Humble Bundle Thread

Damn, Ubisoft is out of control with its various editions. Still $36 at a 70% discount for the full Far Cry 6 experience.

This may sound odd though it’s just so damn weird to be to use a console controller on a PC. I switched to macOS a decade ago and have been console only. Now I’m back into PC gaming for the sweet keyboard and mouse setup, yet I keep reading everyone is now playing console games with console controllers on PC. Blows my mind!

I do have an extra dual shock and dual sense. Though I wouldn’t mind a completely dedicated PC controller considered the ‘best’ overall for platformers and the like. Any suggestions on that front?
Any modern pad will work just fine on PC (or Mac, for that matter), assuming the game comes with gamepad support, though if you’re looking for something for 2D platformers, 8bitdo’s Sega/Nintendo-inspired pads have much better d-pads than any 1st party controller. Also Retro-bit’s Saturn pad is my gold standard for a great-feeling, no-fuss PC-compatible dpad, but that’s if you get lucky with one that won’t break after a few weeks of moderate usage. They seem to have a lot of poorly made d-pad actuators in their stock.

I picked up the $10 tier of the Capcom Bundle. I already have Strider, but since I have two Steam accounts (one for me and one for my kids), this won't be a problem. I also received a $7/month for three months Choice offer. For me, to be honest, the May Choice Bundle isn't worth $7.

Humble Bundle - SPRING SALE:

For those missing everything Fallout on PC...

Fallout Franchise Bundle for STEAM = $39.98 (with no discounts).

SIDE NOTE - I see $35.98 with my discounts.

This includes:

- Fallout Classic Collection (Fallout 1 & 2 and Fallout: Tactics)

- Fallout 3 GOTY

- Fallout NV Ultimate

- Fallout 4 GOTY

- Fallout 76 (with Fallout 76: The Pitt Recruitment Bundle & Deluxe Edition)

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Bundle - SPRING SALE:

For those missing everything Fallout on PC...

Fallout Franchise Bundle for STEAM = $35.98

This includes:

- Fallout Classic Collection (Fallout 1 & 2 and Fallout: Tactics)

- Fallout 3 GOTY

- Fallout NV Ultimate

- Fallout 4 GOTY

- Fallout 76 (with Fallout 76: The Pitt Recruitment Bundle & Deluxe Edition)
I think I've gotten all of them except for 4 for free scattered across various launchers.

FYI it's actually $39.98 for the bundle, you must be including a Humble Choice discount to get it down to $35.98

And is that even cheap? The Fallout Classic Collection is $4.49 on Fanatical now, and on GMG both Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate are $5.61 each, while Fallout 4 GOTY is $8.50. So you're paying $15+ for Fallout 76... meh 😐

I think I've gotten all of them except for 4 for free scattered across various launchers.
Same, IIRC - Fallout Classic and F3 GOTY were free on Epic; FNV Ultimate and F76 were free for Amazon Prime Subscribers.

I don't think F4 GOTY was free or really bundled in anything, but I think that's been $10 before on Steam.

I picked up the $10 tier of the Capcom Bundle. I already have Strider, but since I have two Steam accounts (one for me and one for my kids), this won't be a problem. I also received a $7/month for three months Choice offer. For me, to be honest, the May Choice Bundle isn't worth $7.
yikes that bad ?

Luck of the Draw Bundle
Roguelike Deckbuilders

Pay $8 for:
- Luck be a Landlord
- Dicey Dungeons

Pay $12 for: 
- Alina of the Arena
- Tainted Grail Conquest
- Chrono Ark

Pay $20 for:
- Fight in Tight Spaces
- Beneath Oresa

Link to Bundle Here

Opinions follow:

The first level is two bangers, there's more to Luck be a Landlord and Dicey Dungeons is awesome, but with less replayability, IMO.

The second level is the sweet spot.  Alina of the Arena and Tainted Grail Conquest are great times; I want to play Chrono Ark myself.  If I didn't already own the other four games, I would buy this.

Level three is lackluster.  I was not impressed with the demo build of Beneath Oresa and it seems to be the weakest title in the package.  Fight in Tight Spaces is a really good roguelike, but I don't like the aesthetic of it.  It's really good, demoed really well, but I don't think it carries itself alone for an $8 ask (with a free early access game stapled on).

I just bought Beneath Oresa on Steam. Time to refund that. I own all of these pretty much other than the top tier. All are pretty good although I haven't played Alina of the Arena yet. Chrono Ark is very, very hard, but it is fun. Luck Be a Landlord is fun for a while, but becomes quite repetitive. There is Steam Workshop stuff now though. Dicey Dungeons is awesome and some challenges and characters are very difficult. Tainted Grail Conquest is a great game I beat quite a few times. I think I beat the last challenge and quit it, but it is worth it. I'm getting the $20 tier though. If anyone wants to make a deal for some of the others I'm willing to listen, as I own it all, and will likely just give them to my sis.

Hmm, if I didn't own Tainted Grail it would be a instant buy. Oresa and Tight Spaces are still tempting though. I liked the demo of FiTS and Oresa might be good. Maybe I should try the demo of it. For me, FiTS was neat but not worth $25 to me. Dicey is the only other one that interests me.

Shame they didn't get Vault of the void again for this bundle.

Last day for the capcom bundle.  

funny short story. Quit PC gaming a year back, switched to macOS, etc. seeing this new humble bundle inspired me to log into my old account. Interesting thing I find out… I bought a bunch of bundles at various times over a decade ago and never redeemed or even clicked on ‘reveal keys’. Fear trilogy, batman games, many more games sitting quietly in a forgotten account for ten years. 

REMINDER:

- Today is the last day for May's Humble Choice.

- Billing is tomorrow.

- So pause, skip, buy, do what you got to, or whatever today...

REMINDER:
- Today is the last day for May's Humble Choice.
- Billing is tomorrow.
- So pause, skip, buy, do what you got to, or whatever today...
Nearly forgot. Paused just under the wire.

I really need to just cancel already since being grandfathered in doesn’t matter anymore.

Had looked at the last two comics bundles I bought from Humble, and noticed that they are almost all PDFs. Really disappointing, given the PDFs are really large file sizes. If this continues, I'm going to have to stop buying comic bundles.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Had looked at the last two comics bundles I bought from Humble, and noticed that they are almost all PDFs. Really disappointing, given the PDFs are really large file sizes. If this continues, I'm going to have to stop buying comic bundles.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
I’m not saying they shouldn’t be including other formats, but PDFs really aren’t that hard to rip images from, which can then be formatted to your preferred compression level and rezipped into a .cbz easily enough. The main problem is that’s fairly time consuming to do to a bunch of files.

Must-Play Metroidvanias bundle

$15 Ti​er

Blasphemous
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Haiku, the Robot
Hollow Knight
Lone Fungus
Lost Ruins
Rain World

Garbo Extras

Zapling Bygone 50% Off Coupon
Rain World: Downpour 20% Off Coupon

A great bundle honestly, but many of these have been bundled quite a few times. Still has greats like Hollow Knight in it. Amazing bundle if you have none of it. I want Lost Ruins, but I'll wait for a better bundle, as I own the rest pretty much other than Lone Fungus, which looks pretty average.

Must-Play Metroidvanias bundle

$15 Ti​er

Blasphemous
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Haiku, the Robot
Hollow Knight
Lost Ruins
Lone Fungus
Rain World

Garbo Extras

Zapling Bygone 50% Off Coupon
Rain World: Downpour 20% Off Coupon

A great bundle honestly, but many of these have been bundled quite a few times. Still has greats like Hollow Knight in it. Amazing bundle if you have none of it. I want Lost Ruins, but I'll wait for a better bundle, as I own the rest pretty much other than Lone Fungus, which looks pretty average.
I have none of these games. I don't know if it's me getting older, though seeing a bundle of all identical styled side scrollers makes me go "meh".

Well we already knew Ghostwire Tokyo is going to be in the upcoming Humble Choice. It seems IGN may have inadvertently leaked the rest of the lineup. If it's true, I'm all in.

Ghostwire Tokyo
Honey, I Joined a Cult
Sunday Gold
Remnant: From the Ashes Complete Edition
Curse of the Dead Gods
Serial Cleaners
GRIME: Colors of Rot
Turbo Golf Racing

Well we already knew Ghostwire Tokyo is going to be in the upcoming Humble Choice. It seems IGN may have inadvertently leaked the rest of the lineup. If it's true, I'm all in.

Ghostwire Tokyo
Honey, I Joined a Cult
Sunday Gold
Remnant: From the Ashes Complete Edition
Curse of the Dead Gods
Serial Cleaners
GRIME: Colors of Rot
Turbo Golf Racing
Ghostwire and Serial Cleaners are really probably the only titles I am interested in. I've tried Dead Gods, but it didn't really grab me. Remnant is a punishingly difficult game, that I have on Epic...I might add that one to my Steam library. The rest I'm just straight up indifferent to...but, it's probably worth it this month, if that's the lineup.

Not a bad bundle overall. A couple of games I'm sorta interested in, namely remnant and ghostwire. I almost bought remnant a few times in the past year. Never did get around to playing it on Epic. Curse of the Dead Gods ain't too bad for a rogue like game. Serial Cleaners might be good too.

I have none of these games. I don't know if it's me getting older, though seeing a bundle of all identical styled side scrollers makes me go "meh".
If you played any of the Castlevania games on the PlayStation (Like Sympathy of the Night) or newer than the bundle is worth it for Bloodstained alone.

Bloodstained is one of the reasons I’m hesitating on that bundle. I’m not a fan of sequels or spiritual successors to 2D series going 2.5D in the first place, and then the Bloodstained team dropped the ball on some of their promised platforms from the Kickstarter campaign, which, having been in the position of having the only platforms on which I could have played a game that I had backed dropped, I’m not okay with.

Bloodstained is one of the reasons I’m hesitating on that bundle. I’m not a fan of sequels or spiritual successors to 2D series going 2.5D in the first place, and then the Bloodstained team dropped the ball on some of their promised platforms from the Kickstarter campaign, which, having been in the position of having the only platforms on which I could have played a game that I had backed dropped, I’m not okay with.
and the platform they transferred development to (the switch) they also kinda dropped the ball on. Ended up being buggy with major performance issues, even after it got patched up. I'm gonna blame 505, it's usually bad whenever they get involved. At least the game turned out good though

image.png

Tapped out again on this one. Even with the $4 off "please stay" offer, Ghostwire isn't that much of an interest for me to buy in.
I'm kind of feeling the same way. I have the opportunity to play it on PS or Xbox and the other games aren't really getting me all that excited.

Glad others can take advantage of the month though.

I tried Ghostwire on gamepass and the combat felt terrible to me. Maybe it gets better and I gave up too early. I dropped it around the 2 hour mark.

Lame it wasn't as leaked, but I wanted Ghostwire and Grime, so easy grab for me.
Easy grab for me too, as I wanted mainly Ghostwire and Remnant Complete.

Having a blast so far w/ Ghostwire, about some 6.7 hours in according to Steam. Love its combat. I just wish its performance wasn't so all over the place at times. Obviously, it eats VRAM like water (can easily eat 5-6gb VRAM on my RTX 3060m 6gb laptop here) and is having some Shader Stutter and/or Traversal Area Stutters, unfortunately.

But, I'm loving this game's game-world and setting here in Tokyo; themes (on ghosts, spirits, and death); Lore / Codex; storytelling & narrative; combat; off-the-wall & off-kilter stuff & ideas; wacky and zany stuff; humor; parkour; floating (you can do this, when you're on rooftops or high-up & you need to come down to the ground slowly so you don't take damage; and other cool stuff.

I hope it doesn't get too repetitive into the open-world stuff like most of those types of games do, as I'm having a grand old time w/ this one...so far. Nothing like shooting a fireball from 1st-person, feeling like you're Ken & Ryu and blowing enemies away. Nothing like shooting a Cyclone magic and knocking some enemies across the screen or knocking stuff into enemies. Water magic is cool too. Oh, and you can sneak-up on enemies with stealth attacks too.

Really enjoying the vendors being mostly cats that meow, but you understand what they are meowing-on about here in English subtitles here & other weird, unique, and different stuff this game got going on. Liking the cool "draw the spell" in a Arx Fatalis type of way of how that game used Runes w/ mouselook and the mouse itself, when you are involved in certain missions and area. Hope I don't grow tire of missions and I hope that there's more mission types than the standard "go to an area, different enemies, open the gate, unlock more areas" stuff. Some of the investigation quests, which remind me of stuff in Batman Arkham games, Witcher 3, Condemned: CO, and other stuff of that sort...which is cool too.

So far, this is a real cool game & I also like the twists in many ways this has on the open-world genre. This might not be the best open-world game out there, but it's certainly one of the coolest that I've played in a while.

I have Celeste, Get in the Car, and have fully played through Boyfriend Dungeon at least once (not amazing IMHO, but very playable and decent), and I'm thinking of getting it. The alligator game is up my alley, as is Bad End Theater and Growing Up as well. The RPG could be OK, and I'll gift my extra Celeste to my sis. Good looking games, and it supports a good cause, so likely a get for me. Boyfriend Dungeon has DLC now in more weapons, so it may be worth a relook.

bread's done
Back