Humble Bundle Thread

Don't forget - Recurring Billing for Humble Monthly Choice is tomorrow (with BioMutant and 7 others games).

So, do what you have to today - i.e. Skip, Cancel, Renew, whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of Survivors-Like Bundle

$8.00 Tier

Boneraiser Minions
Bounty of One
Just King
Neon Sundown
Nomad Survival
Repetendium
Rogue : Genesia
Scarlet Tower

This was a bundle formed from my own sacrifices in the Steam sale. If you want my opinions on three of these Boneraiser Minions is very good, although the unlocks are not the most exciting. It plays well enough and provides some good gameplay. Rogue: Genesia is very repetitive and easy to play. It lacks variety. Nomad Survival has a lot of stuff to unlock, but it's very generic playing as well. I played this one from an older Fanatical bundle. Not a bad price for these at least.

I, too, own most of that bundle and think Rogue: Genesia is the strongest.  The bench may not be as deep, but its got a lot of interesting challenges that make up for it's base gameplay.  It's still being actively developed, too.

The main issue is that every level is destroy x creatures + x, or the occasional destroy x boss type monsters + x number of creatures. It is okay enough playing, but the main thing that got me was the way too long slay the spire like choose your level things. I do think it has potential, but I knocked enough of it in a few hours. Just took repetitive gameplay to an extreme IMHO, but most of those have monotonous gameplay. The challenges like one weapon challenge, cursed stats (get 1/2 as much stats on level up choices and start with 1/2 as well) and only able to choose basic upgrades are tough and do give some challenge. I just wish those challenges unlocked more than here is some permanent buff category unlocked. Still a decent game.

If I haven't yet gotten Vampire Survivors, should I just buy and stick with that versus buying this bundle of seeming clones that were made in its wake?

I recommend buying Vampire Hunter 2, instead. Vampire Chronicle For Matching Service or Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower would be even better if you have a working DC or PSP.

Edit: That was the wrong D-acronym. Fixed!

If I haven't yet gotten Vampire Survivors, should I just buy and stick with that versus buying this bundle of seeming clones that were made in its wake?
Yes play the original. There will also be new cheap DLC for it mid April I believe. I do like Boneraiser Minions and felt like I got a good amount of playtime for it, although I grew bored of it after a few hours. Survivors has a decent amount more replayability before it becomes more repetitive.

Counter, I think Brotato is better than Vampire Survivors, but both are good.
Given that they're both bargain-bin games, they're really both worth playing.
Just play both games and work your way through the various unlocks and challenges and call it good.
Some of the fanbase that obsesses over the games kind of makes their steam forums or anything other than the wiki you google up annoying. I don't think any reasonable person actually cares about gold or egg farming like some of these people obsess over.

With the way some of the communities behave, you'd think that these are the only games that exist and that there's nothing else in life.
(Seriously, I guess any videogame can get poopsockers)

I feel like this bundle is good at filling a certain niche.. but probably not good for people that want a good "deal" since I own 2 of the games from other bundles and everything in the bundle is $4-5 each. Doesn't seem like much of a saving when you compare them to normal sales.

This is the leak for this month's Choice bundle and it's a doozy:

https://twitter.com/billbil_kun/status/1642498350338527232

If these are the headliners I'm glad I did that 3 months for $7 each, cause that's a heck of a deal.

I already have Death Stranding base on Epic (and paid for it, some time ago - way before it was free)...

...but I don't have the DC upgrade for DS yet; and don't have Aliens FE and Rollerdrome either.

Probably. Nomad Survival is the only other one I've played some of. I have Scarlet Tower from some bundle and not played it yet. My problem with this genre is that after putting about 20 hours into VS, I'm bored of the genre and fall asleep trying to play them. Also, use a controller with VS. Its doable on keyboard but annoying.

As for the monthly, Fireteam Elite is a fun game. Not perfect but worth a play through. It is such a shame they limited it to 3 players, horde mode is tolerable for a couple of hours-maybe, no text chat or built in voice comms either. Otherwise its a fun time in the Aliens universe, especially in a bundle.The others I'm kinda meh about but its probably worth it.

I made it a few hours into Death Stranding and then looked up how long to beat. Saw it takes 40+ hours and I was like nah I'm good lol.

I got it free from Epic so no money lost.

Played the rest of the Vampire Survivor like bundle games. They didn't impress too much.

Bounty of One. This one was not very good IMHO. It usually ranks highly in VS like games. Way too many HP sponges including bosses that take forever at timed increments. The only cool thing about this one is only attacking when standing still. The music was extremely repetitive as well, making you need to likely mute that and put on other stuff. Just wasn't a fan of this at all. 6/10

Just King. This one was decent. It felt like a worse Boneraiser Minions. You have up to 4 minions who do things can can be levelled up and equipped. This one just felt generic and the rotating system for minions is awful and clunky. Your minions auto attack when near. The minion thing is so much better in Boneraiser that I can't really put playing this one over that. 6.5/10

Neon Sundown. This was the best of this bunch. This one plays more like Geometry Wars with card level ups. This one was decently fun although bullet sponge enemies and bosses generally bring it down. This one is fun and looks good, but still is a bit boring. It at least feels different than the rest. 7/10

Repetendium. This was the worst of this bunch. It felt so cringe in its humor. This tries to mix up Nuclear Throne and Steam World Dig or something. You go around shooting stuff and can dig for gems. I don't really know what anything unlocked because it never explained anything. Wasn't a huge fan of the metal music either, although I do like that type of music. Just felt very early access and quite unpolished. 5.5/10

Scarlet Tower. This one is generic. It plays alright and is most like VS in this bundle. I don't think this plays as cleanly as it swarms you much quicker than VS requiring more area attacks. Also enemies are stupid and get stuck on scenery. You may get stuck on scenery too for some unfair damage. I kept getting overwhelmed early in this before I got too far in levels. Also the choices for level ups seemed very few. Not a huge fan at all. 6/10

What?

I see $7.99 (for no discounts) or $7.59 (w/ my Discount) on Humble for Avengers Definitive Ed.
Might have Choice discounts stacking.

Try GreenManGaming. They have it for $6.40... at least that's what's on my screen.

Avengers Definitive is back in stock on GMG at $6.40. Bought it, activated it. :)

Thanks everyone, for pointing out it's been on sale on Humble and GMG. You guys rock!

For the GMG deal: you can save a little bit from Microsoft cashback and Rakuten (about 32 cents I think?). The GMG XP 2% off coupon should work on it too if you haven't used that yet, but it's one time use and only works on one game so make sure you don't wanna use it on anything else first

Might be too much effort for some people just to save a few cents, but hey it's CAG

For the GMG deal: you can save a little bit from Microsoft cashback and Rakuten (about 32 cents I think?). The GMG XP 2% off coupon should work on it too if you haven't used that yet, but it's one time use and only works on one game so make sure you don't wanna use it on anything else first

Might be too much effort for some people just to save a few cents, but hey it's CAG
Already used the coupon a few weeks back, when it first hit and I bought FF4 3D Remake and FF4: TAY. I of course tried the coupon again - no dice.

Not the end of the world, you know?

I kept waiting for Life is Strange 2 to show up in choice, but gave up and bought on GMG during the recent Square Enix sale, oh well. Good bundle overall, though.

I kept waiting for Life is Strange 2 to show up in choice, but gave up and bought on GMG during the recent Square Enix sale, oh well. Good bundle overall, though.
LS2, Rollerdrome, Life of Sir Briant and Revita were enough for me to buy in and sell off the others. First time in months. Solid bundle, but once again, it's the back five that convinced me. Guess I'm weird.

I'm not sure what price it was during the GMG sale, I didn't check. I was tempted to grab it a few times but I kept passing cuz I never saw it reach 75% off.

I'm not sure what price it was during the GMG sale, I didn't check. I was tempted to grab it a few times but I kept passing cuz I never saw it reach 75% off.
It was $10.24

Last edited:
Death Stranding OG and DC on Steam.

For those that own Death Stranding (OG) on Steam and their DS: DC Steam-key won't activate & upgrade...

...here's the work-around so you can upgrade to the DC AND have both versions of the game in your Steam Library.

See this:

-> https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/articles/8334341739804

I own the base game and now I can't activate my Humble Choice (April 2023) version of DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT

• 1 day ago. Updated.

Here is a workaround in order to access both versions of the game from your Steam Launcher:

1. Click on Help and then Steam Support in the Steam desktop app.
  2. Search for DEATH STRANDING.
  3. Choose "I want to permanently remove this game from my account" and follow the instructions.
  4. Activate the DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT Humble Choice code.

In order to restore your original copy of DEATH STRANDING to your Steam Library, please do the following:

1. Click on Help and then Steam Support in the Steam desktop app.
  2. Search for DEATH STRANDING.
  3. Choose "Can't find this game in my library".
  4. Select Restore.

You will now have DEATH STRANDING and DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT in your Steam Library.

Special thanks to Steam user awg for sharing this workaround and for getting it to those players in need so quickly!

Zero divided by Zero
KTjd.gif

As if that kart bundle wasn't bad enough, now we've been granted an even worse bundle that includes Jumanji.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back