I am so proud of myself!

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I haven't bought a single video game in over 2 weeks! This is the longest I've gone without buying a single game in the last...I don't remember how many...years. In addition, I'm forcing myself to limit my visits to CAG to only once a day! Am I actually breaking away from this addiction? I may not have to go on a search for a video game and/or CAG rehab center after all!

I probably just jinxed it and I'm going to end up relapsing in a few days.

Congrats!

I should challenge myself to do the same thing with my anime purchases. I keep telling myself I'm acyually saving money by placing a $50 order at rigtstuf to avoid shipping...

[quote name='ITDEFX']its not video games thats my problem...its buying dvd's...........[/quote]
Mine is booze and hoes

Damn, not to bring you down or anything, I haven't bought anything for myself, videogame/movies/boos/fastfood, in almost 2 month.

But then again, thats due to being married, but that only counts for 2 weeks out of those 2 months.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Damn, not to bring you down or anything, I haven't bought anything for myself, videogame/movies/boos/fastfood, in almost 2 month.

But then again, thats due to being married, but that only counts for 2 weeks out of those 2 months.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that man, I just got married back in May but my wife loves my video game and toy collecting. We used a small chunck of our wedding money, about $1300, to buy a vintage star wars collection for US( both her and I) and then she got me my 360 and now Im rebuilding my TF collection. Love the married life..

///// doesnt hurt that I already had my own house( even did a small prenup on the house just incase) and that both of our cars are paid off and no kids, yet....

[quote name='vietgurl']I haven't bought a single video game in over 2 weeks! This is the longest I've gone without buying a single game in the last...I don't remember how many...years. In addition, I'm forcing myself to limit my visits to CAG to only once a day! Am I actually breaking away from this addiction? I may not have to go on a search for a video game and/or CAG rehab center after all!

I probably just jinxed it and I'm going to end up relapsing in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Don't you work at a game store?

You should go to a rehab group and talk about it. But make sure Bob Saget isn't there first.

[quote name='onetrackmind']I haven't bought a game in about 2 months... i even sold off 45 games in my collection, which i've never done before.[/quote]

If only I could do that.

I've actually bought 19 games in the last 2 months. But I also sold/traded away more than 19. So I could say I haven't added a game to my collection in the last two months.

Wait, almost all those 19 I bought were either immediately sold or are preorders. So technically I've only taken 4 new games home with me.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Don't you work at a game store?[/QUOTE]

not anymore. i'm not even reading game reviews or keeping up with the latest video game rankings anymore. i'll walk into EB about once a week to visit my friends there but that's about it.

am i finally breaking this video game habit?

oh wait, im' probably replacing it with cars...

oh yeah, now i can't come on for the rest of the day. once a day! *sneaks on later*

Congrats viet, now let's see how long this will last? I haven't anything since DQ8 and Drill Dozer last week. I don't plan to buy anything till Cooking Mama, and I feel I can stick to that easily. Of course, checking CAG every day isn't helping, but I'll gladly break my streak to get a game really cheap if a crazy deal comes up.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Congrats.

And I hope you'll forgive me for thinking this was going to be another thread about working out your ass. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Good, so I wasn't the only one thinking that....

[quote name='ITDEFX']its not video games thats my problem...its buying dvd's...........[/quote]

Same here, whenever I enter a store I usually come out with a DVD that I bought on the spot.

Hmm.. I can usually go a while without buying anything but just last week I bought Dead Rising and IQ Mania but those were my first purchases since Tomb Raider back in April...I think... well, if you don't count XBLA since I bought Frogger and Cloning Clyde (which I'm loving). God I have an addiction.

What are you people doing, dammit!? Buy through the links, CheapyD needs food! :lol:

I haven't bought a game since Dead Rising, and I'm feeling itchy.

[quote name='shipwreck']What are you people doing, dammit!? Buy through the links, CheapyD needs food! :lol:

I haven't bought a game since Dead Rising, and I'm feeling itchy.[/quote]
And head wax isn't cheap... :lol:

Of course nothing is cheap in Japan...

[quote name='shipwreck']What are you people doing, dammit!? Buy through the links, CheapyD needs food! :lol:

I bought IQ Mania through the link so the Ramen Noodles for Friday night dinner are on me!

Cover up this thread, don't give them any ideas of revolution :whistle2:$

Remind them why they need us!

Its been over a month for me since I bought video games. I have been buying a lot of books though- Lately I've been reading alot.

Its been about 13 hours now since i got my last games (Sealed Soul Caliber 2 from a trade and Sealed Jade Empire from Half Price Books)

I go blow most of my check every monday on games, movies, comic books, toys. all sorts of crap, and i dont stop till im broke for the entire week. till next monday to do it all over again. im worse than a girl when it comes to shopping. whats funny is I havent bought clothes in like a year, with the exception of a shirt here and there at concerts.
I just ordered through playasia using the CAG link so, theres my contribution. for now. till next monday.

I haven't bought a game since Dead Rising, and I'm feeling itchy.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and I'm broke. The cheap PGR3 is getting mighty tempting lately too... Maybe I'll trade in some old XBox stuff...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Congrats.

And I hope you'll forgive me for thinking this was going to be another thread about working out your ass. :lol:[/quote]
I was actually expecting a thread about tricking a police officer out of giving a ticket again.

(and my game buying hysteria that started when I joined this site has thankfully died as of about December)

bread's done
Back