I Don't Get Why People Copy Games To Their Xboxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy_Gen

CAG Veteran
Well yeah to save money I guess

So um you can modify your Xbox with a bigger HD and a chip and be able to play ROMs and burn Xbox games to it

But me...I prefer to actually buy the game and have the physical box, manual and game itself. Besides I buy stuff for pretty cheap on Ebay, you just gotta wait for cheapy deals and know when to buy.

The only benefit I see from playing burned Xbox games I hear is cutting down loading times...but the Xbox games are pretty fast when it comes to loading, especially compared to the PS2.

Just a thought.

I have a modded xbox. I do not use it for piracy tho. Besides making it a Emu Box. I got so many roms on it :)

I was actually tempted to mod my Xbox to play ROMs on it but nah, I think it would be funner to hunt down old original systems like the NES and Genesis. Besides, its just not the same playing those old school games on a different machine.

And I never rent games at stores like Blockbuster...too much hassle to go down there, pick and rent the game and returning it. I do rent games through Gamefly though.

I just prefer looking for games on Ebay for around $10-20, maybe higher if its worth it.

[quote name='JSK414']I have a modded xbox. I do not use it for piracy tho. Besides making it a Emu Box. I got so many roms on it :)[/QUOTE]

And roms do not equate to piracy in your world? Its still piracy, you're still a thief.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']And roms do not equate to piracy in your world? Its still piracy, you're still a thief.[/QUOTE]

I've got a rule when it comes to roms. If I can buy the game at the store, you don't rom it. But say...Super Metroid for the SNES...if I buy the game off ebay or play a rom, I don't hurt Nintendo either way.

On that note, I don't have a modded XBOX...this board turned me off to it before I bought my box.

i rip games that I buy for the most part. I like to keep fighting games at my disposal, instead of reloading each disc. you can soft reset to the dashboard, so it makes it easy to hop form game to game.

there's a lot of other stuff you can do which makes a mod nice. like playing any file type on yer tv and of course, tons of emulators.

I do it for the simple convience of not bringing 40 games with me to college - the games stay safe on a shelf in my room at home for the time being and I don't have to worry about roommates stealing my shit b/c its all in the Xbox.

I didn't knwo it was possible to "soft-reset" to the dashboard though - is it through a chip or soft modded?

[quote name='joevan07']I do it for the simple convience of not bringing 40 games with me to college - the games stay safe on a shelf in my room at home for the time being and I don't have to worry about roommates stealing my shit b/c its all in the Xbox.

I didn't knwo it was possible to "soft-reset" to the dashboard though - is it through a chip or soft modded?[/QUOTE]

I have an executer chip....but I think it's the BIOS that it was flashed with that allows for a soft-reset.

My Xbox had issues reading games like Halo2 and Fable, The games would crash after playing them for 30min, By ripping them to the HDD I stopped having that problem. That was the first reason I started Ripping games to the HDD. Other benifits for ripping the games to the HDD is much much shorter load times and having all the games right there so you don't have to switch out discs. All the games I have on my Xbox are ones I own.

Sure I can play pirated games and go and rent a bunch of games and rip them, But I don't.

I'm not even going to get into other benefits of having a modded xbox, like Xbox Media Center.

The topics on HD loader are allowed and this is sort of the same. By ripping Fable (a game I owned) to the HD the game is actually playable without the long ass loading time.

how difficult is it mod the xbox to burn stuff to your hdd because my box has a rough time reading games and I have to turn it off and on a couple of times to get some games to work.

[quote name='joevan07']I do it for the simple convience of not bringing 40 games with me to college - the games stay safe on a shelf in my room at home for the time being and I don't have to worry about roommates stealing my shit b/c its all in the Xbox. [/QUOTE]
It is a simple convenience, instead of having to cart away 40 games, all they have to get is the Xbox and they're all set!

It's just because everything is about money..if there is a way to save loads of money (that being burning games and never having to buy them) then heeey why not? Right? That's what it boils down to..saving money. Oh well, I personally hope these people get caught burning games illegally one day then maybe they'll learn. It's just really stupid and cheap (cheap as in being a prick) that some people have to stoop to that level.

I just use my modded xbox as a media extender. I modded it as a project for a college class (I was just going to build a home theater pc, but this was cheaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back