[Humble Store] Starbound 4-pack pre-order 25% off ($45)[Steam]

its not a trade :)...just wanna let you guys know about the game and its on sale for 4 packs (25% off if you buy 4 pack) :)

eulogywerd21 linked to the trade forum because most people probably don't need all 4 copies for themselves. Going there allows CAGs to get together with 3 other people to buy the pack and get the cheaper price on their personal copy.

I would go in on a 4-pack, but since the keys don't go out right away, I probably wouldn't want to put my money down right away either.

It'd probably help to mention somewhere in the op that this is a pre-order/crowd-funder.

I'm also kinda confused where the "Humble Store" in the title comes into play... I did a search on the link and never once saw anything mentioning the word "humble", are you trying to hitch this deal to the Humble Bundle name?

So, what is this? Terraria with a story? I freaking loved Terraria but anyone have impressions of the game - think its going to be good? Its got a lot of backers sure but lol I dont wanna get burned here...

[quote name='iamsmart']It'd probably help to mention somewhere in the op that this is a pre-order/crowd-funder.

I'm also kinda confused where the "Humble Store" in the title comes into play... I did a search on the link and never once saw anything mentioning the word "humble", are you trying to hitch this deal to the Humble Bundle name?[/QUOTE]

Developers can use the systems created by the Humble Bundle people to host their files and manage payments. It's referred to as The Humble Store. If you click through one of the "buy now" buttons on the page you'll see a widget that looks very much like the payment area of a humble bundle/weekly sale with "Humble Store" in the bottom right corner.

The developers for FTL, McPixel, etc. use it as well on their websites. The game and any extras get added to your Humble Account just like any bundles you buy.

The Humble Store offers PayPal, Amazon, and Google payment options and also allows for users to link their various purchases to their Humble account. (then you can 'claim' the page and have any updates/keys/etc. all located on one page/account)

It's great for DRM-free as well as Steam/Desura or some combination thereof. (you usually get all of the above if the game supports it)

[quote name='Reaperain']So, what is this? Terraria with a story? I freaking loved Terraria but anyone have impressions of the game - think its going to be good? Its got a lot of backers sure but lol I dont wanna get burned here...[/QUOTE]

Think of your world in Terraria as a single planet in Starbound. You'll have a ship for travel between planets and each planet will have various biomes.

If anyone is a bit apprehensive then I'd advise them to wait until the beta/release date is announced before pre-ordering but, supposedly, the pre-order price is cheaper than what the game will be at release. ($15 for pre-order so likely $20 at release)

[quote name='Reaperain']So, what is this? Terraria with a story? I freaking loved Terraria but anyone have impressions of the game - think its going to be good? Its got a lot of backers sure but lol I dont wanna get burned here...[/QUOTE]

Son, you don't even know! XD /joking

Seriously though, think Terraria, with a near infinite number of procedurally generated worlds, with randomized elements of weather, terrain, items, inhabitants, enemies, villages, ect. Yes, there's a story, and the developer said characters are important, and when it's all said and done you can choose a world make your own home world, change the terrain, weather, buildings, and bring whatever NPC's and creatures you want to live there.

And you play a character created from currently 6, and soon to be 7 base races, with several appearance modifiers, and all with all with 10 tier armor sets of their own, and later in the game you can start getting armor sets of other races. That's not even to talk about all the other weapons, armors, and modifiers of those... PLUS more advanced and thought out combat system, and way easier/better multiplayer, and a promise of consistent updates for a year, and minor updates after that.

This is Terraria 3000. :p I can't wait.

bread's done
Back