i don't even know what to say about this...who pays for the same item twice?

trent82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
alright, i had two items with "buy it now" prices set at $6 with shipping set at $4. somebody buys the first item and pays immediately through paypal ($6 + $4 = $10). then, that same person buys the second item and pays for it immediately through paypal...but this second payment covered the cost of both items ($6 + $4 + $6 + $4 = $20). so they have paid me for the first item twice. also, like i clearly state on all of my auction pages, i will discount shipping expenses when someone buys more than one of my items. so to simplify this, this person technically owed me $20 even, but paid $30 even, and if i would have been given a chance, i probably would have lowered their shipping by $2 or $3.

i'm gonna try to get in contact with this person, but i thought that this was pretty ridiculous. did any of you ever have someone pay twice?

correction, I did not read the OP correctly, ..
Yeah, its happened numerous times,,, Its a mistake either by the buyer or paypal.. just refund the extra payment, not worth the hassel of them filing a claim through paypal on the 29th day...

No problem.. just refund the first payment. It happens; we won't know why. We don't know what else this person had to deal with at the time. We all make stupid mistakes at some point.

It's not on par as, say, forgetting you don't have an xbox.

Happens once in a while with me. They think the payment didn't go through so it gets sent twice. The sad part is, some of them don't realize they paid twice until I see the payment twice in my Paypal account and then I refund it (Of course I always refund, I just mean that some don't even send an e-mail letting me know they paid twice because they have no idea)

i had no intentions of keeping the extra money, i was just surprised that someone could pay twice...i didn't even know ebay would let you do that. believe me, i have no intentions of screwing up my 100% feedback rating. i have been using ebay for over 6 years and i never encountered this type of thing before. i didn't even know there was a simple refund option built in to paypal, but i just found it, so everything is taken care of.

bread's done
Back