I can't believe this, 2 Suikoden II sold at less than $10 within 4 days!!!

Never list with that muze thing, ive tried selling stuff that way and it always goes for dirt cheap. Take the time to list your stuff properly and dont take the easy way out.

Makes no sense? Both of them had BINs of $9.00 and $9.99?? Who's doing the listing for them?

... and where can I find the auctions where those people are doing the listing?

The Muze thing is where you can enter your item into a search engine and you get all this pre-filled information. I have used it before and it hasn't affected my sales prices. I always put in my own description too though. Going with the Muze, and Muze only, I wouldn't recommend.

"My ex-roommate moved out and left me with no way of getting ahold of him, and owing me $800. Since it's been 45 days, and he left behind plenty of his stuff, I've decided to sell it on ebay. Help me regain some of my money!"

Great start buddy

(Copied from his auction)

Why: It's time to face the facts. I woke up one day and realized that I'm 27 with no girlfriend, and $80,000 in student loan debt that I will probably never be able to pay off, but I have video games. Time for a change. Plus I'm training for a marathon and I don't need the distraction. Check me out if you don't believe me.

http://www.bonvon.com/

[quote name='schultzed']Yeah, I saw an auction where Metal Slug 3 sold as a buy-it-now for $15!

I'm going to list my used (but complete) copy and hope to get at least $30 total (including shipping) maybe I should list it on CAG?

What was this guy thinking?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8132559229&rd=1[/quote]

He says that he sells all of his stuff in the range of $5-$15, so keep an eye on his other auctions just in case.

I always use muze, easy way to get the ESRB rating, the box art, etc.

Of course I always take my own picture as well. For most games you really don't need to put much more than the title and a note on the condition. I mean if you're selling a copy of Super Mario 64 cart only for the N64, there isn't really much confusion about what you're talking about.

I actually used to put a good bit of junk in my description about the game's features, my thoughts on it, etc. But IMO it seemed to actually bring my auctions down. So now I just put a small blurb. But I haven't done a ton of auctions, so my impression may be off.

MP I'd be curious to get some more details on why you think Muze is a bad way to go. I'm always interested in other takes on how to set up my auctions.

remember that a lot of these guys, well list a low price like this and then sell you a bootleg. Its a little harder to do with a psx game...but the dreamcast games are filled with them

I've used Muze for my game auctions. I've also used some additional personal text with my description of the game, both condition and gameplay, and other auction tidbits. But for basic description stuff of relatively standard things, why not use the muze thing? If you have something really rare or in debateable condition, I can see using your own pic and description, but for 'standard' stuff, why not.
And like wubb, I'm not a huge Ebay seller of games [most of my stuff is listed on Half.com, till they take it down : (], and I'm not selling anything really rare.

I use Muze for almost every one of my game auctions. I usually just state the condition of the game in the description and if the manual and/or box/case is included.

using the muze information is fine, and it's especially helpful when you sell cds, since you don't actually have to take the time to type the tracklisting. the use of the muze information has nothing to do with the games selling for so cheap, it has far more to do with the use of the 9.99 buy it now option.

i will agree that you can't just use the muze info by itself, you need to offer a description of the condition, as well as explain your shipping policies and the like. i won't bid on items that are listed solely with muze info.

bread's done
Back