Hyperdimension Neptunia Special Edition is back in stock!

Just got my order today and the package is way too small for it to hold the special edition.
fuck, I'm gonna need to call them tomorrow to get a return receipt.

I get my copy tomorrow and so far here its not looking good. I'm probably going to go to gamestop just to get the 29.99 price since my SE came from ebay today.

[quote name='Muthafodder']If you guys bought it to play, why not just get the price adjusted?[/QUOTE]

I doubt any CAGers on this thread bought it to play. Most thought of scoring big on a cheap LE edition and now I bet all those copies that got ordered will be returned. I'm just laughing cuz honestly who hell would trust GS or EB to keep sealed rare JRPG special editions in stock. Most of the clerks would've raided the rare games along time ago, If there was any left. I'm eilling to buy a gutted regular copy for 29.99 since this game will be rare in Both editions soon.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I doubt any CAGers on this thread bought it to play. Most thought of scoring big on a cheap LE edition and now I bet all those copies that got ordered will be returned. I'm just laughing cuz honestly who hell would trust GS or EB to keep sealed rare JRPG special editions in stock. Most of the clerks would've raided the rare games along time ago, If there was any left. I'm eilling to buy a gutted regular copy for 29.99 since this game will be rare in Both editions soon.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine to play. Been kicking myself since I didn't preorder it.

oh sorry bdw418 i thought i clarified that. there are NO SPECIAL EDITIONS. i talked to an employee and he said it was a website mistake that was meant to be taken down. anyone who ordered id call up get your return slip and make it sound like your saddened it was a xmas present etc...and get your 10$ gaming coupon =)

[quote name='Muthafodder']If you guys bought it to play, why not just get the price adjusted?[/QUOTE]

Does GS even do price adjustments? When I returned mine, they wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy of the sealed copy I brought in, but they would sell me the one gutted copy they had just received earlier in the day.

[quote name='winterlane']Does GS even do price adjustments? When I returned mine, they wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy of the sealed copy I brought in, but they would sell me the one gutted copy they had just received earlier in the day.[/QUOTE]

thats a load of bull, all items ordered bought from gamestop or online is returnable within 30 days. I got my $10 refund on dark souls CE by doing a return/repurchase

[quote name='CaoPi']thats a load of bull, all items ordered bought from gamestop or online is returnable within 30 days. I got my $10 refund on dark souls CE by doing a return/repurchase[/QUOTE]

They gave me a full refund without any problem; it was the rebuy part they wouldn't let me do. I ended up just ordering another one online at the new price.

[quote name='winterlane']They gave me a full refund without any problem; it was the rebuy part they wouldn't let me do. I ended up just ordering another one online at the new price.[/QUOTE]

Got the same answer from my GS as well.

Do they refund shipping? Total BS. I went through a lot of trouble ordering this because their site falsely locked me out as a risky customer. Now I'm returning 2 orders for this game on their dime. Sigh.

[quote name='winterlane']They gave me a full refund without any problem; it was the rebuy part they wouldn't let me do. I ended up just ordering another one online at the new price.[/QUOTE]

I was going to go there with my sealed Dark Souls LE and try to get $10 back. I have the receipt, its sealed and its within 30 days. I see no reason why they wouldn't give me the $10.

[quote name='winterlane']Does GS even do price adjustments? When I returned mine, they wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy of the sealed copy I brought in, but they would sell me the one gutted copy they had just received earlier in the day.[/QUOTE]

Knowing this, why would you ever want to do business with them again?

When did you buy the sealed copy? If you bought it within 30 days, just buy the gutted one at the lower price, then go to another Gamestop and return the gutted one with the higher priced receipt.

Just got mine in the mail tonight and it's the....
Regular Edition.

Guess I'm going to Gamestop for a partial refund. Works for me. I just wanted to play the game and now I can for a much more reasonable price!

I'm really tempted to buy this game, but wondering if I should wait for Black Friday since they'll maybe do that buy 2 get 1 free thing again? Think it'll go out of stock?

alright, soo i bought the premium edition at gamestop for $30 new. was pretty glad they had it until i went home and opened it. apparently they somehow lost the game box / instuction book and just gave me the artbook / game in a sheeve inside the box... wtffff. only thing i can say is GAMESTOP!!!!

edit: well another gamestop was able to replace the sleeve disk for a sealed copy of the game + the SE extras soo they redeemed themselves with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, tried playing this game today. it is painful. glad i locked it in on amazon.
ill only be out a few dollars. amazed this was so high priced for so long...
it wasnt because of the awesome gameplay, that's for sure.
on a sidenote, my grrl thought the tits/anime scenes were cute, especially when they pan a picture like the first of neptune getting bandaged up by compa, she was hoping for more xxx fanservice, but oh wellz

I just got mine too and it was regular as well. I just returned mine, because they told me that I can't do a price adjust for it.

I got screwed on this too, but I actually discovered the sale ages before the OP had. I had a feeling it was a mistake, but if it was indeed legit, then it was worth trying. I got mine on the 4th and of course it was wrong. I tried to call them up about it but after waiting for too long on the phone to reach someone, I gave up and sent an email. It took them 10 days (today) for them to get back to me to tell me that the right one was sent to me. I was livid as hell! The email was not even from the Gamestop domain, but some hired company that answers stuff for companies. I basically told them off and that I would never shop Gamestop again.

So, I went to the store and got the difference back with no trouble. I did go out of my way to go to the cool Gamestop with friendly store staff instead of the closest two with the really nasty staff that I always had troubles with as I half expected for them to take the game back and not resell it to me at the discount.

I'm a big CAG and I actually wanted the game to play (loved the youtube vids of it) but not at $60 unless it was the special edition. I know how these obscure games always drop in price because of low sales and it's foolish to pay full price for a normal edition that they cannot give away 6 months from now.

[quote name='CaoPi']How is the story/combat system in this game? The reviews do seem to be lacking, is it even worth $30?[/QUOTE]

Best is to read the wiki entry for this game as it explains it quite well, but quickly it's really a nitch game for Otaku, so you cannot be just an RPG fan as you probably won't like it. It's a visual novel game first and then an RPG second. It's a lot like Disgaea series where they have a cute and silly story slapped over a pretty average tactics game. Hyperdimension Neptunia is a cute and silly visual novel slapped over a very average PS2 era RPG game.

You can select which mission to do like in the later Final Fantasy games. Combat is that sliding face icon bar type which shows who gets to go next. There are power up attacks that your characters can get by shoving a game disk into themselves to gain special powers of random games like Galaga or Okami but those get dull quickly even though they do transform into sexier versions of themselves like magical girls. Thankfully you can button press to skip the animation, but they are cool the first time you see them.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is probably a $10 used game a year from now and I think most people are expecting it to drop that low before giving it a try. $30 is my purchase point on this game because I loved most everything about it which I had seen while watching 3 hours of it on youtube. The game is so nitch that you really need to love visual novels, anime, moe, comedy and RPGs to like it. Japan tends to eat this stuff up as their culture is so vastly different than ours, so it's probably not worth $30 to most people outside of Japan though. Honestly there are a LOT of JRPG games you can get for $30 that are better, such as Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, so a bit of research before buying is recommended.

[quote name='Crimsonfatale']when you refund this at your local gamestop do you get your full$30 back or is it in store credit? or a combo[/QUOTE]

I got cash back including the extra tax paid. BUT YMMV, your mileage my vary on what would actually happen. Gamestops are just too random from store to store to give you a proper answer. I had to go further out to a "cool" Gamestop as I knew the other two closer to me would give me a hard time about this.

lol I thought this review was pretty interesting, I'm tempted to pick this up now from the review even though my backlog is super big with all the used game purchased from gamefly

Mainly this game is boring because of the dungeon crawling 6/10. Looks like PS2 graphics also. Only the combo system seems interesting. The environments also seem very bland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-2AxH0S6s

*falls over dead* Please read my post #122 for the full details of my experience. A brief recap, on the 15th I went and got a CASH refund for the difference at the store, $32 something with tax. I also wrote a nasty email about the matter before going to get that refund. I finally got a email response today that they are going to refund $30 difference to my debit card or send a gift card or whatever they feel like doing and it can take up to 3 to 5 days for that to happen or a while for the card to arrive in the mail! O_O;;; I told the fools I was going to the store to get the difference back and they don't even read what people write to them and they do whatever they like...

So like whatever to them! If that other refund actually happens, then I'll be getting the game for a couple dollars, which is so cool, but I doubt they are that inept to screw themselves out of money in hand. I'll wager I'll never see this "second" refund, which will have to be a gift card as I paid half in gift card and half on my debit card.

If they do send a gift card, I plan to put it up for trade on the CAG trade section as I'm though with game stop. Seriously, I only shop Gamestop because I am on this e-Rewards survey program where I get a $25 gift card every 3 months. I don't go inside willingly as it's much cheaper to buy online and I don't ever buy day one games. It's just not worth it for $100 in free games anymore. I'll be trading the cards off to people who have had better experiences with them.

I emailed them on the 15th and have not received any reply as of yet. Guess I'll just return my copy to the store for a refund. This is some bullfuck.

It's a godawful POS and a shining reason of why JRPG's are rapidly losing ground this gen.
Folks, by now you should know that if Compile Heart/Idea Factory worked on it, that it's going to be a huge pile of shit. No exemptions. I rented it from GameFly and I felt pissed off like nothing else for wasting a slot or a week on it.

bread's done
Back