The Henry Stickmin Collection

Farmer's Destiny

Between The Stars

Retrowave

Midnight Protocol

Extras:

Project Winter OST - MP3 / FLAC

Last edited by a moderator:
Man... i just had to buy Mafia Definitive for $10 during that sale some months back. I was hoping for at least Ni No Kuni, Tales of Vesperia, Yakuza 4, or something along those lines, but nothing else here looks appealing to me.

Last edited:
Between the Stars - I thought I had that; it was in the Choose Wisely HB with other Quantic Dream games.

$12 for Mafia 1: Definitive is a great deal; the game's great. But that's ONLY provided you didn't get it in the HB Store $10 Glitch; or that you didn't buy either Mafia 1: Definitive for $10 or Mafia Trilogy for $20 from Epic in the current sale already.

Would've loved to have seen Yakuza 4 in this here - but "meh". 

I didn't buy Mafia 1 from the glitch cuz I figured it'd get bundled eventually. This bundle seems worth it for that and Project Winter for me. Don't care about the other games

Actually have Mafia II as a freebie some time ago (and a free upgrade to Definitive Edition when it came out). Don't know if the rest is worth it, tho.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

avqQ0j5.jpg

KRZihZX.jpg

Seems okay.  Pretty sure I have a rolling $4 off coupon giving the number of times I've paused.

Hold the phone... Project Winter is multiplayer only...  seems less than okay now.  Also Retrowave is a $2 game that's now on sale for $1.  Rebel Cops is a spinoff of 'This is the Police' which I hated... and most everything in here has a relatively low list price, anyway.

Honestly this is kind of trash.

Mafia will be bundled again somewhere down the line.  Between the Stars, Rustler, and Retrowave seem like perfect candidates for Fanatical, too.

Actually might just get it for Mafia. It's doing all the heavy lifting this month. Iron Harvest is on Game Pass, Project Winter is MP only and seems to really need a large group to enjoy, and the rest are destined for a future Fanatical BYOB.

If I didn't already own Iron Harvest on GoG this would be a win for that alone. I guess I'll pick it up for cheap Mafia (to complete the Mafia collection that I've never played) and try Between the Stars, which I kinda liked the demo. The Rustler demo last year was fun for 20-30mins but the controls were wonky. A cheap Project Winter is good because it is MP only.

Mafia's probably fine and good but isn't my cup of tea since I've already got too many action games since I don't play them much. Likewise Iron Harvest. And of the other games I'm just so mildly interested in Midnight Protocol and Henry Stickmin I'm not sure I'd even want to cough up a dollar each. Oh well.

Yes, this month's Humble is not a good deal. Nor could it ever be, when free Epic/Twitch games and Game Pass exist. But no, it hasn't been better during the current decade, and no, Fanatical is not anywhere close to a better deal.

Yes, this month's Humble is not a good deal. Nor could it ever be, when free Epic/Twitch games and Game Pass exist. But no, it hasn't been better during the current decade, and no, Fanatical is not anywhere close to a better deal.
When Fanatical effectively charges between 50 and 60 cents a game, it's a better deal. Humble Choice has been extremely mediocre with headliners for a long time now and the filler is just Fanatical stuff, anyway.

When Fanatical effectively charges between 50 and 60 cents a game, it's a better deal. Humble Choice has been extremely mediocre with headliners for a long time now and the filler is just Fanatical stuff, anyway.
Mafia Definitive Edition isn't ever going to be 60 cents on fanatical. If you are in it for just for the price of games and are not concerned with higher quality games, yeah sure Fanatical is a better "deal". If you want a "deal" on better quality games then Humble is better. They are both deals. One is for better quality games and one is for lesser quality games. So you are both right. A deal on a BMW is still a deal, just a like a deal for a Mazda is.

50 cents a game? You have to buy 10+ games to get the Fanatical bundle per-game prices down to 50 cents a game, but there are never more than two Humble-filler quality games in any Fanatical build-your-own.

How much are you paying for Humble? $7 a month, I hope. That's 70 cents a game.

$7 gets you two games from Fanatical's January "Platinum Collection Build Your Own Bundle", which is their version of Humble Choice.

Which two games from that bundle were a better deal than these 10 Humble Choice games? Not a single one of them was Humble-filler quality.

It's not even close.

If Fanatical ever had games anywhere near the quality of the better stuff in each Humble Choice, we'd all be ecstatically happy, even though we'd call it "shit" when it appears in the Humble bundle.

How much are you paying for Humble? $7 a month, I hope.
While some people may have gotten grandfathered into better rates or gotten limited time deals, Humble themselves value their monthly at a ludicrous twenty bucks a month.

Mafia Definitive Edition isn't ever going to be 60 cents on fanatical. If you are in it for just for the price of games and are not concerned with higher quality games, yeah sure Fanatical is a better "deal". If you want a "deal" on better quality games then Humble is better. They are both deals. One is for better quality games and one is for lesser quality games. So you are both right. A deal on a BMW is still a deal, just a like a deal for a Mazda is.
Mazdas are better quality than bmws though. For that you are mainly going for the brand like Mercedes, Cadillac and so on.

Or for a clothing example Adidas and Nike.

As for the game never going for a low price how do you know that for certain? Generally nearly every game drops once it becomes old\outdated besides some series (trails, anything ff,) where those companies just never seem to lower the price further than 8 bucks or so.

As for the game never going for a low price how do you know that for certain? Generally nearly every game drops once it becomes old\outdated besides some series (trails, anything ff,) where those companies just never seem to lower the price further than 8 bucks or so.
Nothing is for certain. Let me put it this way, since the inception of humble monthlies, how many headliner games have been on fanatical's bargain bundles of 50 cents per game? I did a quick look, and since 2015, I don't see a single example. So history has shown the likely-hood is close to zero.

$7 gets you two games from Fanatical's January "Platinum Collection Build Your Own Bundle", which is their version of Humble Choice.

Which two games from that bundle were a better deal than these 10 Humble Choice games?
For me at least, Shantae Half-Genie Hero Ultimate and Iconoclasts for $7 comes pretty close to Mafia DE + those 9 other games for $8, even if I only bought the latter. Two games I would play through vs. one.

Not a single one of them was Humble-filler quality.
Valfaris, Trine 4, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Rock of Ages 3, Out of Space, Fury Unleashed, and Encodya were all in Monthlies/Choices previously.

But as much as I don't care for the vast majority of Choice bundles anymore, I at least still buy them on occasion. Haven't made a single purchase at Fanatical yet. The Choice bundles are indeed objectively good deals so long as you're grandfathered into the Classic plan, even if they've gotten worse over the years (which is not so much their fault as it is Microsoft's, Amazon's, and Epic's).

Fanatical I generally only buy if the bundles generally have more unbundled than bundled, like the deck building one, or a Star deal with all the DLC, such as Neverwinter Nights full pack (great price). Last year I also bought one build a bundle since I wanted at least 7 games or whatever for $20 (6 were on the wish list). I actually somewhat like the new Humble Choice barely other than the multiplayer only game (just never will play) and the Farmer early access trash. The neon racer thing is cool, but also isn't Humble Choice worthy since it's so damn cheap on sale ($1). This is the worst bundle in months, but I'd rather get it over the fanatical 7 for $19.99, although that has excellent stuff too like the Baldur's Gate games. Humble Choice other games get bundled all the time, though the headliners generally only in expensive bundles.

While I’m personally considering the current Humble primarily because of Mafia, let me just check a few current Fanatical bundles and list all the games I can find in them that I’m more interested in playing than Mafia:

The Falconeer
Baldur’s Gate EE
Baldur’s Gate II EE
Blacksad
Tokyo Xanadu eX+
Synergia
The Letter
Virgo vs the Zodiac
Republique
Hob

Are these games valued as highly in key resale? No. Have they been bundled before? Most, if not all, of them, sure. Are they likely to see discounts about this deep again? Yes.

Does that make any of them lesser games for it? No. Some of these are sitting on higher review scores than Mafia Definitive; all of them intrigue me more than Mafia, which, as already mentioned, I AM interested in. The arguments I’ve been seeing to support the idea that Humble is a superior value to Fanatical seem to consist of unqualified dismissal of rebundled titles—as if waiting for games to be rebundled is some ridiculous practice compared to waiting for them to be bundled in the first place?—and some misplaced, almost snobbish preference for popular games. I’ve seen access to “indie darlings” brought up as an argument for Humble’s quality, while several of the admittedly obscure games I’ve been interested in on Fanatical are sitting on 89% positive and better ratings on Steam. Is every Fanatical bundle a winner? Hardly. Does that mean you can’t get high quality games in a Fanatical bundle? Hardly. If you can find a Fanatical bundle with a good number of games of interest, it’s almost always a better value than a Humble Monthly that only has a couple. And for my part, I more often find Fanatical bundles with a good number of games of interest than I do Humble Monthly bundles with more than a couple.

Also:
How much are you paying for Humble? $7 a month, I hope. That's 70 cents a game.
Unless you’re locked in to buying the Monthly every single month, how on earth are you getting $7 per bundle? The highest pause coupons I’ve heard of are $4, and even those aren’t consistently offered. And if you’re buying months before you even know what’s in them (ie, mystery boxes), that’s hardly comparable to buying bundles when you actually know the contents.

Perfectly reasonable points from everyone.

I actually don't even know how much I'm spending on Humble since I'm grandfathered in with a bunch of prepaid months. I pause so often I doubt I'll ever run out of months, so fair enough if $7 is unrealistic for others. And yeah, $20 a month is laughable, but I'm sure I'm not paying that and I doubt most are. You can usually pick up even complete bundles on the resale market for significantly less than that.

I'm really not making much of a point here, I agree the Humble bundles aren't worth it and I'm pausing as much as everyone else: I just don't seriously believe there's any other game in town that's much better, or has been for several years now. Certainly not on Fanatical. This is the new normal.

Was Shantae and the Pirate's Curse really in a monthly? I thought it was in an Overwhelmingly Positive bundle ... in 2017. That's half a decade ago. I don't know if Humble was even owned by IGN back then.

And it's still quite expensive on Fanatical at ~$3, more than it was in the Humble bundle. I should know, I posted on here back when Pirate's Curse, Half Genie Hero Ultimate, and Switch Force were all in a Fanatical bundle, which I think I paid $8 for. I was very excited to get them all but nah, I wouldn't say it was a better deal than three or four of the Humble choices from last year. And I definitely didn't save any money waiting half a decade to get it on Fanatical versus getting them from Humble over the years.

You mean like how Humble monthlies were back when they were any good?
Which is exactly why I only ever bought one, when I had a discount and thought the headliner games were worth the price of admission alone. Anything else in the mystery box monthlies I wanted I bought from key resellers. Or just waited until they were in other bundles.

I've never been a +1 collector.  Humble used to offer higher quality games but now it is one or two mediocre headliners and Fanatical-quality games.  Anyway, for $5 I just got A Robot Named Fight, Crash Drive 3, Crashlands, Deathtrap Dungeons Trilogy, Fighting Fantasy Legends, Gunman Tales, Hob, Mushroom Wars, Rogue Explorer, and Stygian: Reign on the Old Ones.  I'd consider most of those better than the average 'lower-tier/filler' in Humble Choice bundles (you can't really defend stuff like Rebel Cops, Rustler, Henry Stickmin, Retrowave, and Farmer's Dynasty being in a Humble Choice).  They are honestly solid games that I will eventually check out which is more than I can say for the filler in Humble Choice.

It's not like Fanatical is offering Poopies/Itch.io/Indie Gala tier crap.  And here's the kicker.  I can pay $5 for the Fanatical bundle versus $12 (sometimes $8 if you get a discount code) for Humble.  Never said the Fanatical Platinum Bundles were a good deal.  They invariably aren't.

I will acknowledge that I am not a fan of 'streamer' type games like Project Winter or single-player games that coast on art/aesthetics rather than gameplay.  But, yes, this month's Humble is particularly awful.  Let's not forget that, despite the remaster, Mafia is a 2002 game.  That is TWENTY YEARS old.  Iron Harvest looks like the standard bland modern RTS where, despite the interesting theme and presentation, you drag one pile of units on to the other.

Humble monthly was legitimately great not too long ago. Remember the November 2019 bundle where we got the Crash N Sane Trilogy, Spyro Trilogy, CoD WWII, and Shenmue 1 and 2 and more, all in one monthly bundle for $12? Insane value

Now we're lucky to get just one AAA game in each bundle. Idk if game pass killed it or what, but it's nowhere close to what it used to be even a couple years ago

Gonna throw my "humble choice sucks" in the ring.

This may honestly be the worst one I've ever seen. You've got a super-old remastered game that everyone has already played/owned, a dead RTS with wonky AI, an Among Us-like, and a bunch of other games of questionable value.

Humble monthly was legitimately great not too long ago. Remember the November 2019 bundle where we got the Crash N Sane Trilogy, Spyro Trilogy, CoD WWII, and Shenmue 1 and 2 and more, all in one monthly bundle for $12? Insane value

Now we're lucky to get just one AAA game in each bundle. Idk if game pass killed it or what, but it's nowhere close to what it used to be even a couple years ago
If I didn't already own nearly all of those I definitely would have bought that bundle.

Iron Harvest looks like the standard bland modern RTS where, despite the interesting theme and presentation, you drag one pile of units on to the other.
Its basically Company of Heroes2 but set in an alternate history of the WW1/2 era based on a board game if I remember right. I've not paid close attention, don't even have the expansion so I don't know if the AI issues and game balance are better. My main gripe is that its too much like CoH 1/2 gameplay design. Relic really did not learn from their mistakes with Dawn of War2 or the CoH series. It took DoW3 flopping even worse than CoH2 did initially for them to wake up. It just cost them the best/most famous 40k game series in the process.

Humble Bundle does lack the AAA hits from yesteryear, likely due to GamePass, Epic Giveaways, etc.

But I still like the indie games that come out in them from time to time.  I also really like the 20% off games from the store.

It's got some value still, for some of us weird types, but it's value is diminishing.

What's the longest wait you've had with Humble as far as restock of keys? I'm going on 10 calendar days wait for Middle-earth Shadow of War DE...

Been waiting 10 days for a key restock, I asked for a refund and they refused because it was part of a BYOB bundle. But I bought like 10 items even though only 5 were required for the 90% discount, so refunding one of them shouldn't affect anything. I threatened them with a PayPal dispute so we'll see what they say

I saw someone else has been waiting 8 months for a key restock from Humble. Idk how they can sell you an out of stock item without telling you it's out of stock, and then refuse a refund. That has to be illegal. At the very least, very scummy for a "charity" website

Not only was that long ago, being over two years ago, it wasn't even Humble Choice back then. I'm told a mystery bundle is "hardly comparable to buying bundles when you actually know the contents."

Been waiting 10 days for a key restock, I asked for a refund and they refused because it was part of a BYOB bundle. But I bought like 10 items even though only 5 were required for the 90% discount, so refunding one of them shouldn't affect anything. I threatened them with a PayPal dispute so we'll see what they say

I saw someone else has been waiting 8 months for a key restock from Humble. Idk how they can sell you an out of stock item without telling you it's out of stock, and then refuse a refund. That has to be illegal. At the very least, very scummy for a "charity" website
That's shitty. I wouldn't do a PayPal dispute though if you ever plan to use Humble again. Funny thing is I bought a Platinum bundle from Fanatical a while ago but accidentally bought a game I already owned from it (they're pick and choose).I asked their support to refund me or let me choose a different game and they refunded me for that specific game with no hesitation. So I guess Fanaticals support is better than Humbles. That was after I revealed the key too

What's the longest wait you've had with Humble as far as restock of keys? I'm going on 10 calendar days wait for Middle-earth Shadow of War DE...
I think Othercide took about 4-5 days and 8-9 days for the Gothic Armada 2 expansion.

That's shitty. I wouldn't do a PayPal dispute though if you ever plan to use Humble again. Funny thing is I bought a Platinum bundle from Fanatical a while ago but accidentally bought a game I already owned from it (they're pick and choose).I asked their support to refund me or let me choose a different game and they refunded me for that specific game with no hesitation. So I guess Fanaticals support is better than Humbles. That was after I revealed the key too
Nah I'm not gonna actually dispute it lol, it's only like $5 but I had to throw it out there. And not surprised, only issue I've ever had with Fanatical is that sometimes if you buy too much stuff at once, they take a couple hours to manually review your purchase before giving your keys. Still better than Humble in that they actually tell you when their keys are out of stock, what a concept

bread's done
Back