but you do have to tell them to pause each month.

Okay, so when it says under My Membership that my subscription will automatically review on December 27th, 2022, that is Humble operating under the assumption that I will never pause and if I do, it will keep pushing the date back? Regardless, thanks for the info. I had previously been a Choice subscriber, and a Monthly subscriber back in 2018, for a preset month-to-month duration due to a promotion they ran last year, but pausing wasn't allowed with that, so I was unsure how things changed/worked with buying a pre-paid subscription.

Greedfall is made by a janky developer so I'm not sure why it gets so much traction here. I'll check it out eventually but at bundle fodder prices.
B/c they (Spiders) make BioWare-style RPG's that BioWare don't seem to really make anymore, namely since ME: Andromeda failed as a RPG for most gamers.

DA:I was probably the last real and great BioWare style RPG from BioWare. I hope they can turn it around w/ DA4, but...I doubt most of us ain't certain w/ them, given their mass exodus of core BioWare type of crew over the years. IT feels like EA has already did their corporate takeover at BioWare.

So...we RPG gamers have to find someone else, who's willing and can make this type of game - Spiders is doing just that, on a AA Level.

Also, the settings they (Spiders) choose also have some kind of unique and/or interesting twists to them, compared to most of the typical sci-fi, post-apoc, and traditional fantasy over-used settings for RPG's - Mars: War Logs is on Mars in a penal colony in a sci-fi future; Technomancer takes place in a sci-fi future gone horribly wrong in the Mars: War Logs Universe; and Greedfall takes place in a Colonial type of setting.

While Spiders might sit more so in the AA space, they still are doing a good job here and actually are improving w/ every title.

EDIT:

Piranha Bytes of old was a good studio. Gothic, despite flaws, pioneered many things you see in modern third person/action RPGs. Greedfall was developed by Spiders who don't have a decent title to their name.
Full-fledged voice acting, immersive game-worlds w/ character doing stuff like they would in a real world, NPC's on schedules - yep, PB's been doing this for years and we all know that many CRPG's have been taking that style for years (i.e. go see Elder Scrolls, which has been biting them forever, for starters - namely since Oblivion).

Also, I'd say ELEX is their best game since the original Gothic and also the first Risen game, IMHO. A lot of the eurojank, weirdness, over-the-top-ness, stilted-ness, corny-ness, campy-ness, and their interesting stuff here makes more sense in say ELEX than any of their other games. There's this kind of fantasy, sci-fi & post-apoc' mixture thing going on here, which feels ridiculous - and is often interesting and unique, which lends to a lot of their problems that don't entirely work in their other games...and embraces them here and they obviously are self-aware about it; it just seems more fitting here.

Have not gotten around to ELEX but Risen definitely took a nosedive after the first game.
Control-wise, Risen got a bit more awkward w/ Risen 2. Namely, it was more logical to use a controller w/ that one...and also Risen 3. It's just awkward trying to hold the right mouse to lock-on and having an unlocked camera. It might've gotten easier to deal w/ in Risen 3 b/c players had time to adjust - but if you didn't adjust yet, you were still screwed; it's much different w/ the unlocked camera, when compared to Risen 1. It's a learning curve - and I don't think most PC gamers were on-board w/ the control changes and camera changes in Risen 2 and beyond. While unlocked-cam made it easier to attack different enemies, you had to hold the button to get locked on an enemy.

I do think we had a time period - namely around Risen 2 and Witcher 2, where developers were trying to make more console-like control schemes that were better suited for game-pads (since the Xbox was taking off as a platform, in the Xbox OG and 360 era) and they still hadn't figured out how to ALSO adapt that style to say KB/mouse controls that can work; and PC gamers hadn't entirely came around to controllers yet since that just wasn't entirely the norm here yet.

I really enjoyed Risen 2's pirate setting w/ the voodoo magic too (yeah all of that was cool, but I still missed them tossing old-school magic out here) and also Risen 3 adding in also some of the medieval elements with it (i.e. bringing old-school magic back). The settings, stories, and decision-making were still the reasons to play Risen 2 and 3. I really thought they nailed the pirate setting in Risen 2 especially. But, I think an issue some could've had w/ Risen 3 - it felt more like a Risen 2 expansion than a new game & new game-world there, as they rehashed a lot of content from Risen 2 into Risen 3 and remixed it...so some might've been "meh" on Risen 3 by then, especially if they didn't buy it cheap.

I dunno, but by now - especially w/ Souls games here and all; and Xbox for Windows PC support has been around for a while; and Valve even adding Playstation pad support to Steam - I think most PC Gamers are used to gamepad support here and now at least have Xbox for Windows controllers (or newer), so....eh; they now are used to it & also using those gamepad schemes by now. And you might have more console gamers coming over to PC, since gamepads are more common-place here now and supported here too.

EDIT 2:

Now that MysterD fakeybroed a copy I’m perfectly fine with Greedfall coming to Choice.
Hope my sacrifice worked for you and all. ;)

I've always had a soft spot for fakeybro'ing long-winded RPG's - yes, even those w/ Eurojank.

bread's done
Back