I am Dissapointed Best Buy

There'll probably be a lot of flack from people against the potential customer on this, but Best Buy was in the wrong.

I've had way too many problems at various BB stores in the past. I hope the customer makes out.

having worked in retail before, I'm gonna have to side with Best Buy on this one. Not on the issue of the lost sale, but it isn't public property. Nobody has a right to shop there. If they want you to leave, you have to leave, otherwise you're trespassing. I admit it is extreme, but it's not like the police are gonna side with you anyway (or with the customer).

The article is a little sensationalistic.

The dude was asked to leave, and refused. Once you hit that point, it's considered trespassing. It had nothing to do directly with him mentioning the headset to another customer.

This was all over digg.com yesterday.

Agreed that she should have left when asked...that is common curtesy.

Best Buy employees annoy me so much, I had a professor last semester that was at BB inbetween classes and heard a BB employee telling an elderly lady that she would need a $200 graphics card added to her new PC to view pictures from her Digital camera. My professor walked up and told her that he worked for the city's IT depatrment, and also taught Microsot certified classes and that she would be ok with the PC she was plannign on purchasing and could actualy do what she needed with a much cheaper PC. The BB employee then cussed at him, so he stuck around and made a recomendation to the next customer that came around. The manger then came and got in his face and told him to leave or else they would call the cops. My Professor then offered to take him to court for tellign customers that they needed near top of of the line gaming vidoecards to view Digital pictures, the manager backed down and my professor left the store with a story to tell at our next class..

Is this another case of another customer who expects the world getting 'shafted' by a store and then whining about it on The Consumerist? Mind you, I like some of the stories, like when the idiots get dragged away in cuffs for being dumbasses and not listening to what is being said to them.

EDIT: YEP, as I thought, more whining and more 'demanding restitution'. Mind you, it's not as flagrant as some of the whining I've seen on Consumerist before, but it's still funny.

OMG, I WUZ WRONGED, WHATEVER SHALL I DO?!?!?! I'LL GO ON THE NET AND WHINE ABOUT IT.

Hahaha, yeah. But he's still probably going to get a gift card out of it. Over/under is $50.01 for the gift card value.

You can't really kick a customer out of the store for no reason... I know I wouldn't leave if they told me too after just talking to another customer... (if we were in an argument or a fist fight, that would be different!)

[quote name='Hybrid5006']You can't really kick a customer out of the store for no reason... I know I wouldn't leave if they told me too after just talking to another customer... (if we were in an argument or a fist fight, that would be different!)[/quote]

Actually they can, you're on their property

Yeah. Sorry, but a store can ask you to leave whenever they want. It's private property.

The sales associate was a douche for calling the cops on someone having a conversation, though. I would understand if he was making the sale or talking to the customer, and the other guy barged into the conversation. That's plain rude. I've been in those shoes, and I wouldn't appreciate it. But this was just two guys standing around. At the point, it's not bothering anyone.

Agreeing with almost everyone else in here.

It was pretty stupid for a sales rep and manager to tell him to leave after one lost sale.

Still, if they ask you to leave, you leave. Many businesses have signs on the wall that say they can refuse business to whomever they choose.

bread's done
Back