I found Rez for $10!!!

WeaponX2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (98%)
This is great. I found at a local videostore and hadn't been rented since Dec. It sucks a little too because I drove all over the damn place looking for the damn game, when I could have gone a freaking mile and got it. They're selling all there N64 and PS1 games too. Is there any rare ones I should look for?

The same thing happened to me when I bought Gitaroo Man at my local video store a year or so ago.

Nice find OP.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']This is great. I found at a local videostore and hadn't been rented since Dec. It sucks a little too because I drove all over the damn place looking for the damn game, when I could have gone a freaking mile and got it. They're selling all there N64 and PS1 games too. Is there any rare ones I should look for?[/QUOTE]

What was the name of the store?

Awesome find! I just got an import copy of it myself. Enjoy, that game is bliss, even though it's a little short.

Maybe its time for me to visit my local video stores more often now. Since the next gen are coming most stores are clearing out the old stuff.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Family Video ryosnk.[/QUOTE]
Ah yeah, lots of Family Videos seem to be doing this. I picked up Wipeout XL, Reboot, and Gex a couple weeks ago for $5 a piece. They didn't have much left, but it's worth mentioning because maybe it's the whole chain that's doing this, and maybe some Family Videos haven't been hit yet.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Family Video ryosnk.[/QUOTE]

family video rocks

i could of got Paper mario for n64 4.99
dragon warrior 7 ps1 4.99
and tons of other games

i say could of cause back then (about 2 years back) i didnt want them so i passed DOH!!!

Nice, I found my copy at the local rental shop for $10 too...aside from a slightly dusty case and manual and some stickers on said items, I'm more than happy :D

Guess I'll have to check out Family Video then.
I also saw FFVIII, FF Tactics, and Legend of Dragoon all sealed PS1 games at Sam Goody...I know FFVIII is rare, but how bout the other two.
I can't remember if the FFVIII was greatest hits or not, but if they aren't I'll probably scream..since there was two of them.

This is not even one of those "is Disgaea rare?" debates. If a game makes the greatest hits, how can it be rare? Prior to getting greatest hits status, don't you need to sell a huge load of copies?

[quote name='Shayde']Guess I'll have to check out Family Video then.
I also saw FFVIII, FF Tactics, and Legend of Dragoon all sealed PS1 games at Sam Goody...I know FFVIII is rare, but how bout the other two.
I can't remember if the FFVIII was greatest hits or not, but if they aren't I'll probably scream..since there was two of them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DX']I found a sealed copy at the CC sale last year for $5.

Nah nah![/QUOTE]

wouldn't be a rez thread without one of these guys. :p

[quote name='slidecage']family video rocks

i could of got Paper mario for n64 4.99
dragon warrior 7 ps1 4.99
and tons of other games

i say could of cause back then (about 2 years back) i didnt want them so i passed DOH!!![/QUOTE]

Got DW7 at target new for 4.38 2 years ago. I may try to go to another Family Video at see if that have Gitaroo-Man, too. It doesn't hurt.

one of the criteria to become a greatest hits game is that the game needed to sell EDIT*400,000* copies i believe, they had an article on it on gamespot.com a while ago, and must have been in the market for at least 9 months

i dont know if i would consider FFVIII rare though, it has greatest hits and has sold almost 2 million copies in the US:?

Valkyrie Profile isnt rare though, sooo if anyone sees a complete one is good condition i'll give you $30 shipped:D

[quote name='mkg12']one of the criteria to become a greatest hits game is that the game needed to sell EDIT*400,000* copies i believe, they had an article on it on gamespot.com a while ago, and must have been in the market for at least 9 months

i dont know if i would consider FFVIII rare though, it has greatest hits and has sold almost 2 million copies in the US:?

Valkyrie Profile isnt rare though, sooo if anyone sees a complete one is good condition i'll give you $30 shipped:D[/QUOTE]

I saw a sealed FFVIII non-greatest hits go for $80+ on eBay...so I figured it was worth something. Also there is one for $35 right now with 3 days still left.

[quote name='Shayde']I saw a sealed FFVIII non-greatest hits go for $80+ on eBay...so I figured it was worth something. Also there is one for $35 right now with 3 days still left.[/QUOTE]

the Sealed Non-GH copies go for a lot.

damn, i didnt know FFVIII when for a bit sealed non-gh too. i knew a crap load of people went for FFVII sealed non-gh for a bit of money

i guess sealed non-greatest copies are "rare", but unsealed non-gh copies cant be rare, there's millions of them.

bread's done
Back