Hyperdimension Neptunia PS3 Set @ NISA Online Store (Free Shipping)

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got an e-mail saying that Hyperdimension Neptunia is available for pre-order from the NISA online store. It's $59.99 with free shipping (you have to choose USPS/other from the scroll down menu). You also get an artbook and a set of playing cards with the game. The artbook is included with all copies but the playing cards are exclusive to NISA.

EDIT:
Pre-order is out, but here's the new link to the game. Which does NOT include the cards.
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Neptunia-PS3-Premium-Box

Here is a trailer for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txGb3UTo1A

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I was about to post that! Anyway, thanks! I pre-ordered my copy :) FREE SHIPPING, I know, I can't believe it myself too!

I LOVE the premise of the game, but I literally know nothing about it other than the premise and that it's a turn-based battle system. I'll need to see some reviews before I think about buying it. Idea Factory doesn't really have a good track record IMO.

I'm afraid so... I never ordered from them either, but I read a lot of post about them. Main complaint is high shipping cost. I think they charge up front (I'll confirm once I see the charge on my CC).

I don't know what's the difference between shipping type 3 and type 4, both of them are free, I choose type 3 (the first free shipping option). You won't know the type until you get the confirmation e-mail.

Ordered a copy awhile ago. Got an email from NISA. 60 bucks for this "limited" edition sounds good. Usually the special bundles from NISA become valuable in the long run once they are no longer produced.

I've ordered from them a couple times now and really have no complaints, other than their shipping costs on normal orders. I'm not sure how long they've been doing free shipping on pre-orders, as this is my fist pre-order from them.

Their customer support is pretty decent too, as I had to have a shipping address updated on one of my orders and they took care of it right away.

Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure the are not only offering free shipping on this item, but on everything they sell. That's cause for much celebration.

Also, I don't get the impression that its temporary, but their new policy.

[quote name='Fodder']Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure the are not only offering free shipping on this item, but on everything they sell. That's cause for much celebration.

Also, I don't get the impression that its temporary, but their new policy.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct which is definitely awesome, because I'm sure that hindered a lot of people from ordering through them directly.

Im definitely picking up this up, but what is the shipping speed like from NISAs store?

Ive got the free trial from Amazon Prime, so I may just ignore the cards and get it from Amazon as it still has the art book.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im definitely picking up this up, but what is the shipping speed like from NISAs store?

Ive got the free trial from Amazon Prime, so I may just ignore the cards and get it from Amazon as it still has the art book.[/QUOTE]

I honestly couldn't say since this will be the first time I order from them. I chose not to order from them in the past because of their outrageous shipping fees.

Do people really think this is a deal? The game is a D-tier RPG at best. Hell, even A-tier RPGs like Rorona dropped ten bucks after the first month.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im definitely picking up this up, but what is the shipping speed like from NISAs store?

Ive got the free trial from Amazon Prime, so I may just ignore the cards and get it from Amazon as it still has the art book.[/QUOTE]

Speed has definitely been an issue with NIS in the past. Hopefully this free shipping is a sign of a change in their practices, but a bunch of people ordered various holiday sale bundles from them a year ago and not only did they pay for express shipping which was worthless as it took them weeks to ship, but they ran out of items and basically didn't refund what people had paid and just took it upon themselves to substitute some really crappy items instead. As for the people that are claiming that NIS items go up in value, they haven't lately and this game is getting good distribution, so there really is no need to hoard them up. If you think you might want it to play, the NIS package seems like a decent deal as it's the same price as Gamestop and only a few dollars more than Amazon if you have to pay tax on NIS and not Amazon.

[quote name='n1c0']Do people really think this is a deal? The game is a D-tier RPG at best. Hell, even A-tier RPGs like Rorona dropped ten bucks after the first month.[/QUOTE]
Calling Atelier Rorona "A-tier" is a joke.

[quote name='n1c0']Do people really think this is a deal? The game is a D-tier RPG at best. Hell, even A-tier RPGs like Rorona dropped ten bucks after the first month.[/QUOTE]
This is only a "deal" if you want the exclusive Neptunia playing cards. If you don't, you're better off waiting for a price drop.

If it's a D-tier game don't come into a thread about it then.

The cheapest shipping NISA had before was like 8 bucks, so this is pretty good for me.

Especially since I ordered 3 things all together. :applause:

What, free shipping... Now I feel like I'm really getting ripped. They used charge $7-8 in the US and ~$10 up to Canada. Certainly that's steep, but the difference was fair. Despite the price change they're still charging ~$10 up to Canada. So yeah, it's like we're subsidizing your shipping costs or something -_-

[quote name='mxpowar']This is only a "deal" if you want the exclusive Neptunia playing cards. If you don't, you're better off waiting for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

The hard cover art book it comes with is only there for a limited time as well.

I'm very afraid to buy another game from NIS especially since they did a really terrible job on Ar Tonelico 2. The art book beckons for me but I want a game that isn't hacked up and passed.

Is it listed on Amazon yet? I may be slightly retarded and can't find it.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Is it listed on Amazon yet? I may be slightly retarded and can't find it.[/QUOTE]

I believe NIS just started accepting pre-orders today, so you can expect Amazon to have a listing soon.

SEGA, GUST CO.,LTD., Nippon Ichi Software, Inc., IDEA FACTORY, COMPILE HEART

Interesting 5 different developers. I am guessing the each world had one developer creating it?

Sega- Valkyria
Gust- Alterier Iris
Nippon- Disgaea
Idea Factory- Generation of Chaos
Compile Heart- Agarest

Place into one game.
Interesting I wonder how this partnership came about. And if this game would be good several good minds place together should be able to fix each others flaws right?

Will there be japanese voices? Those voices overs are pretty brutal.

Their free shipping option is USPS so it really depends. NISA usually ships their games pretty quickly and I've actually received games the Saturday prior to the release date before. I'll just say it's YMMV and leave it at that.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Their free shipping option is USPS so it really depends. NISA usually ships their games pretty quickly and I've actually received games the Saturday prior to the release date before. I'll just say it's YMMV and leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

I received my Ar Tonelico 2 preorder THREE months after release. I got Mana Khemia 2 this past holiday season in less than a week. Obviously, I was pissed and hadn't ordered a thing from them in between.

w00t! Just finished my pre-order and was finally able to use a $10 coupon code I had from months back for collecting points at the store. Free shipping is definitely a plus since I've been so used to stomaching their shipping prices for years.

Not only am I ridiculously looking forward to this game, I finally got a PS3 for Christmas and I can actually PLAY it! :D

And yes, there will be Japanese audio included. Good ol' blu-ray storage!

I preordered one. I'm a big fan of NIS's games (except Cross Edge) so this was a no-brainer for me. Now I can only hope USPS won't take their sweet time getting it here.

Looks...well, very generic. I'd need a lot more spending money than I do to bother ordering this as I can already see the reviews, and yes I believe justified opinions, in my head. Guess it's impossible to wait on a price drop and expect any of the extras though.

Depends on where you live. I'm SoCal, so I literally received my order in 1 day. :drool: Yes, even faster than Amazon Prime. The $8 we used to pay back then was Priority Mail (only choice they gave), but dang, that was my first time receiving something in 1 day. Packaged pretty well too.

I think NISA has really reformed themselves since the RosenQueen days. I was around to read all the horror stories over a year ago, but when they switched to handling their own store they've been pretty good with things.

I've always heard NIS was bad, but I ordered Prinny 2 from them and got it a day before it was suppose to be released. Thanks OP, I was looking at this game but with free shipping and a card set they got me sold!

I wish their characters didn't look like a bunch of kids just hitting puberty though.

Those drawings make it look pedo'ish... =/

Planned on ordering this, so I guess I'll have to do it soon before the cards run out. The game play looks a little like Trinity Universe, which I've been playing.

Almost ordered this, but I have Amazon credit that could cover it, and I certainly won't be using the playing cards.

[quote name='nikkai']I wish their characters didn't look like a bunch of kids just hitting puberty though.

Those drawings make it look pedo'ish... =/[/QUOTE]

Have you played games in this niche before?

bread's done
Back