I-con Convention

Wooten

CAGiversary!
Hey, I was just curious if any other CAG's are going to be attending I-con. I go every year and was just wondering who else, if anyone goes. For those that don't know what it is, it's a sci-fi, fantasy, anime, comic, gaming, geek convention that takes place at SUNY Stony Brook annaully. It's about the only thing that ever happens in Suffolk.

Some of my friends are nerding out for this, planning their cosplay and whatnot. I may or may not go.... but I won't nerd out. :nottalking:

[quote name='Chronis']Some of my friends are nerding out for this, planning their cosplay and whatnot. I may or may not go.... but I won't nerd out. :nottalking:[/quote]

lol yea I don't do the cosplay thing, but I enjoy seeing other people dressing up and such. It's a good time if you've never gone and Billy West is going to be there, so that is reason enough to go in my opinion.

[quote name='Wooten']lol yea I don't do the cosplay thing, but I enjoy seeing other people dressing up and such. It's a good time if you've never gone and Billy West is going to be there, so that is reason enough to go in my opinion.[/quote]

I'm going and not because of Billy West. I'm more stoked about Michio Kaku and Erine Hudson.

Is it this weekend?

I believe it is the last one at Stony Brook (sadly, I'm a alum). All 27 years have been at that University. I wonder what place can you put that con on the island? It's not really a hotbed for conventions.

[quote name='ronaldhennessy']Is it this weekend?

I believe it is the last one at Stony Brook (sadly, I'm a alum). All 27 years have been at that University. I wonder what place can you put that con on the island? It's not really a hotbed for conventions.[/quote]

No longer at Stony Brook? That's nuts, really. I mean, I guess you can have it at one of the hotels around the island but I don't think any really have the sort of space to accommodate a con.

[quote name='ronaldhennessy']Is it this weekend?

I believe it is the last one at Stony Brook (sadly, I'm a alum). All 27 years have been at that University. I wonder what place can you put that con on the island? It's not really a hotbed for conventions.[/quote]

Where did you hear that?? That is news to me. I hope you are mistaken, I enjoy going to Stony Brook for this every year. :cry: Also it's not this weekend it's next weekend, April 4-6.

bread's done
Back