I am going to be doing my first EBAY Auction, NEED HELP.

aaa

CAGiversary!
I normally HATE the idea of selling/trading over the internet, but I have a friend who will be able to help me sell my games. I want to know, how should I sell them?

Here is what I own:

1 black gamecube w/ regular 1st party controller, wavebird, and memory card

1 XBOX w/2 first party controllers, (wouldn't advertise one since a message appears on the screen saying that the controller isn't plugged in every few minutes) wireless logitech controller, thing that you plug into the controller to use for your headset

All my games are in perfect condition and complete

GC Games:
POP:WW
F-Zero GX (Sealed)

XBOX Games:
GTA:San Andreas
Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory
Conker
NCAA 2006 Football
Project Snowblind
Midnight Club 3
Destroy All Humans

I know that San Andreas is going for a lot on ebay, so should I sell that seperate? How much can I get for an opened copy? I was thinking around $50 since sealed ones for $80-$100.

Should I make 1 bundle for everything, should I seperate my xbox and gamecube stuff, or should everything be seperate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated for an EBAY noob.

Definitely separate XBox and Gamecube stuff, and definitely sell San Andreas separately. So I would say sell one XBox bundle, one Gamecube bundle, and San Andreas separaetly.

[quote name='PaulEMoz']Definitely separate XBox and Gamecube stuff, and definitely sell San Andreas separately. So I would say sell one XBox bundle, one Gamecube bundle, and San Andreas separaetly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Do I actually get MORE money if I sell the xbox stuff in one bundle that selling it seperate? If I am going to lose $10 so I don't need to keep track of 15 different bids, it is worth it, but I don't want to lose out on $50-$75.

You can never really know which way will make you the most money, but if you haven't got any particularly hard to come by games, you're probably best selling in a bundle, or you might only get a couple of dollars for each game individually, which isn't worth it a lot of the time.

EDIT: Conker might be worth selling separately too. Have a look on ebay and see what it's generally going for.

I would also sell the systems as seperate bundles, but sell all the games individually. I think you'll make more money that way. I dont think you'll get the full value of the games if you bundled them in with the systems. Most people who buy system and game packages are looking for a cheapere deal because they are buying more. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Thanks. I am having a guy I know do this for me. I will talk to him and see if he can get the games in seperate bids.

You are more likely to make more money selling the Xbox games seperately, especially since they're all pretty new games. However, it will be more of a hassle, and will increase your chances of getting a non-paying bidder.

Like previously mentioned, take a look at what the games are going for seperately.

As a personal example, I sold a Gamecube for $70 and Mario Kart for $35. If I would have sold them as a bundle, the auctions were only going for around $85. So I made an extra $20 doing it seperate.

One tip: Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT send out anything until after you receive payment.

[quote name='Troopa']You are more likely to make more money selling the Xbox games seperately, especially since they're all pretty new games. However, it will be more of a hassle, and will increase your chances of getting a non-paying bidder.

Like previously mentioned, take a look at what the games are going for seperately.

As a personal example, I sold a Gamecube for $70 and Mario Kart for $35. If I would have sold them as a bundle, the auctions were only going for around $85. So I made an extra $20 doing it seperate.

One tip: Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT send out anything until after you receive payment.[/QUOTE]

Seperate it is! Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully the guy who is doing this for me will be able to do this and not charge more. (need to give him 20%. I might be a sucker, but it is not worth putting 10-20 hours for an extra $75, plus I might have a problem selling since I have never sold something before) What do you guys think?

Here are my estimates:
Chaos Theory-20-25
NCAA Football 2006-$35-$40
XBOX w/ 2 working controllers, one broken, DVD remote, and a communicator plug-in-$125
San Andreas-$55-$65
POP:WW-$15-$20
GC w/ controller, wavebird, memory card-$75-$80
DAH!-$30-$35
Snowblind-$10
F-Zero GX (Sealed)-$10-$15
Conker-$30-$35
Midnight Club 3-$25-$30

Do you think these are fair estimates?

Hopefully I will get $430-$480

I wouldn't bundle the games . . . those are worth selling separately and not that much work.

Also, set shipping and handling to $5 (most people do) but send via 1st Class mail . . . your actual cost will be about $2.50 per game and the rest will pay your ebay fees.

[quote name='schultzed']
Also, set shipping and handling to $5 (most people do) but send via 1st Class mail . . . your actual cost will be about $2.50 per game and the rest will pay your ebay fees.[/QUOTE]

Most people get turned off by high shipping and will not bid on your auction. I say list 2 shipping optiions.

one for 1st class mail and another for priority.
charge 3.00 bucks for 1st class and 5.00 bucks for priority.

Always offer insurance for $1.30. and when shipping your item buy delivery confirmation. that way you end is protected. So if the seller goes I never recived item say my tracking numbers says it was sent to your house last monday etc. If the item gets lost in the mail its there fault if they did not buy insurance. However you can always work something out with the seller.

bread's done
Back