Humble Bundle Thread

Don't really care about BL3 as I have it. Hopefully the director's cut is a seperate key. Per Aspera, Before we leave, and just die already are probably worth it to me for this month.

Also, I'm calling it now. I'll buy Empire of Sin on sale and it will show up in the bundle in 1-3 months.

The games for Feb:

• Borderlands 3
  • Borderlands 3 - Director’s Cut (a dlc)
  • Black Book
  • Per Asperu
  • Just Die Already
  • Before We Leave
  • Paradise Lost
  • Everhood
  • Calico

Black Book does look interesting for a card battle/deck builder game. Void Bastards is also in the Trove now. Not sure if thats one that requires the new humble launcher though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want Black Book, because "Y U NO WEN?!" the Borderlands 3 Ultimate Glitch for $17... I already have BL3 from that, so giant wet fart for this month.

Definitely "skipped."  Considering cancelling.

I know it's easy to hate but I think y'all are being a little hard on them this month. A less than two-year-old (since it came to Steam), very popular, legit AAA game is a lot better than we've gotten in awhile. Sure a lot of you may have gotten it glitched but that doesn't take away from the value, just means you already have it. It's a step in the right direction imo

I know it's easy to hate but I think y'all are being a little hard on them this month. A less than two-year-old (since it came to Steam), very popular, legit AAA game is a lot better than we've gotten in awhile. Sure a lot of you may have gotten it glitched but that doesn't take away from the value, just means you already have it. It's a step in the right direction imo
To be fair, every Borderlands game is eventually bundled to death. Good 'ol Randy will pinch every penny he can from the market. BL3 also landed with a bit of a thud because of the EGS exclusivity and absolutely abysmal writing/narrative/story.

Pro-tip to future BL3 players - MUTE THE DIALOG AND SKIP THE CUTSCENES.

You'll enjoy it way better!

Eh, I think they've kind of earned it.
This is 8 games and one horribly rated DLC.

Yes, Borderland 3 is a nice inclusion, but they only give you the worst of the DLC available for the game and basically lock you into a dead-end where you're going to be paying more to get the rest of the dlc than it would cost if you just wait and purchase the currently most complete bundle on the next sale.

So, what we get for the "grand evolution" of humble is basically the worst currently available bundle of Borderlands 3 and 7 other games. (When we used to get 10-12 games for the same amount).

This is without tromping into the arguments about punishing people for pausing or cancelling, or the fact that currently grandfathered Classic plan users will likely be paying more for this month then new years. That's a great way to reward customer loyalty!

The indie game choices are pretty solid, though, and if I don't cancel that will be the only reason.

Man I think I am going to skip this one. I knew everhood was going to be in a humble bundle soon. Shouldn’t of bought it for $3 with the fanatical bundle.

If anyone is willing to part with black book let me know. I can send you money for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is willing to part with black book let me know. I can send you money for it.
I got Everhood in that Fanatical deal. There is a thread in the Trading Forum regarding Steam keys. You can ask for it there. Lots of great CAGs sell keys, never had an issue. Always check the sellers feedback in their CAG profile.

I think Borderlands 3 is one of those games where if you wanted it -- you already bought it. Couple that with the recent glitch and plethora of recent sales and I wonder just who is getting value out of it. Worst of all is the lack of the BUNDLE option on Steam, as has been pointed out -- you'll be painted into a corner and have to pay through the nose to get the actual good DLC.

Another fail.

Grabbed BL3 Ultimate (or w/e) edition during the $18 Humble Glitch.  This is a solid deal albeit it apparently does not have the Season 1 Pass that has all of the substantive DLC.  Rest of this junk I couldn't care less about.

It felt good to skip, get offered $4 off, still not buy and then cancel altogether.

They brought this on themselves. There's no longer any incentive to stay subscribed.

Gotta say, this month is a tough one to skip.

As in, they've literally made it more difficult to skip. No more option on the main bundle page, now you have to go through your account settings to do it.
They must be doing A-B testing with this because it's been that way for me for a while.

In other "Humble are the absolute worst" news: games you own in your Humble "Library" CANNOT be downloaded through the new Humble App. You need to be an "active Choice member" to download anything with the app, even things you OWN.

Such a bad bundle honestly. I stupidly bought Everhood during a sale as well or I may be more OK. Borderlands 3 and the DLC are trash for this bundle, especially since it's kind of old, the game has been super cheap, and it has 2 season passes, so this base game is next to worthless. I really want Black Book and Calico looks alright too, but that's just two games. I'm joining the going to pass this bundle and lose my discount and who cares. Just bleh to this bundle. Just die already looks like trash too, and likely one of those games you play multiplayer once, see the repetitiveness and never play again.

Pro-tip to future BL3 players - MUTE THE DIALOG AND SKIP THE CUTSCENES.

You'll enjoy it way better!
Good advice, and I'll also add whatever you do for god's sake don't look up meta builds or meta guns or gun spawn locations. Don't try to rush leveling, just shoot guns and have fun picking up new toys. As soon as you hit the level cap and start dicking around with high end guns you instantly get catapulted to a point where there's no real gunplay and you're just spamming abilities and abusing life leech and shit. Going through the campaign and leveling I was having a great time messing around and finding new guns and being happy picking up legendaries (Incidentally, the legendaries drop more like Borderlands 1 rather than 2. Which is to say they aren't annoyingly rare) but once I was level capped the fun got sucked out since I was insta-killing almost everything and rather than taking damage I'd either be at 100% life or 0% life.

Did enjoy it more than BL2 though, so there's that.

FYI it looks like they got rid of pausing. Looking at my account info I was desperately looking for the pause button and even though it's saying I'll be billed on the 22nd I'm only seeing cancel, no pause. I guess they maybe axed that because of their dumb new scaling store discount.

Edit: Scratch that, it's now called "Skip a month".

Edit the second: They do still offer discounts for skips, at least. Not entirely sure it'll be enough to change my mind, but that program's still around.
Q4gfLnL.png

I think Borderlands 3 is one of those games where if you wanted it -- you already bought it. Couple that with the recent glitch and plethora of recent sales and I wonder just who is getting value out of it. Worst of all is the lack of the BUNDLE option on Steam, as has been pointed out -- you'll be painted into a corner and have to pay through the nose to get the actual good DLC.

Another fail.
Honestly I'm one of the very few people who are really happy with BL3 this month and getting a lot of value out of this choice but my situation is very very specific because I already own BL3 + all DLC for PS5 but I'm getting the Steam Deck at the end of the month, and I was looking at the different sales on BL3 to get the best deal on the base game so I can play it on my Deck. The timing couldn't have worked out better for me to use one of the months on my 6 month classic plan lol.

I grabbed the Brain Tickler Bundle for Lumines Remastered. If I want to build a PC, I'll build one.
I can't imagine anyone bought it for the games that were actually in the $10 tier, yet the BTA is at $9.51.

All these motherfuckers must have bought the BTA at the price Humble set it initially. People don't get it: if the BTA tier is the best tier, everyone needs to buy the $1 tier first, drag down the average, and then upgrade to the BTA.

BTW on the off chance anyone gets the monthly and doesn't want Black Book PM me as can do some Paypal or trade like for Lumines Remastered.

Debating canceling my sub. There hasn't been anything I've been interested in for a few months, that I didn't already have. I have a boatload of unredeemed codes as well. :/

Guess I'll skip February and see if March is better.

I buy maybe two or three Choice a year.  I still 'sub' (under the grandfathered Classic plan but I guess it doesn't matter now), just have to be sure to remember to pause on a timely basis.

Was gonna grab a couple things on sale while I had my 20% off. The sale on these started before the Lunar New Year sale and were specifically ending on Feb 3.

The sale prices are now over. fuck ing Hamble.

I bought the new bundle since I don't have Dead by Daylight and thought it was a good value getting that and the other games for $10. And after purchasing it says my order is "being reviewed for accuracy", it's a ten dollar charity bundle ffs. Lol it's like they're trying to get people to hate them. fuck Humble

If the BTA was a good price I would bite on that immediately. I have Shakedown on the PS consoles already, but I'd buy it again, and the golf game looks fun. It's either a $1 or $15(!!!!) bundle and I'm leaning toward the $1.

I wish that was the KoA RR: Fatesworn Edition w/ the DLC - but nope. Meh.

Also, didn't Epic already do SR: The Third Remastered before in an earlier weekly Epic Freebie Giveaway?

EDIT - Hmmm, Mortal Shell looks like an interesting Souls-like. Shakedown looks cool too. Hmmmm.

EDIT 2 - They should've put WWZ Aftermath Ed. in this Bundle also at the $15 tier.

So Humble has an app on the Epic Store now. Could explain why they nuked the Linux versions of games in the Trove.
Also, didn't Epic already do SR: The Third Remastered before in an earlier weekly Epic Freebie Giveaway?
Yep. This is why I avoid these Epic bundles, they just end up being weekly freebies anyway. I might spend the buck on Shakedown Hawaii though.

I am not interested in Epic keys unless they are free. On a side note, the launch time of this bundle is interesting. I haven't seen humble release bundle before 2 pm eastern in a long time.

I am not interested in Epic keys unless they are free. On a side note, the launch time of this bundle is interesting. I haven't seen humble release bundle before 2 pm eastern in a long time.
It launched at the exact time that the lunar new year sale on epic ended. Probably explains the timing

Just saw this on Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/spa8zq/humble_bundle_celebration_bundle_shakedown_hawaii/hwdso09/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Notes:

• Games in THIS Epic Bundle are NOT giftable to others, even if you own them already on Epic.
  • Can't do anything w/ the "extra" key, if you already own it on Epic.
I am assuming the exception being the Kingdom of Amular steam key. If not, then I guess Steam/Humble found a way of limiting the resale market.

I know many complain about the drop in quality of humble bundles, and although I agree, I am more concerned with seeing more bundles similar to this one. Where keys are going to be EPIC/GOG/Amazon etc. Although I have been picking up those free keys on those sites, I think I have played a total of one game. For me, this is another turn for the worse....

GOG keys are fine for me, the best option really. But there is no way I'm connecting my Epic account with any other service at this time, even Humble let alone Amazon for prime gaming stuff or Steam.

bread's done
Back