I didn't pay $16 so I could play Uncharted 2 for 5 minutes (cont.)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With how often you talk about piracy, I'm shocked you haven't been banned as of yet.

Mind you, I hate some of these companies that seem to fuck over their customers a bunch, but I'd rather just buy their games used or on clearance and give the store(s) my money rather than just doing something outright illegal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Damn... now I agree with you.

Yup.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not coming back to CAG after being involved in this thread.

[quote name='Fever Dogg']I read on numerous other sites ( ign,joystiq,kataku) that people were "invited" to these events. I was a little shocked to hear you were charged. All reports I saw people were ALL given free copies. Try googling IGN uncharted 2 free event. There will be something that shows or talks about the events.[/QUOTE]

I can corroborate Ugamer_X whole account of this train wreck of an event.
I was at the EXACT event as him in Thousand Oaks CA on the 6th.
By all accounts the UC Event on the 6th was advertised identically to the Event on the 5th. Minus, the all important VIP reference.
But, it kills me that the people like myself, and Ugamer_X, whom paid for this got shit as opposed to those that went to the Event the night before.
No food. No drink. Frakked up raffle. No free game.
The "raffle" was a joke. 20 games promised. 15 given out with NO explanation!
Two copies going to two of the douches on the winning El Dorado Team.
The fact that these 5 guys were allowed to come back (after taking 2nd place the night before) and participate again was total utter bullshit.
The paid Event was a frakkin' joke. And it was the PERFECT example of false advertising.
One of my favorite parts was the gift bag with a $5 off Uncharted 2 coupon only good at the SonyStyle Store. Thanks SONY!

bread's done
Back