Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle now available - 9/30 TRAUMA - 10/5 SpaceChem added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
There's another Humble Indie Bundle. This one contains the game Frozen Synapse and its soundtrack. If you pay more than the average you also get the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle that was available previously between bundles 2 and 3.

Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle:
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (If you pay more than the average)

* = demo available

Steam and Desura keys are available for Frozen Synapse, and the three released games from the Frozenbyte bundle. You also get a Direct2Drive key for Frozen Synapse. Direct downloads from the humble bundle site are DRM free and available for PC, Mac, and Linux.

It's usually best to get in on these early. Sometimes they add things in later with requirements, but everyone who purchased already automatically gets them. Of course since they started out with throwing in the Frozenbyte bundle for above average purchases that may not apply this time. The average is going up and will most likely continue to rise as sales continue.

As usual you can also support two great charities, Child's Play and the EFF, with your purchase.

Ends 10/12

http://www.humblebundle.com/

To get a better sense of the what the game is check out the 20-minute Quick Look on Giant Bomb. It's from the game's beta period so it's not 100% representative of the final product, but it will give you an idea of how it plays.

Update 9/30:
TRAUMA added to bundle. It will be added to your Steam library automatically if you already redeemed your key.

Update 10/5:
SpaceChem added to bundle. This one will not be automatically added to your Steam list. There is a separate Steam key on your bundle download page.

Update 10/7:
SpaceChem's soundtrack has been added to the bundle download page.

Game Trailers
Frozen Synapse
[youtube]vVGu_ydmwm8[/youtube]
TRAUMA
[youtube]AHWSJiJUWEc[/youtube]
SpaceChem
[youtube]w1_w_-46rV0[/youtube]
Trine
[youtube]LXdwRmiZam4[/youtube]
Shadowgrounds
[youtube]8YL8MNS2ySM[/youtube]
Shadowgrounds Survivor
[youtube]ZZ36kvLf8qI[/youtube]
Jack Claw
[youtube]KzcBJ5y1jV4[/youtube]
Splot
[youtube]2oI7GGQW4Ns[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mako1215']So for $5 we get 5 games?[/QUOTE]

Well the average is 4.39 so as long as its > 4.39. I gave a 5 to give a nice round number and alittle extra to it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...just a note to what I said, it seems like the average is dropping fast...so i don't know if right this minute was the right choice. That being said, I love the humble bundles and wont complain that I paid a little more, just wanted to inform others.[/QUOTE]
How could you possibly complain when you get to spend whatever amount you want? You can only pay too much if you choose to do so. And yes, I know you're not actually complaining; I just found that odd.

This is cool. I just learned about Humble Bundle from a Gamestop employee last week.

The only thing really stopping me is that my PC probably couldn't handle any of these games. I guess I'll have to figure something out or at the very least contribute to charity some other way.

Wish this worked with PSN/XBLA/WiiWare or something similar would happen. I can contribute through PSN more easily at the moment.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is cool. I just learned about Humble Bundle from a Gamestop employee last week.

The only thing really stopping me is that my PC probably couldn't handle any of these games. I guess I'll have to figure something out or at the very least contribute to charity some other way.

Wish this worked with PSN/XBLA/WiiWare or something similar would happen. I can contribute through PSN more easily at the moment.[/QUOTE]

You know... these are DRM free and you can keep them forever. Why not donate and if your PC can't run them right now, just wait and I'm certain either your next PC or your next phone will be able to run them. ;)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is cool. I just learned about Humble Bundle from a Gamestop employee last week.

Wish this worked with PSN/XBLA/WiiWare or something similar would happen. I can contribute through PSN more easily at the moment.[/QUOTE]

The only game that I've played in this bundle is Trine and that won't run on a really old PC. Bundles 1, 2, and 3 have included games that run on very low end PCs and Netbooks. Definitely keep your eye out in case more games are added to this one and when the next one comes around.

[quote name='ZombieToast']How could you possibly complain when you get to spend whatever amount you want? You can only pay too much if you choose to do so. And yes, I know you're not actually complaining; I just found that odd.[/QUOTE]

...I said that to avoid people thinking I was complaining and then subsequently complaining about my complaining over a pay what you want deal, while still letting people know about it...

[quote name='teknomedic']You know... these are DRM free and you can keep them forever. Why not donate and if your PC can't run them right now, just wait and I'm certain either your next PC or your next phone will be able to run them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right I could go that route.

[quote name='louiedog']The only game that I've played in this bundle is Trine and that won't run on a really old PC. Bundles 1, 2, and 3 have included games that run on very low end PCs and Netbooks. Definitely keep your eye out in case more games are added to this one and when the next one comes around.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say my best PC is a Netbook at the moment.

I signed up with my email for Humble Bundle a few days ago, before I saw this thread. This thread has gotten my attention with Humble Bumble as I would have most definitely forgotten about it/would have been really hesitant to use it not knowing about it, thanks for posting.

I only gave $5 this time around, since I don't know much about the games. It's fewer than the HIB 3 + 2 they had earlier, and I already have Trine. If the other games are good, I'm gonna up my donation to $10. It's so amazing how low the average is for each OS. Can't wait to see all of the giveaways in the contests and free stuff section giving these out :p

Not sure if I care about this game, but what the heck, DRM free and I can support a little developer and the EFF (and add to my INSANE backlog :lol:)

Im so glad they went with the 1 game format. This time around charity and devs wont get so screwed by people buying 100 bundles for 1 dollar.

It's been said before in this topic, but darn it, I'm gonna say it again. How can you call it a bundle if it's only one game? Yeah I know, you get the Frozenbyte bundle thrown in if you donate above the average payment, but I already managed to snag that bundle back in April. So for me, it's one game.

It's not a bundle. The only reason that they'd call it a bundle is because the organization/web site is called Humble Bundle. So they had to label it a bundle.

Well anyways, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I can get back to celebrating my opportunity to pick up Frozen Synapse (which I've had my eye on for several months) for below what it would cost me to get it on steam. They even threw in the soundtrack to boot. Wahooo!

[quote name='The End']It's been said before in this topic, but darn it, I'm gonna say it again. How can you call it a bundle if it's only one game? Yeah I know, you get the Frozenbyte bundle thrown in if you donate above the average payment, but I already managed to snag that bundle back in April. So for me, it's one game.

It's not a bundle. The only reason that they'd call it a bundle is because the organization/web site is called Humble Bundle. So they had to label it a bundle.[/QUOTE]

It's a bundle of the game and the soundtrack together. They're sold individually unless you buy a package that bundles them together like this one.

It seems kinda silly to point out its not really a traditional bundle like their previous ones when your getting a great game and soundtrack that you pay what you want for.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Not sure if I care about this game, but what the heck, DRM free and I can support a little developer and the EFF (and add to my INSANE backlog :lol:)[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, do most CAGs support the EFF? Personally, I like their mission, but I think they go about a lot of things in the wrong way.

On topic though, Thanks to the OP. I went in for the full bundle. I am sort of hoping they will add some of the old bundles as I missed out on #3 and would love a copy of Crayon Physics and COGS.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Just out of curiosity, do most CAGs support the EFF? Personally, I like their mission, but I think they go about a lot of things in the wrong way.[/QUOTE]
I do, in fact I put charity part exclusively to the EFF, since I don't live in America and Child's Play does nothing outside of the US.
Like you, I do like the EFFs mission statement, and that's why I support them. I have to admit though that I have no idea how EFF conduct themselves, so I don't know what you're referring to.

[quote name='TestType']I do, in fact I put charity part exclusively to the EFF, since I don't live in America and Child's Play does nothing outside of the US.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you'll look at the Child's Play website, they contribute to hospitals in Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand and Egypt.

I'm thinking I'll probably funnel my donation to the Cairo hospital this year. I have a feeling they'll need it.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Just out of curiosity, do most CAGs support the EFF? Personally, I like their mission, but I think they go about a lot of things in the wrong way.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I don't support either charity. My money goes to the developers and Humble folks.

Cool. I've never played an adventure game, so now's my chance.

I would have bet $100 that they wouldn't be trowing in any additional games. They didn't do so when they had the Frozenbyte bundle earlier this year. I figured that only the numbered bundles got throw-ins. Glad to see I was wrong.

Now I can stop bitching about it not really being a "bundle".

[quote name='louiedog']The indie adventure game Trauma has been added. It should show up in your Steam library shortly.

I've heard mixed things and it's supposed to be very short, but I've been interested in checking this game out so I'm excited.

http://www.traumagame.com/[/QUOTE]

Coolness. What I'd read about Trauma intrigued me, so I think it's terrific that it got "bundled" in.

[quote name='The End']Cool. I've never played an adventure game, so now's my chance.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet, but from what I know this is not a typical adventure game. I don't think it's a good representation of the genre. What you should do is grab Broken Sword which is free for the next 20 hours or so. It's a great adventure game and is considered a classic. You can just add it to your account and download it later.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Trauma isn't showing up in my steam game list yet, anyone else have it show up yet?[/QUOTE]

It's showing in mine because I restarted. If you go to the Trauma page it will say "play now" signifying that you bought it. It doesn't show up in your library immediately after being added to your account. It'll either take awhile or you can restart.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Trauma isn't showing up in my steam game list yet, anyone else have it show up yet?[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue. Logged out of Steam and went back in twice and it was there. Give it a shot!

[quote name='xRandizzy']8 3.

Trauma looks... interesting. Still, dunno if I'll buy in considering I own all of that except it. And I'm not onea them penny-ers, if I'm buying in, it'll at least be above the average.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Just out of curiosity, do most CAGs support the EFF? Personally, I like their mission, but I think they go about a lot of things in the wrong way.
[/QUOTE]

What things do they go about the wrong way?

[quote name='ditogi']What things do they go about the wrong way?[/QUOTE]

They utilize government to create laws to generate their organization's vision of justice, in doing so they risk infringing on someone else's rights. Its the difference between controlling outcomes and creating equality before the law. I am all for equality before the law, which they also champion, but they also try to control outcomes to meet their view of what is "just", which I don't care for. I like that they raise awareness about issues and I like that they fight intrusive government actions, but I would prefer they not try to create their own laws.

If you are looking for an example, take DRM. I personally don't use DRM on what I release, but I believe it should be up to the owner of the content if they want to impose DRM on the user. I like that EFF spreads the word about DRM to consumers and does research into the true costs, so that producers can understand the negative effects of utilizing DRM on their products, but their attempts to influence the FTC and government to place legal bans on the tech rubs me the wrong way.

Hope that clarifies things.

I know this is random, but I have a friend who has moved quite a distance from me. We used to play co-op games all the time, and, as far as I know, I'm his only gamer friend. Anyway, he's wanting to play some games with me but his computer/laptop is crap. I mean, idk his processor or memory, but I do know his graphics is an intel(r) 82852/82855.

What I'm getting at is could he play Frozen Synapse on his computer? Any of the other games in this bundle?
If not, are there any games on Steam or GOG that someone might recommend? I don't want to derail the thread, but I would like to know if there is any hope before I tell him to drop some money on Frozen Synapse or anything else.

Thanks!

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I know this is random, but I have a friend who has moved quite a distance from me. We used to play co-op games all the time, and, as far as I know, I'm his only gamer friend. Anyway, he's wanting to play some games with me but his computer/laptop is crap. I mean, idk his processor or memory, but I do know his graphics is an intel(r) 82852/82855.

What I'm getting at is could he play Frozen Synapse on his computer? Any of the other games in this bundle?
If not, are there any games on Steam or GOG that someone might recommend? I don't want to derail the thread, but I would like to know if there is any hope before I tell him to drop some money on Frozen Synapse or anything else.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The system requirements list what are essentially standard netbook specs from 2009 with integrated graphics, so I would assume so. I updated the OP earlier today with links to all of the game websites and marked which ones have demos. Have him give that a try and see if his computer will run it if you want to make sure.

[quote name='louiedog']The system requirements list what are essentially standard netbook specs from 2009 with integrated graphics, so I would assume so. I updated the OP earlier today with links to all of the game websites and marked which ones have demos. Have him give that a try and see if his computer will run it if you want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

#-o I see that now...thanks, I'll check out the OP...So often, on the deals threads, the first post isn't updated and I didn't think to look.

Thanks for the guidance and the thread!

Sorry, I checked the op and browsed the posts, but does this include two copies like the steam version or is this for a single copy?

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Sorry, I checked the op and browsed the posts, but does this include two copies like the steam version or is this for a single copy?[/QUOTE]

It comes with one multiplayer key. I'm not sure if all versions of the game (Steam, Desura, etc) need that key to be activated or not. I haven't had a chance to download it yet. It seems that it's focused for an individual purchase though.

[quote name='candy-o']great deal but my paypal is jacked up right now[/QUOTE]

You can also use google checkout and amazon payments. If you have a credit card both of those are reliable.

SpaceChem has been added to the bundle.

SpaceChem is an obscenely addictive, design-based puzzle game about building machines and fighting monsters in the name of science!

edit: Unlike TRAUMA and previous bundles, this one will not be automatically added to your Steam library. There is a separate Steam key for the game on your bundle download page.

[quote name='louiedog']SpaceChem has been added to the bundle.[/QUOTE]

AWESOME! that game has like 84% metacritic score. was waiting for a sale, now it's bundled! will it auto download through Steam?

Will Space Chem be added to my Steam Library as well like Trauma? I love these bundles. Even if the games are less than par, you get like 6+ for a $10 donation.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Will Space Chem be added to my Steam Library as well like Trauma? I love these bundles. Even if the games are less than par, you get like 6+ for a $10 donation.[/QUOTE]

No, it won't be automatic this time, but you do get a Steam copy. There is a separate Steam key on your bundle download page.

[quote name='louiedog']No, it won't be automatic this time, but you do get a Steam copy. There is a separate Steam key on your bundle download page.[/QUOTE]
Fantastic, thanks. Will get to adding that to my Steam Library after my Rage finishes installing.

Oh man, Space Chem looks so cold and mechanical. Not everything needs to looks like Nintendo's "Tetris DS" when it comes to geometrical presentation, but I'm admittedly rather intimidated by this game and its concept. Thoughts?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Oh man, Space Chem looks so cold and mechanical. Not everything needs to looks like Nintendo's "Tetris DS" when it comes to geometrical presentation, but I'm admittedly rather intimidated by this game and its concept. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

SpaceChem is an excellent game, and don't let the presentation fool you. The chemistry aspect of it is irrelevant and nothing more than a setting. This is a programming/puzzle game through and through, and once you understand the mechanics I guarantee you will be sketching out possible solutions in your spare time at work/class and trying to figure out better and more efficient designs for your reactions.

If I was to compare it to something else I'd have to say that World of Goo evokes the same sense. In some levels, your crude, inefficient design will work, but you will win by the skin of your teeth with the knowledge that 5 more seconds on the clock would have caused the whole thing to fail miserably. Then you will have an "aha" moment the next day and hit upon a different way of preparing the whole thing that results in an efficient, smooth reaction that could run for days uninterrupted.

Those are the designs that you go back to again and again as the reactions get more and more complex and involve multiple reactors. It can be unbelievably exhilarating when it's not kicking your ass.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Oh man, Space Chem looks so cold and mechanical. Not everything needs to looks like Nintendo's "Tetris DS" when it comes to geometrical presentation, but I'm admittedly rather intimidated by this game and its concept. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I played the demo and it immediately went to number one on my wishlist. I'm very, very happy that it's in this bundle.

I wouldn't describe the game as cold, but it is very...methodical. You have to really think the puzzles through and get things timed just so. That said, there is some more leeway than there may initially appear to be, especially if you're not overly concerned with your score.

I find the game's presentation suited to its scientific theme. I would describe it as "clean" more than anything. As a little bonus, you can learn a bit about chemical notation from playing it, as well.

Off to play!

So Splot and JackClaw still aren't actually finished, right?

I *THINK* I already bought them in an earlier bundle.

I'm still planning on buying this bundle though, although I'm not paying as much as I did on the last one with more games I was interested in (I think I paid $40 or 50 for the last one, this one I'm thinking maybe $20, since it's just one or two games I don't already have, and I don't really care about them much).

bread's done
Back