Humble Indie Bundle 9 - Bonuses unlocked: Rocketbirds, A Virus Named TOM, Bastion, LIMBO

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay What You Want ($1+ for Steam keys)

• Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Eets Munches Beta
  • Brutal Legend
BTA:

• FTL: Faster than Light
  • Fez
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Edition*
  • A Virus Named TOM*
  • Bastion*
  • LIMBO*
*Bonuses added on 9/18 at 11 AM Pacific. Unlike previous bundles, you must beat the average at the time of your purchase to get these regardless of when you bought it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

There has been talk of not wanting to support Phil Fish if Fez was ever bundled. Please do not use this as an opportunity to punish the other developers. You can choose to adjust the payment that goes to each. But remember, if you decide that a game is worth redeeming and playing, it's probably worth paying for.
how-to:
czwRxOk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how long before we find out what else is in the bundle? I already bought this and BTA, I'm just curious to see what else we get 

Yeah, soooo, I didn't even buy the bundle for Mark of The Ninja, but it's so guuud, lol. Some of the purest stealth gameplay I've experienced in a long while.

On the subject of having to BTA to get the bonus games, I see it the other way.

[snipped a lot of entitled whining about how dare HB change their procedure]

So it'll be the next sale like this when Humble sees the change happen in their sales and they'll see a major dropoff past those first couple of hours during the cheaper period. They'll see people hanging back since the price will be high past a certain point anyway, waiting to find out which games are coming. I suspect it'll reduce sales to the point where they end up with less money altogether.

Too bad. They poisoned the well. I for one don't buy sight unseen unless it's incredibly cheap and I was buying bundles that I owned every game on just to option into those other games, but I won't do it for ~$5. I think this change is going to backfire on them and they're only going to see it with the next bundle after the fit that happens once those games show up and everyone's not getting them.
After 4 days and 13 hours, they've raised $2.2M on 476K bundles. That makes it the 7th-highest money earner of all time. If it scrapes up another $500K in the next 9-1/2 days, it will be #4 in the money list behind HIB 5, THQ and Origin. You're presuming that everyone is too stupid to notice the change and that people are still blindly buying, but will exact their revenge next time when they don't get their free stuff they feel entitled to. IOW, you're projecting your anger upon everyone else and assuming that everyone else will refuse to support HB until they go back to their old arrangement. My prediction is the opposite.

I looked through my purchases/google and found where else these games were offered so maybe you got them in other Humble Bundles.

Super Meat Boy - HIB 5

Jamestown/Bit Trip Runner - HIB 6

Night Sky - Android 5/6

Shank - Humble Weekly Klei

Or maybe you used a different email account and don't remember. On Groupees, I've done that - using a facebook login and an email login so I have 2 accounts on there with purchases.

Or, possibly, someone gifted the key to you (Steamgifts?), you bought it from someone on CAG, or won it in a contest (CAG group giveaway?).
Gilby figured out what happened shortly after the post you replied to; if you'd kept scrolling, you would've seen it. He was able to determine that I'd been lucky enough to pick up a key drop from a Steam thread, thus solving the Mystery of the Missing Bundle.

Looking at the registry edits I'm going to guess Psychonauts, Rocketbirds, Monaco, and Gunpoint as bonuses.  Would have been nice to pick those up for $3ish had I locked in the BTA early but I passed since I owned everything but Fez (which I didn't want).  Still, if those end up being the additions and you're someone who didn't own any of that then $3-5 is an insanely good deal.  Still blows the doors off of Indie Royale.

No Gun Monkeys?  You would think Gun Monkeys would be begging to be in Humble.  Or what about Surgeon Sim.  That should be it.  With individual keys I wonder how accurate registry edits have to do with anything nowadays. 

Well I'm sure they're begging although apparently Humble is a hard bundle to get your game in. Keep in mind I'm just making loosely educated guesses. Might not be any of those games and/or they might be upcoming midweek deals. I just scanned the latest updates and they looked like reasonable candidates.

Lame; all right; awesome; interesting... but hasn't it been bundled before?
Psychonauts has been bundled quite a bit although I could see why they'd toss in something like that if the other ones are new. But, again, I'm just making guesses.

Oh, I don't think so... not that I can remember.  It was released in June.  And although good it's also fairly short (about 2.5 hours).  Same with Rocketbirds.

Edit: Apparently the soundtrack was in a Game Music Bundle but not the game itself.

If Gunpoint and Monaco are both included as bonuses I will pee my pants six or seven times. Both of those games are on my wishlist, and I've held out of multiple temptations to buy Monaco on sale.

Those would be incredible bonuses. Assuming you're still able to get them by increasing your pledge after they're unlocked I'd be all over them. Wish they would have picked a different Double Fine game though, I think this would be the third bundle Psychonauts has been in.

Oh, I don't think so... not that I can remember. It was released in June. And although good it's also fairly short (about 2.5 hours). Same with Rocketbirds.

Edit: Apparently the soundtrack was in a Game Music Bundle but not the game itself.
That could easily be what I'm thinking of. (Or it could be that I'm confusing it with another game with "gun" somewhere in the title.)

Looking at the registry edits I'm going to guess Psychonauts, Rocketbirds, Monaco, and Gunpoint as bonuses. Would have been nice to pick those up for $3ish had I locked in the BTA early but I passed since I owned everything but Fez (which I didn't want). Still, if those end up being the additions and you're someone who didn't own any of that then $3-5 is an insanely good deal. Still blows the doors off of Indie Royale.
Moobs, I hope you're right, as I really want Gunpoint, but Monaco was the only one of the games you listed that had their retail counterpart in the DB updated. All the other updates were for the Steam-sold versions - which typically doesn't translate to bundle goodness.

Listen, sonny. In my day we didn't have no $0.25 cent games. You'll take what you get and like it!
haha, well, i mean the bundle is already gold for me so not complaining. Just seems like they're always giving away either Binding of Isaac or Psychonauts. I won't stand for it anymore.

Quite possibly.

Damn, I already own Divinity 2 and Sherlock. :whistle2:(
Me too...just bought the Divinity Anthology during the Focus weekend (albeit for just $5 from a CAG) and also got Sherlock when it was $5 on Amazon (figured 80%+ off was pretty good - apparently not.)

Still in for a non-BTA tier, interested in RAW and Confrontation if nothing else.

I haven't had a shuttle last two jumps, yet, in FTL, before the asspirate confederacy ambushes me and wrecks my ship. Usually, they nail my oxygen tank before I can even select my weaponry. Is this normal?

Totally worth whatever I paid for it --- watching my bitchass co-pilot get sucked out the window is pretty fun.

I haven't had a shuttle last two jumps, yet, in FTL, before the asspirate confederacy ambushes me and wrecks my ship. Usually, they nail my oxygen tank before I can even select my weaponry. Is this normal?

Totally worth whatever I paid for it --- watching my bitchass co-pilot get sucked out the window is pretty fun.
If you mean "is it normal to agonizingly lose again and again and again", the answer is a resounding yes :fridge:

I'm glad that the EFF is a charity choice here. I'm pretty sure they weren't an option for the last Bundle I purchased.

I also like the sliding bars for the devs, so that I can choose to not give money to a certain dev I don't like.

Yeah, it would be best for people to set their expectations low. Games added as a bonus typically don't make anywhere near the amount of money that the main games make. As a result, Devs with high profile games are probably more interested in getting a slot in the next Humble Indie Bundle than they are in getting added as a bonus.

Obviously they've changed the way that the bundles work this time around. But it doesn't change the fact that the devs for the games that get added don't start seeing any money until those games are actually added. I'd feel better about the chances of getting something good if there was some sort of set aside for "bonus games" in the payment breakdown.

Its just amazing how much cash Humble Bundle is pulling in now on a monthly basis. we're talking roughly 3-6 million per month now. Its good for Steam, its good for the developers, its good for the charities, its good for gamers and last but not least, its good for Humble Bundle. Its just a great idea all the way around. 

Its just amazing how much cash Humble Bundle is pulling in now on a monthly basis. we're talking roughly 3-6 million per month now. Its good for Steam, its good for the developers, its good for the charities, its good for gamers and last but not least, its good for Humble Bundle. Its just a great idea all the way around.
I feel like this deserves a meme. It would have like a leave it to beaver 1950s guy in a suit with both thumbs up and an exaggerated smile. I won't post it because I don't want to be silenced.

I'm hoping the bonuses are something sweet. To be honest, sometimes the Humble bonuses can suck in that they will throw in a previous bundle or something that was previously bundled. Maybe now they will try to find something new.

bread's done
Back