Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PS3/XBOX360) Pre-order $44.99 at TRU

[quote name='Brother Daz']The xbox 360 version was $30 during the price mistake IIRC. I'm sure thats the version he got[/QUOTE]
Crap.

[quote name='Achilles00']I actually found it humorous, witty even. Whatever, I'm annoyed at their excuse that the item "isn't available" and wish that they could have at least been courteous enough to acknowledge their error, but this cancellation hardly comes as a surprise.[/QUOTE]

How is that e-mail witty at all? It's straight up complaining and whining.

Now if he said something like, "All my future orders from Toys R Us have been canceled because funds are currently unavailable," then okay, I get it, he'd be twisting around what they said. But going, "Wah, wah, wah, you're not getting any more money from me," is neither witty nor humorous.

[quote name='rebelmusic']How is that e-mail witty at all? It's straight up complaining and whining.

Now if he said something like, "All my future orders from Toys R Us have been canceled because funds are currently unavailable," then okay, I get it, he'd be twisting around what they said. But going, "Wah, wah, wah, you're not getting any more money from me," is neither witty nor humorous.[/QUOTE]

We can agree that we see things differently, then.

In any case, I'm not going to sweat missing out on this game. For $20, sure, I was in.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The xbox 360 version was $30 during the price mistake IIRC. I'm sure thats the version he got

Sure like any game it'll drop in price eventually,but $20within the first month I dont know about that. I have been interested in it since I first heard about it though, so getting it for $32 at launch is good a deal to me.[/QUOTE]

I think enslaved dropped to $20 on amazon a little over a month after release during a gold box event. Tons of games drop within a month. I see the same thing coming with this game.

I had pre-ordered the 360 version. Maybe I'll call as well and try to get the $15 credit and get it for the price it was going for with the glitch anyway.

I was questioning whether or not I actually had a $20 interest in this game anyway. I know I don't have a $30 interest in it, especially if it requires talking to a customer service rep. I think most of us expected this to be canceled anyway. Sometimes you win (LA Noire for $30), sometimes you lose. :)

Canceled as well, called them and they offered $10 off, I asked for $20 to keep my business. Didn't fly. Not worth it plus I kinda expected this... so oh well.

[quote name='Arkanos']I'm honestly still surprised that GoHastings went ahead and is honoring all those price mistakes they made around the holidays this past year.

... of course.. I'll believe it 100% when I'm holding my $29.99 copy of LA Noire in my hands, :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well at least we have an email from gohastings telling us that they will honor the price mistake. I will definitely make a stir if they try to go back on their word now.

Whats the CS number. I may as well give it a try. The 360 version is really the one I am interested in anyway and if I can get it for 30ish I will be happy.

:::Edit::: also are they open 24/7 for CS, I have about a 30 minute drive and nothing better to do coming up here.

[quote name='DesertLeo']just got my offer for $10 off. meh, might just take it, i dunno....[/QUOTE]

Try for $15. You can always trade it in to amazon for ~$40 if you don't like it.

Got it too. Not mad, still picking the game up though, love couch co-op and it looks pretty fun, IMO). They COULD have sent a better email though! lol

But its cool. It was a pricing error obviously, they are not forced to honor it, we knew we were "In for 1 cancellation email", and we got it. I would feign anger and say "Ill never shop at TRU again!", but I havent ever shopped there in the first place!

Got mine last night too. Not upset about the cancellation, I expected it, but I am aggravated by the lie they tried to feed me in the email. Said the reason for cancellation was the item was "currently unavailable". Well DUH, it's a pre-order, of course it's not available. And yet I can still pre-order it online for a much higher price, hmmmm.

So I called and told the lady I wasn't going to buy from them anymore because the company lied to me (was polite about it though). She offerred $10 off but I'll just wait for the price drop. Really wish companies would just be honest about when they list things for incorrect prices.

Also I was thinking, the discount they are offering to customer support is kinda there way of letting the average person get away with their price error, (Not as low as the ps3 but the 30 dollar 360 ones) while not letting the hoarders get their 5+ copies and what not.

All in all a pretty good showing on their part.

So I got this in my inbox:

canceldemon.jpg

Like many of you who received this cancellation email I was bummed out that my order didn't go through for that price but I kinda knew it was coming.

Anyways I came online to the forums to see if anyone got this email and found that many of you were calling Toy's R Us Customer Service number (800-869-7787) and were getting $10 off the special price of $44.99 making the total price $34.99.

So I decided "what the hell" and gave it a shot. I called TRU and spoke to their customer service rep who pretty much told me about the pricing error and told me that he couldn't honor the original price of $19.99. So in a very firm tone of voice I explained to him why the order should be honored and requested to speak to his manager.

Manager "Justin" got on the phone and was completely nice and willing to bend over backwards to keep me as a customer and offered to bring down the price to just $24.99. I pretty much couldn't complain about $5 dollars so I agreed to his offer and requested that he change the PS3 version to the Xbox 360 version in light of all the Sony Networks being hacked.

He assured me it was not a problem and transferred me over to one of his sales rep's again to place a new order for the Xbox 360 Version for only $24.99! See below for my final total that includes tax & free shipping:

demonw.jpg

Official total came to $27.18 for Xbox 360!

All in all it was worth the drama of ordering, having it canceled, than jumping on the phone with them. They did right by honoring as much as the original price as possible and I'm once again super excited about this release for the price I paid =).

Anyone else experience anything similar?

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I just reported the 44.99 price to amazon for a price match. Tax free and all my amazon credit could be nice on this title.[/QUOTE]
Same here, hopefully they'll match it soon.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I just reported the 44.99 price to amazon for a price match. Tax free and all my amazon credit could be nice on this title.
[/QUOTE]

I've supported this cause as well! :applause:

I got my order canceled too but when I called up, the rep PMed it for $20.

BTW, I called up an hour or so after receiving my email. Rep said he just got off the phone w/ another customer w/ the same issue.
Pretty cool dude. We never once brought up price error. He and I couldn't understand how a pre-order game could be out of stock so he went ahead and placed another order for me PMing it. Quick 3 minute phone call.

[quote name='aznhero913']I got my order canceled too but when I called up, the rep PMed it for $20.

BTW, I called up an hour or so after receiving my email. Rep said he just got off the phone w/ another customer w/ the same issue.
Pretty cool dude. We never once brought up price error. He and I couldn't understand how a pre-order game could be out of stock so he went ahead and placed another order for me PMing it. Quick 3 minute phone call.[/QUOTE]
Humm, I am curious, I got them to credit 15 dollars towards the 360 version, but had ordered one of each. Could I try and call up again with the ps3's original order number and see if I could get them to PM it?

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Humm, I am curious, I got them to credit 15 dollars towards the 360 version, but had ordered one of each. Could I try and call up again with the ps3's original order number and see if I could get them to PM it?[/QUOTE]

I just steered the conversation towards "how can a pre-order item be out of stock"......CSR got the agreed and re-ordered it for me.

Good luck bro!

Just callled now, she said "Oh....the hunted game"

they're on to us! They had a note about it, she offered 10 off but I was never that interested in the game

[quote name='aznhero913']I got my order canceled too but when I called up, the rep PMed it for $20.

Pretty cool dude. We never once brought up price error. He and I couldn't understand how a pre-order game could be out of stock so he went ahead and placed another order for me PMing it. Quick 3 minute phone call.[/QUOTE]

They probably circulated a memo a couple of hours after the email was sent out, cause when I called in the rep had *just* received a note on the issue.

[quote name='morrodox']Got mine last night too. Not upset about the cancellation, I expected it, but I am aggravated by the lie they tried to feed me in the email. Said the reason for cancellation was the item was "currently unavailable". Well DUH, it's a pre-order, of course it's not available. And yet I can still pre-order it online for a much higher price, hmmmm.

So I called and told the lady I wasn't going to buy from them anymore because the company lied to me (was polite about it though). She offerred $10 off but I'll just wait for the price drop. Really wish companies would just be honest about when they list things for incorrect prices.[/QUOTE]
I decided to take the $10 credit. $35 for a brand new game isn't too bad at all. I just won't open it until I see the reviews first.

I never thought I would like dungeon crawler type games but, remarkably, a simple game like Dungeon Hunter: Alliance completely changed my mind about the genre.

The people that called in to complain about the cancellation disgust me. You knew full well that this was a mistake when you pre-ordered and you still think you're entitled to a lower price?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The people that called in to complain about the cancellation disgust me. You knew full well that this was a mistake when you pre-ordered and you still think you're entitled to a lower price?[/QUOTE]

Your tag fits u well because if u didnt notice in the past few months certain companies would go that extra mile to get customers to come back due to an error by them.
Case in point Homefront/L.A Noire by Gohastings and Modells.com with the sports titles fiasco.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The people that called in to complain about the cancellation disgust me. You knew full well that this was a mistake when you pre-ordered and you still think you're entitled to a lower price?[/QUOTE]
I in no way feel entitled to a lower price. If the CS rep I talked to said, sorry it was an error on our part, but you can place a new order at the set MSRP on our webiste right now, I would have said oh ok thanks, but I think I will pass. Sorry to hear about the problem, have a nice day. That in no way means I am not going to try and get a better price on a game.

::edit:: Not to mention this shows great integrity on TRU part. That they are admitting their mistake and making it up to customers, and will probably insure that they get repeat business because they went above and beyond what they had to do.

You feel better now about yourself after making that post?

did you forget what forum you are on or something?

also, i just called toys r us CS and i was nice and politely explained the situation, and the cs rep reordered it for me at the original 29.99 (for xbox) and gave me free next day shipping for the inconvenience.

[quote name='apolloimburning']did you forget what forum you are on or something?

also, i just called toys r us CS and i was nice and politely explained the situation, and the cs rep reordered it for me at the original 29.99 (for xbox) and gave me free next day shipping for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

glad it worked out for you bro!

[quote name='apolloimburning']did you forget what forum you are on or something?

also, i just called toys r us CS and i was nice and politely explained the situation, and the cs rep reordered it for me at the original 29.99 (for xbox) and gave me free next day shipping for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

Did this site change to whinybitchgamer.com when I wasn't looking?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Did this site change to whinybitchgamer.com when I wasn't looking?[/QUOTE]

Based on what I can tell you're the first person to come in here and whine and bitch about it. Everyone knew the orders were going to be canceled, but that doesn't mean you don't try. They called and got a result. No where did they say they were angry or rude and demanded the price be honored, TRU chose to sometimes honor the mistake and sometimes not.

if you read my post you'd see that i didn't bitch or whine at all. i simply explained the situation in a normal tone, like a normal person would. had he not been able to do anything for me, i simply would have said "thats quite alright, thank you for your help anyways".

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Did this site change to whinybitchgamer.com when I wasn't looking?[/QUOTE]

no but I think it's changing to heylookatme.i'm.anasshole.com

Heads up for anyone else who called TRU about this -- you may be getting a feedback survey emailed to you. Good opportunity to let them know you're unhappy with the way they handled the cancellation (lying about reason). I rated the individual customer service rep very highly, and the company as an entity quite low. Should get the point across without punishing anyone who wasn't directly responsible for the F-up.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Heylookatmeimanasshole.com does not come up in google for me... I'll try lycos search.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol:

for anyone who called and had them reorder or give a discount, is it reflected on the website or did you get an email? I have yet to receive anything regarding my reorder or discount....

I received two emails about it, one for the order itself and then another about it being a pre-order. I received them both within a 1 or so of reordering

[quote name='apolloimburning']for anyone who called and had them reorder or give a discount, is it reflected on the website or did you get an email? I have yet to receive anything regarding my reorder or discount....[/QUOTE]

When did you call? I got my order confirmation a couple of minutes after

yesterday at about 5pm. i guess another call is in order....

*huge sigh*

edit: when i log in to my tru account, i see nothing new in my orders.
Nevermind. Just called, apparently they are crediting $15 to my account when my new order @44.99 ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back