I already have a DS lite should I keep my gameboy micro?

Darwin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I managed to score a gameboy micro for around 40 bucks over the weekend. it just seems like a good deal. But now i realize i already have a DS lite and trying to figure out whats the benefit of having a gameboy micro. should i just return the micro...it seems pointless to have one if you got a DS lite. what do you guys think?

I also bought a Micro this weekend. A semi-silly purchase since I own a Lite, but I figured what the heck. I figured I'd go for it because of the really tiny size. Currently it's in my jacket pocket, so no matter where I go, it'll always be with me. The Lite is JUST big enough that I don't do this with it, and there have been times I wish I had it on me.

-HM

Gameboy Micros are completely frivilous. I've got one and I like it but it's really only used when I need to travel light.

Just GBA, which is definitely a downer. Thankfully I don't own any GB/GBC games (although I'd love to have a copy of Tetris DX).

-HM

It's a huge downer. Tetris DX is still the best handheld game ever and Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons rule too.

I have one, but I won mine for free.

I keep it because it's nice to still have a Gameboy around. I sold my GBA SP for the DS.

It's cool in the "I can carry this around anywhere and if I lose it or it breaks then oh well" kind of way.

DS Lites are not so much cool in that way.

I love my Micro. My handheld of choice when playing any GBA games.

I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap SP with the brighter screen. I haven't seen them drop the way the Micros dropped in price though.

I have a DS, but I bought a Micro this weekend, it is just a really cool little gadget. I have a GB SP, but the R button only works sometimes so I went in and picked one of these up.

If you want to sell, sell.

I keep my micro because of the cool factor. If there is one downside to the Lite, it's the way a GBA game sticks out a little while playing.

I have a light and micro (and an sp .... for gb color games) and have every intention of keeping both because if i want to play a gba game the micro is so hand it fits in any pocket or purse very convenient.... when i go home to visit my folks and we drive some ungodly distance to see some relative i don't remember it's nice to have the little one as it just seems to bother people less if i play it around them as though size in any way dictates how much attention i'm giving to my game.

As stated by numerous people in this thread, the reason to keep a micro is supreme portability. I always have mine in a soft sunglasses bag in my pocket. I need never fear DMV lines again.

I love my DS, but if I took it everywhere, I'd probably lose it since it doesn't fit in my pocket.

GBA games I recommend in your micro: Yoshi's Island, Gunstar Heroes

Id keep it, I bought one because I dont like the way the games stick out the bottom of the lite, and of course the obvious fact that its a micro and is very small.

I didn't keep mine. I picked up one of the limited famicom ones when they first came out for around $90 in store credit.

Sold it a few months later for about $95 cash on ebay, so I feel it was worth it.

I loled when i saw the $40 black friday GB Micros.. famicom edition included. That buyer must be pissed.

[quote name='gizmogc']Micro + Flashcard = Heaven[/quote]

Hmmm...:whistle2:k

I might consider that. Oddly enough I refuse to pirate DS games and yet the prospect of doing it for GBA doesn't bother me.

[quote name='Kendro']Hmmm...:whistle2:k

I might consider that. Oddly enough I refuse to pirate DS games and yet the prospect of doing it for GBA doesn't bother me.[/QUOTE]

A cheap 256MB flashcard can be had for the same price as a new GBA game, $30. Fill it with NES games and/or GBA games and your set.

I think in a lot of ways the micro is the best portable game system ever. It must be the smallest, and it has a great library of games. The DS and PSP are of course great in their own right, but they lose out when it comes to go-anywhere portability -- especially the PSP, since it needs some kind of case to protect the screen. But even the DS Lite is pretty freaking big compared to the Micro. And I don't like how GBA games stick out of the slot, or how you have one screen just displaying nothing. Yeah, the Micro is kind of a luxury if you already have a DS, and if it still cost $100 I would say skip it, but at ~$40, it's totally worth it.

bread's done
Back