Humble Bundle Thread

Well I guess no bundle today. Here is what the admin wrote:

Looking like it won't make it out today, here's hoping for tomorrow! We also have a couple planned for Friday.
I am going to guess that one of the two/three bundles planned for the rest of the week will be a jingle jam style holiday bundle.

Greedfall was on PS+ like two years ago so I have it on PlayStation but I haven't ever tried playing.

Wasteland 3 seems alright though, I look forward to owning and also not playing it for another two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Admin on Discord: "Bundle from yesterday is set to go for 11 PT today! Sorry for the lack of hint, wouldn't want to make anyone at the Company mad."

Not sure if "company" is a hint or not, but I took it as if it is. I know Company of Heroes 3 is about to come out so maybe it will be a bundle of Company of Heroes 1 and 2 with the DLC's? We know Humble loves doing these one or two game bundles with its DLC's lately. 

Also from the humble discord channel:

For our Friday bundles, one will share the strategy theme but all different games, while the other bundle is VERY different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat Blade Assault in 11 hours and 42 minutes, with some downtime paused while eating twice, so probably more like 11 hours. This one is very much on the OK rogue action 2D platforming arena games. I think games like Neon Abyss are better, while this is probably around the same level as Critadel, although I think that one is better.

First of all the screen can be very hard to read. The game has generally nice 2D pixel graphics, but when a lot of stuff and effects are out it's impossible to see things. I almost didn't want to use a screen filling attack because it sent lightning everywhere and was hard to see things. The controls will be very hard for non controller users, so I highly recommend one. The music is alright with better tunes reserved for boss fights. The shooting sounds are also good.

I don't like how non weighty it all feels. You just go around and dodge and attack as much as possible to do damage to enemies and bosses that can be HP sponges. The final bosses suffer this in particular, and that's without any penalties. You can charge attacks and have a sub weapon, but the action is too frantic a lot, so I use these less. The action is alright, but just feels a bit hallow. The difficulty level spikes a lot for the later levels and will have you grinding everything to get a semi optimal build. I highly recommend the items that prevent status effects (especially shocked) because some enemies are cheap in spamming these effects.

Frankly you have a core (ice/fire/lightning) and a weapon/sub weapon and try to get as many items, health/energy, and other cores to become strong. Everything does more damage to certain things, and it's all about improving the numbers to deal as much damage a bit at a time. The story plainly sucks and doesn't amount to much.

I also need to mention that this game is buggy. Often my game would freeze and need to be closed. This seems to be a known issue as when you come back the game is right where you were in the level. During my last run it crashed 3 times I believe. This is an annoyance, but not ultra major, but it makes the game worse.

Overall this is one of those games that I feel is good enough to play and try to beat, but it's missing something for a lot of replay value. You really don't unlock new items like Neon Abyss or Enter the Gungeon, so you always see the same items. It helps to keep a consistent build, but it's a bit boring. Overall it is decent bundled, but after my win I wont touch it again. 7/10

From the Admin on Discord: "Bundle from yesterday is set to go for 11 PT today! Sorry for the lack of hint, wouldn't want to make anyone at the Company mad."

Not sure if "company" is a hint or not, but I took it as if it is. I know Company of Heroes 3 is about to come out so maybe it will be a bundle of Company of Heroes 1 and 2 with the DLC's? We know Humble loves doing these one or two game bundles with its DLC's lately.
Looks like you were right on the money.

The Tacticians Bundle

$12
Gears Tactics
Red Solstice 2 Survivors
Dark Diety
Star Renegades
John Wick Hex

BTA
Warhammer 40k: Mechanius
Phantom Doctrine

$1
Hard West

Tempting.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

That tactical deal is great, but the only one I don't have is Star Renegades.

Mechanicus and Gears Tactics are worth $6 each alone. The soundtrack for Mechanicus is goddamned epic and I really enjoy Gears Tactics.

My kind of bundle!

That tactical deal is great, but the only one I don't have is Star Renegades.

Mechanicus and Gears Tactics are worth $6 each alone. The soundtrack for Mechanicus is goddamned epic and I really enjoy Gears Tactics.

My kind of bundle!
Agreed, I love turn based RPG games. I wish I waited to buy Gears Tactics though. I got it for Star Renegades, Dark Deity and Phantom Doctrine...

Heck of a deal, depending on how much you're missing.

Damn, I own most of these somewhere...except probably Star Renegades.

Most backlogged too.

Also, Dark Deity was given away before on Epic Game Store.

Own too much of this other than Star Renegades (didn't like it for the few hours I played on Gamepass I believe) and Gear Tactics. Overall a decent price, but a lot of old overlap. I think the Fanatical bundles released recently have a little more value for the buck and haven't been bundled as much.

Sounds like throughout the week, Humble will be temporarily bringing back some of the bigger bundles of the year. Supplies are limited; when they're gone, they're gone. First up: The 2K Bundle from September (although missing the two previously-included golf games).

Sounds like throughout the week, Humble will be temporarily bringing back some of the bigger bundles of the year. Supplies are limited; when they're gone, they're gone. First up: The 2K Bundle from September (although missing the two previously-included golf games).
Hmmm, I skipped this in September because I already have BL3 Super Deluxe via Epic, CiV 6 complete, Bioshock, and others via Steam.

And yet, I’m still tempted…

People might wanna check their EGS account before buying. They gave away Borderlands 3, the Bioshock collection and XCOM 2 for free this year.

Worth noting that BL3 is missing some DLC and Civ 6 is missing all DLC, which is very substantial. Oftentimes buying the DLC separate is more expensive than just buying the "gold" edition or whatever on Steam. Civ 6 has a "complete your collection" bundle discount on Steam which might help, but BL3 does not

People might wanna check their EGS account before buying. They gave away Borderlands 3, the Bioshock collection and XCOM 2 for free this year.
Most PC gamers would rather have cheap Steam copies than free Epic copies. Even the "cheapasses" on this website

Are any of the racing games worth it without a wheel? I still don't have a racing game for my PC but maybe I'm better off just getting Forza.

Humble Ultimate Sim Racing Bundle is on Encore:

-> https://www.humblebundle.com/games/ultimate-racing-sim-holiday-encore-bundle

$13 for:

- Assetto Corsa: Competizione.

- Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition.

- DRIFT21.

- rFactor 2.

- NASCAR Heat 5 - Ultimate Edition.

- Automobilista.

- Automobilista 2.

NOTE - Some on Reddit are saying w/ NASCAR Heat 5...they are getting Standard, not Ultimate. Hopefully, this gets fixed and/or cleared-up soon.
Score. I regretted not getting this one earlier this year.

Humble's sending 2mos for $6/month offers out. I got it on two different accounts, one where I just canceled choice 2 days ago. There's good stuff in this month but I've played a lot of them through Gamepass already...

I started playing CivVI when I got it for free on Epic. Anyone know if that save will move over?
Supposedly the game saves to the cloud via a connected 2K account and not through Steam or Epic themselves. So assuming you had an account from your time playing it on Epic, you should be all set when you start up on Steam. Alternatively, your save files should be located here if you want to manually back them up and save them yourself without using a 2K account:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\

Don't have the game myself though so if any of this is wrong, hopefully someone else can correct me.

Supposedly the game saves to the cloud via a connected 2K account and not through Steam or Epic themselves. So assuming you had an account from your time playing it on Epic, you should be all set when you start up on Steam. Alternatively, your save files should be located here if you want to manually back them up and save them yourself without using a 2K account:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\

Don't have the game myself though so if any of this is wrong, hopefully someone else can correct me.
Thanks. I thought there were local save files. I'm just not at home to poke around. (Starting over wouldn't kill me..I'm dying hard enough in my game currently.)

Best of Stealth Bundle is on Encore Sale on Humble:

-> https://www.humblebundle.com/games/best-of-stealth-encore-bundle?

$12 for Steam keys on:

- Hitman 1 (2016): GOTY Edition

- Hitman 2 (2018): Gold Edition

- Ghost of a Tale

- ECHO

- Heat Signature

- Styx: Shards of Darkness

- Arigami
These are better than Choice bundles. Got this one because of Hitman 2 Gold, but they all look good. I had most of HM 1 and Aragami, but it's still a no-brainer, I've never even heard of Ghost of a Tale but it even looks great.

Hell, I own 60% or more of that 2k Bundle, but I'm tempted to get it just to fill in holes. I love how many include the DLC.

I bought the Lego Bundle yesterday without issue. Just tried to buy this Middle Earth bundle and it says they have to verify my information. Is that normal?

Edit: Got a confirmation email this morning that my order went through. Weird.

If we're talking "Annoying Humble issues", I'd like to know when this monstrosity is going to finally get removed from my Keys page (or at least have it not show up even when I tick "Hide redeemed keys"):

i0dpMCi.png
40 months later:

3fPcNkj.png

VNxXzARl.png

Man. I just went through the unredeemed codes on my old Humble Months and it's stupid how much stuff I got that I don't want, to get games that I wanted or months where I paused and it unpaused me. 

Anyone know if there's a good way to scrape the unused codes, or because it's 'choice' (even on the months where I would get everything in the list), can you even do that? 

Leaked January Choice headliners:

Doom Eternal

OlliOlli World Rad Edition

Tribes of Midgard

If it's indeed the Rad Edition for OlliOlli, that would include the expansion. Doom Eternal is most certainly just the base game.

If it's just the base version of Doom then I'll pass because that DLC isn't cheap by itself. I'm waiting for the deluxe version to hit around $10.

If it's just the base version of Doom then I'll pass because that DLC isn't cheap by itself. I'm waiting for the deluxe version to hit around $10.
I will say, if there is a game that Fanatical will eventually bundle, at least 20 times, it will be Doom Eternal. The Bethesda games are basically the only AAA game publisher that ends up on Fanatical bundles.

bread's done
Back