Hyperdimension Neptunia Special Edition is back in stock!

[quote name='allen9917']any free shipping code on GS.com guys?[/QUOTE]

Just spend $20 and shipping is free. No code needed.

I love the anime and gaming skits, but the game itself is way too flawed. There are several minor tweaks NISA could do to this game to make it A LOT better. The skits are awesome and the dub is done so well that I actually don't mind them. However, it's painful getting to the next skit. The game only has 3 music tracks, and given that SEGA added/allowed a ton of classic references, it is a shame that there were no actual music or sounds from them. Dungeon crawling has the same exact music over and over again. Maybe that's a Dragon Warrior 1 reference, but it's not appreciated!

The loading time is almost unforgivable considering how basic the graphics are. While I actually like the healing system, I do feel that the players should have at least one method to actually heal at will. Defending doesn't work because the threshold is lower then the regular healing itself.

The switch ability is almost useless unless you're willing to pay extra cash for dlc characters. Sure, if you did well, you can maybe use this with goddess hopefuls, but seriously, this would have added much more depth into the game if you could use this throughout the game and not just the last dungeon. Including all DLC for free would help. I also don't appreciate that I can't fully level up without paying an extra $10

The menu system is retarded. Players don't have ways of knowing if the dungeon is too tough unless they go into an entirely different menu system and reading the description. You are permanently punished if you fail a dungeon or leave it. Heck, your stats are permanently lowered if Neptunia ever falls in combat, which will happen a lot if you don't grind safe areas often. Other then these flaws, I think it was an okay game.

[quote name='CaoPi']sitting on a sealed copy and trying to flip on ebay = lulz[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't mean to sit on it? It just kind of happened.

[quote name='lutz']I love the anime and gaming skits, but the game itself is way too flawed. There are several minor tweaks NISA could do to this game to make it A LOT better. The skits are awesome and the dub is done so well that I actually don't mind them. However, it's painful getting to the next skit. The game only has 3 music tracks, and given that SEGA added/allowed a ton of classic references, it is a shame that there were no actual music or sounds from them. Dungeon crawling has the same exact music over and over again. Maybe that's a Dragon Warrior 1 reference, but it's not appreciated!

The loading time is almost unforgivable considering how basic the graphics are. While I actually like the healing system, I do feel that the players should have at least one method to actually heal at will. Defending doesn't work because the threshold is lower then the regular healing itself.

The switch ability is almost useless unless you're willing to pay extra cash for dlc characters. Sure, if you did well, you can maybe use this with goddess hopefuls, but seriously, this would have added much more depth into the game if you could use this throughout the game and not just the last dungeon. Including all DLC for free would help. I also don't appreciate that I can't fully level up without paying an extra $10

The menu system is retarded. Players don't have ways of knowing if the dungeon is too tough unless they go into an entirely different menu system and reading the description. You are permanently punished if you fail a dungeon or leave it. Heck, your stats are permanently lowered if Neptunia ever falls in combat, which will happen a lot if you don't grind safe areas often. Other then these flaws, I think it was an okay game.[/QUOTE]
Well said. I too enjoyed Neptunia for the story and skits, and I'm crossing my fingers that MK2 massively improves upon the first game.

I bought this for 50 from a friend. He played it and sold it to me the same day and this guy collects games so it's probably not that great. I'm guessing this will be one of those rare games you will like or hate depending on how much of a gamer you are.

Anyone talkin' smack about flippers not making any money off of this game best check those that got the pre-order bonus cards. Those sell for 50 dollars on their own.

[quote name='xenozfan2']My local gamestop has Atelier Rorona new for $30. Is it worth it? I'm trying to find a good cheap rpg on ps3.[/QUOTE]

Mm, I'd like to say yes, but you'd be much better off with its sequel.

Good, cheap RPG for PS3? It's hard enough finding a good RPG for the PS3 let alone a cheap one.

Try Valkyria Chronicles/Final Fantasy XIII.

Seems to be available to ship within 24 hours again. Though my order from when this thread was first posted has yet to ship. Guess we will see if it's a reprint or an error or something else entirely.

i remember when i started visiting cag gamestop.com was good for deals. with cag16 and 10% extra off and free shipping and all that. now it is shit. that said, im banned from gamestop store and online, so oh wellz

I guess it is on back-order again. It was available for shipping in 24 hours when I added the game to my cart, but when I finished my transaction 20 minutes later due to the slow website, it turned to backorder.

I think I'll just wait and see if used versions of this pop up randomly at Gamestop. I'd imagine they'll eventually just put these copies out as used like they do with some of these PS2 game reprints.

i ordered two one as a present for a friend and one for me. the order page and confirmation also clearly states premium special edition. so if it comes game only reprint gamestop is going to have a seriously nasty call to a manager. their online sucks so bad its not even funny. i had to close out my credit card cause someone someone got my email and password on the website and they store your credit card info. come home one day from work to a box load of stuff i didnt order from gamestop and they wouldnt let me return it had to go to my local store.

[quote name='gauu']i ordered two one as a present for a friend and one for me. the order page and confirmation also clearly states premium special edition. so if it comes game only reprint gamestop is going to have a seriously nasty call to a manager. their online sucks so bad its not even funny. i had to close out my credit card cause someone someone got my email and password on the website and they store your credit card info. come home one day from work to a box load of stuff i didnt order from gamestop and they wouldnt let me return it had to go to my local store.[/QUOTE]

Was yours back-ordered when you bought them?

[quote name='gauu']i ordered two one as a present for a friend and one for me. the order page and confirmation also clearly states premium special edition. so if it comes game only reprint gamestop is going to have a seriously nasty call to a manager. their online sucks so bad its not even funny. i had to close out my credit card cause someone someone got my email and password on the website and they store your credit card info. come home one day from work to a box load of stuff i didnt order from gamestop and they wouldnt let me return it had to go to my local store.[/QUOTE]

I can't say for certain this was a reprint, but many signs point to it. When you receive your shipping confirmation, don't be fooled by the shipping weight. They shipped my order through UPS and the shipping weight was 1.0 pounds. At that point I thought I was set and this truly was the special edition, since that was the same weight as the Atelier Rorona special edition I ordered from GS months ago. When I received the package on Friday, it was just a bubble mailer with only the game, and the actual weight was around 0.3 pounds. Also, the game was factory sealed. In the original printing of the special edition, only the exterior premium box was shrinkwrapped, and the game itself was not sealed.

Shipped/Billed On:11/08/2011
Type:package
Weight:1.00 lb

I hope this is indicative of a special/limited whatever edition it is? :booty:

[quote name='tenike1']Shipped/Billed On:11/08/2011
Type:package
Weight:1.00 lb

I hope this is indicative of a special/limited whatever edition it is? :booty:[/QUOTE]

If you check my post right above yours, it most likely isn't. Mine had a weight of 1.0 lb, and it was the game only.

[quote name='Optical']My local store had a new copy that wasn't there before. Looks like it was reprinted.[/QUOTE]

Was it just the game or the special edition? I just checked the store availability, and it looks like about half the stores in my area now have a new version in stock when none did a few weeks ago.

On another forum, someone reported getting a sneak peek of a Gamestop holiday ad that showed Neptunia for $29.99. The used price drop to $26.99 indicates that it is probably true. If I was still waiting for my copy, I would wait a couple weeks before opening it since GS doesn't price adjust. Or if the price does drop and you have already opened it, you could buy a new copy at the lower price and return it using the packing slip from your online order, provided the 30-day return period hasn't expired.

[quote name='winterlane']On another forum, someone reported getting a sneak peek of a Gamestop holiday ad that showed Neptunia for $29.99. The used price drop to $26.99 indicates that it is probably true. If I was still waiting for my copy, I would wait a couple weeks before opening it since GS doesn't price adjust. Or if the price does drop and you have already opened it, you could buy a new copy at the lower price and return it using the packing slip from your online order, provided the 30-day return period hasn't expired.[/QUOTE]

Neptunia shows up used as special edition for 26.99 but when I went in store all they had was the game with no extra contents! :roll:

The item shows up as in-stock at my local store. I suppose I should stroll down there tomorrow and see if they have the supposed-Special Edition. I don't have much faith in the online order if people are reporting it is the regular edition, even if the shipping weight indicates it's one pound. I can always just return it if it's wrong anyway, but I suppose it's better to be safe rather than sorry if a special edition is available for me to pick up at the local store.

anyone actually gotten one yet? Id like to snag one of these since i have my original NIS one with the poker cards unopened... but seems iffy if its actually a special edition, or a reprint or what it is.

To those who say their store has it, how did you do a look up? I see no way to check for a new copy in stores. Not sure if i should roll the dice for shipping one or not. My copy of fate/extra came in smashed to shit

my says its due to arrive by today or tomorrow. im worried though as i ordered two and the weight just doesnt make sense. that and my order confirmation says hyperdimension neptunia special edition but when i open my shipped order it says just hyperdimension neptunia. i know if i get two regular copies of the game im calling gamestop online and asking for a supervisor. this would be the 3rd time in the past few months they have messed stuff up and not done anything. all i ever get is let your local store deal with the issue. if the online wont do anything ill just call my credit card company and revoke the order.

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone actually gotten one yet? Id like to snag one of these since i have my original NIS one with the poker cards unopened... but seems iffy if its actually a special edition, or a reprint or what it is.

To those who say their store has it, how did you do a look up? I see no way to check for a new copy in stores. Not sure if i should roll the dice for shipping one or not. My copy of fate/extra came in smashed to shit[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=270794

Heads up, the game's dropped to $29.99 at GS. It's just listed as Hyperdimension Neptunia now though, no Special Edition (I think it was listed as such before), although it's still pictured... so don't know how that will work out for people ordering it.

Just got mine, guys. Sure enough, it's the regular edition. Knew as soon as I saw the bubble envelope. This one's going straight back to the store.

There was a time many years ago when I would have bought this without hesitation - but I was worried by what I saw on the YouTubes.

However, after watching some YouTube of the second game - it looks like a vast improvement. I'm definitely going to pick it up. I'm in the mood for some anime stuff to hold me over to the next Persona/Shin Mega Ten.

[quote name='bdw418']Just got mine, guys. Sure enough, it's the regular edition. Knew as soon as I saw the bubble envelope. This one's going straight back to the store.[/QUOTE]

ugh i really hope some people still get the special edition if not gamestop is going to be getting a call from me to fix the issue as im not putting my local store through more bs that online messes up and wont take care of. worst case they wont take care of it ill do a chargeback for failure to send the right item.

Usually when GameStop stops listing the "Special Edition" of a game on their site when it was the only edition available, don't they usually count it as the standard one as well when it drops in price? Either way, I may pick this up along with Atelier Rorona if they're both complete with the SE cases and whatnot, since the store nearest me seems to have them.

The title for this thread needs to change... the game's been reprinted as just the game. It's in stock at all of my local Gamestops all of a sudden.

[quote name='Vinny']The title for this thread needs to change... the game's been reprinted as just the game. It's in stock at all of my local Gamestops all of a sudden.[/QUOTE]

Word....

9361afc3.png

I havnt gotten mine yet either but this could be a bitch to return in store if the packing slip says "Special Edition" and all you have is the game only version. Maybe I'll plan to open it up in store in front of them.

[quote name='bdw418']Just got mine, guys. Sure enough, it's the regular edition. Knew as soon as I saw the bubble envelope. This one's going straight back to the store.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, F- that I got the regular going RIGHT the f--- back, no thanks EB... :cry:

so the two i ordered came today. what a f***ing mess. they sent no packing slip,the games came partially damaged in a crappy mailer as well. i spent 45 mins on phone trying to get customer service on the phone. they finally answered and emailed me a return label. the good thing is since i had the original email that said special edition they gave me a 10$ gamestop gaming credit to use online for anything i want. at least i did make out from the mishap.

[quote name='gauu']so the two i ordered came today. what a f***ing mess. they sent no packing slip,the games came partially damaged in a crappy mailer as well. i spent 45 mins on phone trying to get customer service on the phone. they finally answered and emailed me a return label. the good thing is since i had the original email that said special edition they gave me a 10$ gamestop gaming credit to use online for anything i want. at least i did make out from the mishap.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, gauu. Just to clarify the two copies you got: were they at least special editions, or just plain old regulars?

bread's done
Back