I effing hate Columbia House...

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
That damn directors selection has gotten me twice, now the first time, the movie was Collateral which I wanted anyways. So no harm, no foul...but THIS TIME it was Lemony Snickets...I DONT WANT NO fuckING LEMONY SNICKETS!!! I know I can return it, but I having to go through this ordeal...

I only missed it once I think, and there's no real ordeal involved. If you get a package from them you didn't order just right "Return to Sender" on the box and stick it back in the mail.

I had a few of the directers choice sent to me but I mailed them all back. Then they cancelled my subscribtion because I did too many returns. Good for me since I never bought a DVD towards completing the deal other than when I first got in on the deal and they offered the first selection at 9.99. So I ended up with 5 dvd's for 2.39 each.

[quote name='rvdrock']I gotta tape it back up...cuz I didnt know what the hell it was...[/QUOTE]
Will they let you since you already opened it?

They'll let you tape it up, in the future just check online, they keep track of your shipments, it'll show if it was a director's selection and it's easier than taping it all up. In fact I handled everything online, it was much easier. Or with even less hassle, if you didn't personally order anything, then just send it right back (or sneak a peek at the invoice before breaking the seal of the package).

Learn to play the columbia house game....I have gotten well over 100 movies through them at under $6 ea. Sign-up, fullfill, cancel, repeat. Wait for the good codes that give you free shipping on the initial 5-7 movies and only require you to buy 2-3 selections. Use the online coupon that lets you take $5 or $10 off your first order. When an excellent code comes out, sign up for two accounts simultaneously and then fullfill/cancel as fast as you can.. then when you are still on the phone after cancelling, sign back up. Go here for some great info:

DVD Talk

Example:

Best code LMT, LMY, 38Y (lowest average dvd price = 7 enrollment + 2 regular price to fullfill)
These codes to be used if you have a PSN (previous account number)
Quote:
You get 6 DVDs for 49¢ each--FREE shipping and processing.
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 each plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 7th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take an 8th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing).

In this case you get:

6 @ .49 = $3
1 @ 9.95 = $10
2 @ 19.95 + 2.50 shipping/ea = $45
USe the $5 coupon = 9 movies for $53

[quote name='h2dk']Learn to play the columbia house game....I have gotten well over 100 movies through them at under $6 ea. Sign-up, fullfill, cancel, repeat. Wait for the good codes that give you free shipping on the initial 5-7 movies and only require you to buy 2-3 selections. Use the online coupon that lets you take $5 or $10 off your first order. When an excellent code comes out, sign up for two accounts simultaneously and then fullfill/cancel as fast as you can.. then when you are still on the phone after cancelling, sign back up. Go here for some great info:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13[/QUOTE]

I know it's worth it but I just don't want to put in the effort right now. :lol:

Some some dumb reason on my part, when I saw Columbia house. I thought, hey a post about coffee. No idea why, time for me to go to bed.

Columbia House email me with new director's selection. The email contains link to their web site to either accept or decline their director's selection before they ship it. I haven't had any problem with them shipping a director's selection to me that I don't want.

[quote name='DT778']I had a few of the directers choice sent to me but I mailed them all back. Then they cancelled my subscribtion because I did too many returns. Good for me since I never bought a DVD towards completing the deal other than when I first got in on the deal and they offered the first selection at 9.99. So I ended up with 5 dvd's for 2.39 each.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they charge you the remaining amount that you were required to have purchased according to the contract?

[quote name='Schlomo']Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they charge you the remaining amount that you were required to have purchased according to the contract?[/QUOTE]

You are charged a Due by Contract payment at the end of your membership (usually 2 years) if you haven't purchased the required number of selections at regular price. You are then issued a voucher to redeem for those remaining selections.

I had this problem a long time ago, before they did anything online. I think I may still be a delinquent in their records.

[quote name='rvdrock']That damn directors selection has gotten me twice, now the first time, the movie was Collateral which I wanted anyways. So no harm, no foul...but THIS TIME it was Lemony Snickets...I DONT WANT NO fuckING LEMONY SNICKETS!!! I know I can return it, but I having to go through this ordeal...[/QUOTE]

You knew how it worked when you signed up. Why hate them? Hate yourself for not responding quickly enough. Better yet, hate nobody and just go through "this ordeal" or write off the loss.

[quote name='Graystone']Some some dumb reason on my part, when I saw Columbia house. I thought, hey a post about coffee. No idea why, time for me to go to bed.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='h2dk']Learn to play the columbia house game....I have gotten well over 100 movies through them at under $6 ea. Sign-up, fullfill, cancel, repeat. Wait for the good codes that give you free shipping on the initial 5-7 movies and only require you to buy 2-3 selections. Use the online coupon that lets you take $5 or $10 off your first order. When an excellent code comes out, sign up for two accounts simultaneously and then fullfill/cancel as fast as you can.. then when you are still on the phone after cancelling, sign back up. Go here for some great info:

DVD Talk

Example:

Best code LMT, LMY, 38Y (lowest average dvd price = 7 enrollment + 2 regular price to fullfill)
These codes to be used if you have a PSN (previous account number)
Quote:
You get 6 DVDs for 49¢ each--FREE shipping and processing.
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 each plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 7th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take an 8th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing).

In this case you get:

6 @ .49 = $3
1 @ 9.95 = $10
2 @ 19.95 + 2.50 shipping/ea = $45
USe the $5 coupon = 9 movies for $53

bread's done
Back