I am Number Four + Gnomeo and Juliet Deal (Coupons for both!)

Luuc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
EDIT: I just saw the post like 10 threads down about the I Am Number Four coupon. Apparently I am unobservant! But I still feel like this thread will be helpful, so I'm going to leave it up...

Alright I've seen people mention the Gnomeo and Juliet $5 off DMR coupon, but I've yet to see mention of a I Am Number Four coupon, so I went looking for one. My search took all of five seconds:

http://www.findnumberfour.com/#/home

The main website for the movie has a coupon for $5 off!

So this is reminiscent of the Cars + Incredibles deal at Best Buy. Their weekly ad says if you buy both movies on blu-ray you get $10 off! So that's...

Gnomeo and Juliet 3D combo pack - $24.99
I Am Number Four combo pack - $24.99
Both coupons - $10 off
BB deal - $10 off
Totals out to $29.98 for both.

The Gnomeo and Juliet coupon specifically says it's for the 3D combo pack, but if you are brave and want to try it with the Blu+DVD combo (which is only $19.99) the total comes down to $24.98.

ALSO:

At Target, I am Number Four is only $22.99, as is the Gnomeo and Juliet 2-disc. The 3D combo is $27.99 though. So if the Gnomeo coupon works on the 2-disc and Target is willing to price match the $10 off (does it work like that?) the total for both comes to $25.98, or $23.68 if you have a REDcard.

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
I printed both coupons, though I'm still not sure whether I really want either of these movies enough to make them worth buying.

Getting Target to match BB's $10 off for buying both is going to be YMMV at best. It's worth a shot, but don't be surprised if they won't do it.

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you, arcane93. I wasn't planning to buy either of them, but I am such a sucker for deals............ ugh!

I figured that's how the Target price match would work, I just wanted to put the idea out there. I'd definitely like to see someone try it!

I'm mainly tempted by Gnomeo & Juliet just to have one more 3D title in my collection when I finally get around to buying some 3D glasses (I have a 3D-compatible TV, but haven't bothered buying glasses yet because I have so little 3D content to actually watch).

I Am Number Four honestly sounds more like a Netflix rental, though with this deal, if I'm buying G&J I might as well pick it up too.

I thought I saw someone in another thread say that Gnomeo & Juliet is garbage. Anyone got an opinion on both films? I was probably just going to rent them & call it good. I Am Number Four interests me more than Gnomeo & Juliet though.

[QUOTE:Amazon]Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the best value promotion offered on the website for both the DVD. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I've made an exception for you and reduce the price of "I Am Number Four" to $14.99. [/QUOTE]Since I have $5 coupon saving, price should be $9.99 for "I'm #4" and $19.99 for Gnomeo & Juliet. :D

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']I thought I saw someone in another thread say that Gnomeo & Juliet is garbage. Anyone got an opinion on both films? I was probably just going to rent them & call it good. I Am Number Four interests me more than Gnomeo & Juliet though.[/QUOTE]

I Am Number Four is one of the worst movies I've watched this year, not even worth a rental. The movie focuses on too much needless high school romance/drama than action (meaning I thought it was poorly done).. though there is one long action scene that's decent. It's more like the type of movie that you'd think would be a TV exclusive/special or something. I haven't read the book, so I don't know how it compares to it. Not sure about Gnomeo & Juliet, haven't seen that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']I Am Number Four is one of the worst movies I've watched this year, not even worth a rental. The movie focuses on too much needless high school romance/drama than action (meaning I thought it was poorly done).. though there is one long action scene that's decent. It's more like the type of movie that you'd think would be a TV exclusive/special or something. I haven't read the book, so I don't know how it compares to it. Not sure about Gnomeo & Juliet, haven't seen that.[/QUOTE]

I think you convinced me to just do pay per view for this one. I am really curious about this movie despite the low reviews. I liked The Covenant and that one got low ratings. Still, I would rather waste $5 rather $20, especially if there is no re-watchability.

I think this is the day we start hearing about customers being shrewdly denied by Best Buy employees using both the $10 Discount and the MFG coupons...

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I think this is the day we start hearing about customers being shrewdly denied by Best Buy employees using both the $10 Discount and the MFG coupons...[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. I did the same thing with the Cars/Incredibles promotion. Best Buy has already given the OK for it.

I picked up both for $29.99 this morning.

Scorch - please report back when you get a chance with your brief review of the movies. I have a XBR 3d tv, and I am all for adding QUALITY movies to my collection. Please let us know!

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Is there a way to use DISNEY manufacture coupons at Amazon.com?

Beats having to drive to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

no, they only work with brick and mortar stores

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Is there a way to use DISNEY manufacture coupons at Amazon.com?

Beats having to drive to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
Not technically, but if you follow the main thread from time to time, Amazon does offer their own coupons similar to DMR, but they are only good for about a week and then they disappear.

Man, I went and looked at both of these in Best Buy today, and couldn't bring myself to buy them. If I could get Gnomeo and Juliet 3D for $15 or less without having to buy I Am Number Four I'd probably jump on it, but everything that I've heard about I Am Number Four is so awful that I really just don't think it's worth it. Oh well.

[quote name='arcane93']Man, I went and looked at both of these in Best Buy today, and couldn't bring myself to buy them. If I could get Gnomeo and Juliet 3D for $15 or less without having to buy I Am Number Four I'd probably jump on it, but everything that I've heard about I Am Number Four is so awful that I really just don't think it's worth it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you buy IAN4 and G&J but return IAN4. Do you still save the $5 ($10 for buying both split between the 2) on G&J?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']What happens if you buy IAN4 and G&J but return IAN4. Do you still save the $5 ($10 for buying both split between the 2) on G&J?[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily. Sometimes Best Buy's system is set up in such a way that it will void the combined discount; meaning they won't give you the full value of IAN4. They will, however, give you $5 cash, if you used the Disney coupon.

Ended up picking them up after all. When I told my girlfriend about the coupons and the Best Buy sale, she said that she wanted me to pick up I Am Number Four because all of her students had said that it's really good. Of course, her students are sixth graders, so um, yeah... Not sure how much stock I really put in that recommendation. :lol: Still, whatever, at least I managed to grab it while it was cheap.

Had to go to two Best Buys, though. At the first one, the cashier refused me because I wanted to buy the blu-ray only version of I Am Number Four (I have no use for the DVD or digital copy from the combo pack, so might as well save five bucks), but the coupon specifically shows the combo pack. Of course, they didn't even have any copies of the combo pack in the store, so I don't know what he expected me to do. After trying to argue it with him and then standing around for five minutes waiting for a manager who never showed up, I finally just gave up and walked out. At the second store, the cashier had some brief concern about whether he could combine the coupons with Best Buy's $10 discount, but fortunately the manager there said that it wasn't a problem and it all went smoothly.

[quote name='exceed19']Scorch - please report back when you get a chance with your brief review of the movies. I have a XBR 3d tv, and I am all for adding QUALITY movies to my collection. Please let us know![/QUOTE]

It may be a while. I've got others to watch first. Going off word of mouth, though, I would wait for something better. I haven't really heard anything positive about I Am Number Four and I haven't heard anything at all about Gnomeo and Juliet.

bread's done
Back