I Disagree With Lots of stuff in the Latest Podcast!

[quote name='DJSteel']we (the public majority) already pay for half a cd, half a game, and half of a movie all the time...maybe you heard of Gears of Wars...[/QUOTE]

The ending credits "song" is worth the price of admission alone :lol:

[quote name='QuasidodoJr']I think Calling All Cars is a fairly big letdown, myself. If this is an example of what kind of product Jaffe plans to release from here on out, then he needs to stop acting like a stuck up celebrity, and prove he's for real with another great game.

As for Wombat's comments that the game is too short on content, I completely agree. And a game being short on content is most definitely a reason to put a value to its worth. Would you pay $15 for half a CD, or $20 for half a movie? No. So, why pay $10 for half a game? Maybe the small amount of content does it for some of you. It didn't for me. This is what's called an opinion. Other people have them, also.[/quote]
You're using standard CD and DVD prices to compare to a small downloadable video game. I wouldn't pay $60. for half a game, no.

[quote name='Decepticreep']That logic doesn't really apply to fighting games. You know how many times you need to beat Fatal Fury, 3 because that all they had for playable characters. Back then, it was ok, by today's standard, it makes for a boring game. King of Fighters '94 was a great improvement for SNK. KOF '95 was even better because, not only was there the 3 on 3 teams , but now you could change up the teams which makes for better gameplay. Maybe if you play against the CPU all the time, you might be content, but against real people... More is better. MK w/ four characters = a demo.[/quote]
We're not talking about Fatal Fury here though. If you have characters that are dynamic enough in a fighting game-like say the depth of a race in an RTS-then four of them would be fine because you'd get a lot of play time out of each character.

btw-the PSN gives exact change into your playstation wallet (one of the advantages over live and the virtual consoole) -you just need to have your item in the shopping cart and go to check out with no other PS dollars in your wallet.

[quote name='SisterYO']You're using standard CD and DVD prices to compare to a small downloadable video game. I wouldn't pay $60. for half a game, no.[/quote]Regardless of the total monetary value of the product, I still felt like I paid for half a game. I would have even felt more comfortable paying $7.99 for it. But for the 25 minutes I got out of the game, I didn't feel like my money was well spent.

[quote name='QuasidodoJr']Regardless of the total monetary value of the product, I still felt like I paid for half a game. I would have even felt more comfortable paying $7.99 for it. But for the 25 minutes I got out of the game, I didn't feel like my money was well spent.[/quote]
I think if you honestly only got 25 minutes out of the game then you're the idiot. I don't know what is says in the PS Store description exactly, but I think there's been enough information circulating about the game on the internet. For me, 25 minutes can be one online session, which is absolutely all I expect from a ten dollar game, and a PSN game designed for short bursts of play.

Yeah. Name calling makes your argument that much stronger, eh? So, let me get this straight... I'm an idiot because my opinion differs from your's, and I don't think that I personally got my $10 worth out of the game? You're defending Sony's honor against me for no reason! If I wasn't backing Sony myself, I would not have dropped $600 on my PS3 and then $10 to buy Calling All Cars in the first place. Now, as for not being able to take a hint... Please, come to the realization that people have different opinions. You can't tell anyone what games they're going to like. They're either going to like them, or they're not. Arguing otherwise is simply ignorant.

[quote name='QuasidodoJr']Yeah. Name calling makes your argument that much stronger, eh? So, let me get this straight... I'm an idiot because my opinion differs from your's, and I don't think that I personally got my $10 worth out of the game? You're defending Sony's honor against me for no reason! If I wasn't backing Sony myself, I would not have dropped $600 on my PS3 and then $10 to buy Calling All Cars in the first place. Now, as for not being able to take a hint... Please, come to the realization that people have different opinions. You can't tell anyone what games they're going to like. They're either going to like them, or they're not. Arguing otherwise is simply ignorant.[/quote] No I think you're an idiot because you spent 10 dollars on a game apparently thinking that it was something it was something it obviously isn't.

[quote name='SisterYO']No I think you're an idiot because you spent 10 dollars on a game apparently thinking that it was something it was something it obviously isn't.[/quote]

i think someones got the case of the mondays.. oh wait, maybe hes just a fanboy. either way, go away. oh look, it rhymes. personal opinions counts, his, or wombat's, and everybody elses. man i would have loved to be your teacher at school, i would slap you til you come to a realization.

[quote name='phear3d']i think someones got the case of the mondays.. oh wait, maybe hes just a fanboy. either way, go away. oh look, it rhymes. personal opinions counts, his, or wombat's, and everybody elses. man i would have loved to be your teacher at school, i would slap you til you come to a realization.[/quote]
lol at least I do my homework when I'm going to buy a game. People bitch about spending money and spend time on message boards without having enough time to read a review or recall a preview? I would call that retarded.

bread's done
Back