I finally figured out how to return a new open system to gamestop

JoeSama

CAG Veteran
A few days ago, I purchased a PSP 3000 from Gamestop, it was a limited time bundle that came with MLB'10 and I also went along and purchased GOW COO. Upon returning home and using it for a few hours, I really didn't feel that it was the right system for me, crappy game library (other than a few), one analog stick, and most games had sub-par graphics. I immediately wanted to return it, but I couldn't. I contemplated selling it on Ebay or Amazon, but didn't think I would get my full money's worth on a 2-day used system. I finally decided to call up a different Gamestop and asked if I could exchange it for a new one (to sell on Ebay), I told him what bundle I had, when I bought it etc.. Apparently, they did not have my bundle in stock....I asked what to do, he said that either I could go to a different gamestop, or he would return my money as long as I had the receipt and everything that came with it, I brought it in a got my money back, I was so pleased that I even left the store with Batman:Arkham Asylum (360)

Lesson Learned: If you have the reciept and everything that came with the system and it is in the 1-Month exchange time frame, you could get a refund as long as the Gamestop does NOT have the bundle you have.

[quote name='JoeSama']A few days ago, I purchased a PSP 3000 from Gamestop, it was a limited time bundle that came with MLB'10 and I also went along and purchased GOW COO. Upon returning home and using it for a few hours, I really didn't feel that it was the right system for me, crappy game library (other than a few), one analog stick, and most games had sub-par graphics. I immediately wanted to return it, but I couldn't. I contemplated selling it on Ebay or Amazon, but didn't think I would get my full money's worth on a 2-day used system. I finally decided to call up a different Gamestop and asked if I could exchange it for a new one (to sell on Ebay), I told him what bundle I had, when I bought it etc.. Apparently, they did not have my bundle in stock....I asked what to do, he said that either I could go to a different gamestop, or he would return my money as long as I had the receipt and everything that came with it, I brought it in a got my money back, I was so pleased that I even left the store with Batman:Arkham Asylum (360)

Lesson Learned: If you have the reciept and everything that came with the system and it is in the 1-Month exchange time frame, you could get a refund as long as the Gamestop does NOT have the bundle you have.[/QUOTE]

You can usually do that at most retail stores. Most places dont mind returning systems as long as you have everything.

Why exactly did you even buy it in the first place? I mean, if I'm going to drop a couple hundred dollars on something, I'm damn well gonna do some research first... didn't you make sure there were games you wanted? Watch some Youtube videos? Read a few reviews? I've honestly always wondered how people spend these large sums on things they so quickly decide they don't want.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Why exactly did you even buy it in the first place? I mean, if I'm going to drop a couple hundred dollars on something, I'm damn well gonna do some research first... didn't you make sure there were games you wanted? Watch some Youtube videos? Read a few reviews? I've honestly always wondered how people spend these large sums on things they so quickly decide they don't want.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, maybe one of those "impulse purchases".

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Why exactly did you even buy it in the first place? I mean, if I'm going to drop a couple hundred dollars on something, I'm damn well gonna do some research first... didn't you make sure there were games you wanted? Watch some Youtube videos? Read a few reviews? I've honestly always wondered how people spend these large sums on things they so quickly decide they don't want.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of is maybe the OP is like 12 or 13 and it was an impulse buy. I used to do dumb things like that at that age as well.

However, with how commonplace computers and stuff are now, there really is no reason to not do a little bit of research before purchasing something, especially if its $100+.

I take the bus to college every morning, its a pretty long bus ride and there's not much to do so I decided to buy a handheld system, my first choice WAS the Nintendo DSi, but I've never really bought anything from Nintendo and therefore was a bit skeptical, my next choice was obviously the PSP, I come from a family who buys Sony-Everything, Sony Cameras, TV's, CD Players, Consoles etc.. I guess it was this that made me think I would automatically feel comfortable with the PSP, Wrong! It was no more than a glorified cell phone--to me. I think for now I'll stick with reading the books on the bus and just coming home, relaxing, and turning up my 360 with some quality-games.

I've lately found myself spending a few hours at work after I've clocked out, waiting for my fiance to get off work as well so we can ride home together. Back in March, I decided between the waiting at work and the anime con in April, I should buy myself a new portable dvd player to replace my crappy ol' crap one that crapped out a few months beforehand. So- I spent 3 weeks doing research before buying my new player, and I'm very happy with it.

Please don't think I'm trying to be mean or anything, I'm honestly curious... you didn't even look up what games were on both systems? You just blind bought it?

Trust me, I didn't just "blindly" walk into the store and purchase the system, I've played my friends handhelds (PSP+DSi), read several reviews on the likes of IGN and GameSpot, and even talked to sales associates on which would be better for me. DS games are more about relaxing and harmless fun (i.e: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon), while PSP games are geared more towards strategy and experience (i.e: GOW, Patapon, Monster Hunter). I've played both genres on my 360 and I liked the latter better, hence, another reason to buy the PSP, but I have never played those games on the PSP, my general thought is that I'm more about Graphics over Gameplay, hence the reason why I didn't go buy the DSi after I returned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your complaints are crappy game library (other than a few), one analog stick, and most games had sub-par graphics etc then a DS is the wrong system for you seing as how the DS has no analog stick and the graphics are far inferior to the PSP.

As far as game library i'd say its 50/50. I'd be really surprised if you couldn't find enough PSP games to justify the purchase. The system has a ton of great games.

bread's done
Back