i downloaded the mariner game onto my ds.

buttle

CAGiversary!
for those who don't know. nintendo owns the mariners, and at mariner games, you can download the game and watch it on your ds while you're at the game. it's a little overpriced at 5 dollars but i did it just for fun.

the picture wasn't great. as expected. the game showed up in the upper screen, and the picture was a little smaller then the screen. there was a 2 second delay. so right after a pitch, you could look at your ds and see exactly where the ball crossed the plate. and after close plays, you could obviously watch replays.

the video was straight from fox sports northwest. so you'd watch all the replays that people saw at home. no sound though. i'm not sure why.

other things; you could search and find stats of all the players, scores of other games that night. and you could order food or beer with your credit card, and have someone bring the food to your seat. i was curious about this, but i'm far too poor to be buying food or beer at the game.

i enjoyed it, but i probubly wouldn't do it again. the biggest issue was simply that the picture didn't have good enough quality. awsome game though. walk away home run by sexson. first picth of the bottom of the nineth. so good.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Good luck overtaking the angels and yankees, we just dont have the pitching to make a dent.[/QUOTE]

? You mean the Tigers and the Yankees? Angels lead the AL West division, and the Tigers, Yankees and Mariners are going for the wildcard spot.

Sounds cool. It would be worth spending the $5 on at least once. I really want to visit the pacific northwest and convince my wife to move there.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Good luck overtaking the angels and yankees, we just dont have the pitching to make a dent.[/QUOTE]

we need to overtake no one. we've got the wildcard lead presently. but only just barely.

I really think this is a cool idea. If they offered this service at Braves games, I'd use it. But I think baseball is the only sport where it would really be successful. Wouldn't work so well with football, hockey, basketball, or soccer, where your eyes need to be constantly on the action.

[quote name='Tybee']I really think this is a cool idea. If they offered this service at Braves games, I'd use it. But I think baseball is the only sport where it would really be successful. Wouldn't work so well with football, hockey, basketball, or soccer, where your eyes need to be constantly on the action.[/quote]

The only way I could really see it working with the other sports is for during intermissions. I have hockey season tix, and would love to have something "extra" to do in between periods (well, besides load up on nachos, beer, and all the other goodies :drool:).

[quote name='Tybee']I really think this is a cool idea. If they offered this service at Braves games, I'd use it. But I think baseball is the only sport where it would really be successful. Wouldn't work so well with football, hockey, basketball, or soccer, where your eyes need to be constantly on the action.[/QUOTE]

i think it would work alright at football games. just to see the replay right afterwords. i kind of bet that this won't be tried elsewhere though with the ds. maybe on the next portable system or even the psp.

Yeah, it's definitely best for baseball but it'd work alright for football, too. Definitely not sports like basketball or hockey that don't have breaks between plays, though.

bread's done
Back