Hyperdimension Neptunia Special Edition is back in stock!

wow, my Hyperdimension Neptunia is worth something? Good thing I haven't opened mine yet o_O. Might sell it on ebay while I still can lol (since I doubt I'll ever actually play it).

[quote name='Darknuke']wow, my Hyperdimension Neptunia is worth something? Good thing I haven't opened mine yet o_O. Might sell it on ebay while I still can lol (since I doubt I'll ever actually play it).[/QUOTE]

Don't bother even thinking of playing it. I played my buddy's copy and it is right up there with WKC as the biggest piece of shit for an RPG this gen. I ended up selling my copy with the NISA cards for almost triple what I paid for it. Sold the lot for $175 shipped on ebay. :D

Awww. Just bought a NIS sealed collection from ebay. I still in for one to play one and keep one sealed. Thanks for the deal.

Holy Fruits!! I've been kicking myself ever since it released and I didn't preorder. In for 1 despite having to pay the tax I could have avoided by buying on Amazon earlier this year. Oh well, it's not the worst thing in the world to have to pay the sales tax once in a while. Thank you OP you just made today a much happier birthday for me!

Anybody who calls themself a JRPG fan and is judging this game by its reviews, you might want to rethink yourself.

While the game might not have the best Gameplay ever, the story is probally one of the most hilarious ones i have played in years, not to mention all of the nods and references to different video games.

I brought it day one (Special Edition), and havent regretted it

[quote name='pacino408']I agree with DG. If I like a series or game type I judge the game myself and don't even bother looking at the reviews. [/QUOTE]

I played it before reading any reviews. This game is and always will be a gigantic turd.

Bought the game pre-ordred from ganestop. I also have Trinity Universe which plays the same so I only played a couple hours of this. My opinion of both these games is that if combat system was fun it would have gotten higher scores. I'm a fan of turn based jrpgs but both these games are real boring combat wise. My only wish is that they made the combat fun like they did with the SMT games or even cross edge, now those were some of my favorite turn based combat engines.

[quote name='peterthepwner']i dont think this game is worth the price :(
5.gif
[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth $10 and I'm an anime fan.

Reviews of NISA games from major review sites generally can't be trusted, but they got it right in this case. The game is barf. Worst RPG of this gen by a fair margin. If you're interested in the game for anything other than collector purposes, look somewhere, anywhere else for a better game.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anybody who calls themself a JRPG fan and is judging this game by its reviews, you might want to rethink yourself.

While the game might not have the best Gameplay ever, the story is probally one of the most hilarious ones i have played in years, not to mention all of the nods and references to different video games.

I brought it day one (Special Edition), and havent regretted it[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Not an excellent game but it is entertaining.

[quote name='fwbweux']Reviews of NISA games from major review sites generally can't be trusted, but they got it right in this case. The game is barf. Worst RPG of this gen by a fair margin. If you're interested in the game for anything other than collector purposes, look somewhere, anywhere else for a better game.[/QUOTE]

Last Rebellion says hi :)

I thought Neptunia was okay... non-CE I'd probably pick up for $15-20 and be happy with it. I still have my CE sealed, just collecting dust. Tempted to buy more copies just cause I love hoarding shit dammit >.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Last Rebellion says hi :)

I thought Neptunia was okay... non-CE I'd probably pick up for $15-20 and be happy with it. I still have my CE sealed, just collecting dust. Tempted to buy more copies just cause I love hoarding shit dammit >.

I'd love it if NIS just released this as a standalone game for 20-30. I actually ended up just cancelling my order. I figure if they are doing a reprint, either used copies of copies in store will show up possibly on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']He hasn't played Rebellion yet. Although neither have I... Is it really as bad as EVERYONE says it is? I'm tempted to buy that game just to see how terrible it really is. ;)[/QUOTE]

Personally I thought it was really bland. Not one of the worst, but something I would never pay to play. The whole story, combat, and music was lackluster. The only thing that kept me going was to get a platinum. A lot of the people say they hated the graphics too but I almost never consider graphics when it comes to Jrpgs.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Fable III and Dragon Age II are way worst.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your opinions on that. I now know to disregard all your other opinions on games...ever.

Also, it's dead. Shows as Backordered now.

[quote name='Gosha']I'd love it if NIS just released this as a standalone game for 20-30. I actually ended up just cancelling my order. I figure if they are doing a reprint, either used copies of copies in store will show up possibly on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The president of NIS America has hinted at a reprint with a lower price point, and there has been some talk of a game-only version for $29.99. Since they are likely localizing MK2, they want to increase the install base from the first one.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Last Rebellion says hi :)

Funny how I was just talking about this game. This is way better then Last Rebellion.

If they cut the loading time by installing, decreased the encounter rate by 50%, doubled the amount of exp gained, had more then 3 music tracks, revamped the item healing so that defending trigger works at higher life, simplifed the menu system, then I think this would have been a solid 7 for the awesome skits lol

I actually think it is a reprint. The trade-in value for the game has dropped which normally indicates a reprint.

Best Buy TIV dropped from $28 to $18
CashForGamers TIV dropped from $40 to $26

As for the reviews, I'm definitely convinced not to buy it now

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']He hasn't played Rebellion yet. Although neither have I... Is it really as bad as EVERYONE says it is? I'm tempted to buy that game just to see how terrible it really is. ;)[/QUOTE]

Last Rebellion isn't bad in the sense that it's bad. It's bad in the sense that there is nothing good about it.

If you can borrow it from a friend, do so. Otherwise don't let any cash flow from your hands in order to experience it.

Despite bad reviews, the game actually did fairly well in the U.S. (source from NIS president at Anime Expo). Hence the reason why they're bringing the sequel over.

Talking about Neptunia btw, not Last Rebellion

Last edited by a moderator:
A word of caution to anyone thinking about ordering: I received my order from Wednesday, and it is the game only, not the premium/special edition with box and artbook. I'm pretty angry right now since the game alone is definitely not worth $60. I only ordered as a collector since I missed out when it first released. This copy is going back to Gamestop tomorrow.

[quote name='winterlane']A word of caution to anyone thinking about ordering: I received my order from Wednesday, and it is the game only, not the premium/special edition with box and artbook. I'm pretty angry right now since the game alone is definitely not worth $60. I only ordered as a collector since I missed out when it first released. This copy is going back to Gamestop tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
wat. I'll chance my order, but if they fuck it up, it's going right back as well.

I hate Gamestop online. I've never had good experience and I've tried a few times. I think the retail stores get a lot more bad rep then it deserves, as there are a few half decent stores if you look around and get to know the employees.

As for online, the two times I ordered new, I got gutted copies where the box was so worn and yellowed, that used from a 10 year old kid looks better. The 3 times I've ordered used, it was disc only, and was scratched up so badly, it was barely playable.

I've had a Premium Edition that I've been holding onto for some time, and reading this thread made me decide to flip it on eBay. I just listed the game right now.

I'm holding onto my factory sealed copy for many decades...NISA rarely re-prints games, particularly artbooks, special edition type games. I'm tempted to buy myself another premium to play and open up, but I don't trust GS B & M and online.

ebay played a nice trick on your sir. You probably got ripped off many times without even knowing it. No way the fee is only 11.9% for video game sales, it's more like 16% at least.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']The average seems to be between $70 - $90 though.

After Ebay fees at 11.9% (which is 9% auction + 2.9% Paypal) you're looking between $6 - $14 profit on average.[/QUOTE]

Man if I'd have know this game would be worth something I wouldnt have traded it to amazon like 2 days after I bought it. It is such a terrible game.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Man if I'd have know this game would be worth something I wouldnt have traded it to amazon like 2 days after I bought it. It is such a terrible game.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Only game I got a review copy of and still felt ripped off XD

bread's done
Back