I am cancelling my 360 pre-order at GS, will I get cash back, or credit?

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Over the last 2 months, I have pre-ordered an Xbox 360 Premium Bundle from GameStop, and also paid off 5 games and a Play and Charge Kit. I have kept every single receipt they have given me. All of these are pre-orders though, and on my receipts, they say something like:

Pmt- Cash $220.00

Chg- Cash $ 6.73
Chg- Store Credit $213.27

Am I going to be able to get my money back, which I paid for in CASH, or are they going to keep it and tell me I can only have store credit? I plan on going to a different store to buy my 360, since I was promised one on Launch by GameStop, and now I am "You should get one before Christmas".

[quote name='dschroll']If you paid for everything in cash, you should get cash back.[/QUOTE]

I put $500 cash into it, and $268.15 in credit. I'll just get all my cash back, and use the credit to buy 4 of the 5 games I pre-ordered. This whole shortage, and who is getting what and how many thing just pisses me off, I remember why I never get consoles on launch, because of crap like this.

You will get back exactly what you paid. However, since the amount of cash you paid was over $100, they may not give you cash and instead mail you a corporate check.

It's going to depend on the store and when you go. We already had one person cancel their preorder and they paid the system off in cash. Gave them $430 back in cash.

One thing though, have you called your store to see where you are on the list? I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it appears EB's allocation was cut and Gamestop's allocation went up. I'm guessing all because of the wonderful merger.

[quote name='Scoobert']It's going to depend on the store and when you go. We already had one person cancel their preorder and they paid the system off in cash. Gave them $430 back in cash.

One thing though, have you called your store to see where you are on the list? I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it appears EB's allocation was cut and Gamestop's allocation went up. I'm guessing all because of the wonderful merger.[/QUOTE]

They told me some BS story about "Corporate" putting together a list of people who will be on the Launch list and then calling them on the 14th or 16th of November. But I was told that only 3 people were ahead of me on the list for Day 1, or that only 3 people were confirmed for Launch Day, I don't remember, since my brain was overcome with rage.

My 360 preorder consisted of about $330 cash and $70 trade in credit. When I was told I wouldn't be on the launch list, I decided to get back the cash so I Could look elsewhere for one, and keep the $70 credit on it so that in case I didn't find one, I'd still have a system a week or so later. They gave me back the $330 in cash no problem. Whatever you used to pay for it is what you should get back.

[quote name='dschroll']If you paid for everything in cash, you should get cash back.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how they are handling the 360 cancellations. But it's always been ( in my state) you have to have the reciept to get cash back, otherwise its store credit only.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']I don't know how they are handling the 360 cancellations. But it's always been ( in my state) you have to have the reciept to get cash back, otherwise its store credit only.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I got a bag full of my receipts, baby. The one that includse all my trade in's is longer than my arm.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Oh, I got a bag full of my receipts, baby. The one that includse all my trade in's is longer than my arm.[/QUOTE]

Good for you!
Hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I would have done the same. And it turns out I am #221 out of 244. So hopefully by christmas of '08 I will have my 360.

I cancelled it today. Get this:

I was #36 on the list.

They are getting 6 systems on launch day

I cancelled the pre-order, and got $431 charged back to my credit card, since they didn't have the money in the tills to pay me. So now it looks like i'll be camping out in the Target parking lot come the early morning hours of the 22nd.

bread's done
Back