I am offically done buying games for at least 2 months. *ended on a ok note*

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Well after ballooning my Xbox game collection to 77 games. I have decided to call it quits for awhile. I have just been putting way too much money into gaming thanks to this site. Only way I see me breaking this if some 5 dollar games appear :D.

I did end it on an ok note though. I bought Deus Ex and Legion Of Kane (two games I have been meaning to buy) for 2.12 (basically shipping and tax) after using my 20 dollar code from Max Payne 2. So for 25.45 I got 3 games (8.48 per game).

congrats man. i agree. i just rebought a GC and have bought 13 games over the last month or so to add to my 40 plus xbox joints. hits the wallet hard, but imagine the how much harder it would hit it at full price.

that's cool man. I myself am having doubts on whether or not I'll be picking up some games that I had been hoping to get. Oh well, Here's to when they are $20 and lower in 8 months *toasts his glass of Coka-cola.*

:eek: Damn, you people buy a lot of games. Lol, I'll buy like a game every month. Guess Im not the kind of gamer I thought I was. Back when I was like 7, I had to wait 3 months between games before I got a new one. Wow, thats only 4 games a year......

One of my friends always says the same thing. But man, it has got to be hard to give it up. Good luck! :)

I'm still trying to hit 600 games by the end of the year. At 594, it shouldn't be too difficult. And to think I bought my 500th game in late July. That's almost 100 games in about 3 months.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm still trying to hit 600 games by the end of the year. At 594, it shouldn't be too difficult. And to think I bought my 500th game in late July. That's almost 100 games in about 3 months.[/quote]

Damn, the 14 games I bought on Friday just put me over 200 ... maybe I should sell my car to buy games.

I have nothing to play, after trying lots of other games I've learned I'm strictly a good RPG player, soooo waiting for KOTOR 2, jade emipire and balders gate 2, I've played through fable 4 times, kotor 4 times and have nothing to play right now!!! AAARG

Sneaky, I bought in mid July during the CC sale 80 games that I didn't have since I hadn't been a member up till about 3 weeks before it. I was a very deprived gamer for quite some time so I decided to splurge. There were only a couple here and there that were doubles , but even with that I made sure to leave one for my fellow CAGs since it just didn't feel right to clean out the store. Then came the TRU sale. Yup, a lot.

I am done buying games for myself for the rest of the year.

Thanks to CAG I was able to find some great deals on cheap games, so I too have stuff that is unplayed and needs to be finished.

All games purchased after today will be strictly Xmas presents for others...I'm done buying for myself until next year.

I dont think Ive bought any games for a while now, I cant remember the last time I did, Now that I have a Gamerush I dont think I will for an even longer time.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I must say that right before the holiday rush seems to be the worst time to give up game buying, of course I'm sure your wallet will thank you.[/quote]

Personally, I think that right before the holidays would be the BEST time to give up buying video games. Every year before Xmas we see a ton of overhyped, overpriced crap games being released. I think it would be better to wait until after the end of the year once all the holiday game reviews are in and after xmas and new years sales start with price drops.

If I had a dollar for every time I said I'm going to stop buying games for X amount of time, I'd have a big stack of money, and I'd take that stack of money and buy even more games with it.

[quote name='guessed']Please tell me you at least preordered Halo 2.[/quote]

Nope I got insanely bored of it after a week and a half. I will just play co-op with my friends' house. I did preorder Sonic Mega Collection Plus though.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']:eek: Damn, you people buy a lot of games. Lol, I'll buy like a game every month. Guess Im not the kind of gamer I thought I was. Back when I was like 7, I had to wait 3 months between games before I got a new one. Wow, thats only 4 games a year......[/quote]

I know I am a sucker for good deals. When I was younger though I was lucky to get a game per season. Guess now that I have money I am making up for lose time.

[quote name='Rig']One of my friends always says the same thing. But man, it has got to be hard to give it up. Good luck! :)[/quote]

Oh yeah I said the same thing when I bought Steel Battalion awhile ago but this time I am serious. I told my parents not to give me their CC to order games (I usually use their card then give them the money for the bill). Anyways I have my eyes on other things now :D

with a gamerush near me...buying games is not an option. i've just been trading in my ps2 games since i traded in my ps2 and i've been coming out with tons of games. espesically with the $8 minimum for dvds...BB credit has treated me well.

i wish i could cut back on it, but with this site i am addicted to buying games. i make like $200 every 2 weeks (i know i get paid crap). i spend like about $125 of that on games. i am buying a new ps2 because i sold my old one (it was time for it to go after like 2 or 3 years). that is going to be $150 off my next pay from work.

dam thanks to this site it was HUGE boost to my collection...hell if it wasnt for this site i would have never found out about the $5 BB sale or the CC sale or the TRU sales....In my case..i cant stop....Halo 2 DOA Ult...KOF 02/03..and i just put my reserve down on the DS...dam Xmas is coming....Hmm waht to do...

I guess im a total opposite of most you guys. Some how i ended up with only 4 games in my collection. Mario Pario, Tales of Symphonia, LOZ WW, and ESPN NBA 2k5 and close to $1500 in my paypal. Im pretty sure those 4 games will take up my time till the end of the year.

bread's done
Back