I am EXCITED - Just got Marvel vs Capcom 2 for XBOX

blazerock

CAGiversary!
So i'm sure others may be like "so what?" and this may not be the right place but, i just got a copy of MvC2 for XBOX for $45.

Yeah i know its a yearssss old game (thats still awesome) but looking on ebay i saw them going for upward of 80-150 dollars.

I ended up going to gamestop to get some DS games for my kids as reward for their school promotions and for being generally good kids. Of course who can go into a game store (Even RapeStop) without glancing around...and there she was. MvC2.

I'd stopped in GameCrazy just before and asked about it and put myself on the "list"... and ended up lucking out big time.

Yeeeehaaawww

it was used. the case had a crack... but thats an easy replacement. Booklet is clean. Title sheet clean. The disc had a small bit of wear but nothing tremendously noticeable.

Still an awesome pickup where i've seen caseless versions with wear for 100.

Do we check the same ebay? I rarely see it go over $60. The highest on ebay right now is $57

And i've definately never seen it for $150. Maybe if it was new/sealed, but even that's a bit of a stretch.

[quote name='Scorch']Do we check the same ebay? I rarely see it go over $60. The highest on ebay right now is $57

And i've definately never seen it for $150. Maybe if it was new/sealed, but even that's a bit of a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Same. They go for the same price a new 360 game goes for, they are not super-expensive. Its a great game, but for $45 its only 'ok'. The MSRP was $39.99 originally and when my store had them on Xbox, we never sold any for a few weeks.

Not to be a dick but maybe i AM on a different ebay and maybe its just the PS2 version going that high:

There were a couple more the last 2 days when i looked as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capco...5QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Vs-Capco...8QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capco...8QQihZ007QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was really excited mainly cuz i didn't think i'd find it. Excuse me for the extra sauce.

The gamestop around here have tons of marvel vs capcom 2 for either systems. Too bad, they are either scratched up, defective or employee stash.

This game is still pretty popular. Every time a gamestop employee put the game out for play,a large line forms up. Waiting to play the next winner. It just like the arcade except with cheap sakes who want to play the game for free

I've seen PS2/Xbox copies of it laying around various Gamestop/EB Games stores, but last I checked they want around $60.00. I always pass, as I'm content with the Dreamcast version.

[quote name='yukine']I've seen PS2/Xbox copies of it laying around various Gamestop/EB Games stores, but last I checked they want around $60.00. I always pass, as I'm content with the Dreamcast version.[/QUOTE]

It's even worse for ps2 version. Gamestop now wants $70. Looks like there increasing rates on hard to find games like Baldur's Gate 2 for $50 and mario dance dance for $50 as well. I remember over a year ago that marvel vs capcom 2was $45, mario dance for $25 and baldur's gate for $17.99 at gamestop/ebgames.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938470

i picked up my copy at a pawn shop years ago.. .. its a good game.. i wouldn't call it amazing game by any stretch of the word.. but its a good game.. i paid 15 and thought it was a pretty good game for that price.. i don't know if i'd pay more than 30 for it.. even if its "rare" there are just better street fighter type games out there.. unless you just have to see the marvel characters.. I don't know.. I love the game.. but I felt a little bad because people reguard this game as gold sometimes.. I arguably had more fun playing Tekken Tag with 4 people then this game.. but I think Fighters are ones where the most "fanboy" takes place (there are capcom fighting fans, Namco fighting fans, Sega Fighting fans, Tecmo, and midway..) I fall into the Tekken group.. I love the close quarter fighters better.. but its a good game.. it just takes forever to unlock things unless you're amazing at the game .. heh..

but.. good game.. not worth the price it sells for.. but a good game that won't get reprinted any time soon. (well.. until EA buys out capcom.. )

[quote name='addicted2games']Yeah the PS2 version of MVC2 is more valuable than the Xbox version. Dont know why that is, but its always been that way.[/QUOTE]
probably because there are more ps2 owner

It used to go for $80-90 a few years back but it dropped in price a while time ago... but what pisses me off is that many people insist that the game's worth $80-90.

[quote name='blazerock']Not to be a dick but maybe i AM on a different ebay and maybe its just the PS2 version going that high:

There were a couple more the last 2 days when i looked as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-II-Two-Playstation-2-PS2-PS3-RARE_W0QQitemZ120129358005QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Vs-Capcom-2-Playstation-2_W0QQitemZ320122521438QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-PS2-Playstation-2-Game_W0QQitemZ170119965848QQihZ007QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was really excited mainly cuz i didn't think i'd find it. Excuse me for the extra sauce.[/quote]

The first 2 auctions there have 0 bids...

If I had to guess, the PS2 version probably fetches more because I think a lot of people prefer that platform for their fighting games.

[quote name='fatbeer']It's even worse for ps2 version. Gamestop now wants $70. Looks like there increasing rates on hard to find games like Baldur's Gate 2 for $50 and mario dance dance for $50 as well. I remember over a year ago that marvel vs capcom 2was $45, mario dance for $25 and baldur's gate for $17.99 at gamestop/ebgames.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938470[/QUOTE]

Yep, when I got my copy a year or so ago with the b2g1 free it was only $45.

*hugs his original DC version*

Actually my favorite version is a fan work, it's the exact same game but with replaced music. No more "I'm gonna take you for a ride!"

[quote name='vicious7171']*hugs his original DC version*

Actually my favorite version is a fan work, it's the exact same game but with replaced music. No more "I'm gonna take you for a ride!"[/quote]
Worth it alone to replace that annoying character selection music ;)

Anyone else think the logic behind charging $70 for a "rare game" on the PS2 is absolutely outrageous for a retail chain? I'd expect that kind of price on eBay or even at flea markets from know-it-all game vendors, but from a store that actually specializes in games?

No way in hell would I buy a used copy of a game that ends up actually costing more than most new PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games.

It's bad enough that the PS2 version is inferior to the Xbox version and even the Dreamcast version. Only way I'll dish out cash for Xbox version is if they have some coupon or offer that takes down the price of used games.

[quote name='Tsukento']Anyone else think the logic behind charging $70 for a "rare game" on the PS2 is absolutely outrageous for a retail chain? I'd expect that kind of price on eBay or even at flea markets from know-it-all game vendors, but from a store that actually specializes in games?

No way in hell would I buy a used copy of a game that ends up actually costing more than most new PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games.

It's bad enough that the PS2 version is inferior to the Xbox version and even the Dreamcast version. Only way I'll dish out cash for Xbox version is if they have some coupon or offer that takes down the price of used games.[/QUOTE]

they are basically a bigger corporate version of an ebay seller (they make their money off of selling used games after buying them for cheap) so no, it's not outrageous at all. They saw that there is demand for MvC2, and their price actually beats ebay for a PS2 copy.

it does suck though.

[quote name='Tsukento']Anyone else think the logic behind charging $70 for a "rare game" on the PS2 is absolutely outrageous for a retail chain? I'd expect that kind of price on eBay or even at flea markets from know-it-all game vendors, but from a store that actually specializes in games?

It's bad enough that the PS2 version is inferior to the Xbox version and even the Dreamcast version. Only way I'll dish out cash for Xbox version is if they have some coupon or offer that takes down the price of used games.[/quote]

I actually said this to someone when I was in EBGames and saw it for $70. I mean what's the point of paying $60 for a scrached up used copy. I got a scratched up copy that worked from Gamestop years ago for only $27 on PS2 (in 2004 it was really that cheap there) and I would never pay $70 for a copy that looks like that. I would go straight to an auction site if I had to. However my fav version is the PS2 one because of the controls, and I actually really enjoy the music in the game (even though SF Third Strike has better music).

bread's done
Back